Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Branden Albert drawing interest from Miami Dolphins

Default Branden Albert drawing interest from Miami Dolphins

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...et-cb-in-draft

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...miami-dolphins

If the Dolphins are willing to offer the 54th overall pick, the Chiefs should just take it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Sorry to break up the argument, put apparently Albert is demanding more money than the Dolphins are willing to pay (8-9 million, which is what Miami DIDN'T pay Jake Long). This is the scenario that I thought would happen. Unfortunately, we will probably keep Albert for another year.

So, what are our options?

The ideal would be to trade out of the #1 pick. Ideally, the Jets really want G. smith and would give us their 2 #1s to get him. Not really likely, but it would be ideal. If that happened, I would take Star and either Fluker (to play RT), Eifert, Vaccaro, ogletree or one of the WRs. Any of those I would be fine with, or even trading down further with one of the picks to get a couple seconds this year and next.

Thats not really likely, so hopefully maybe someoneelse in the top 10 really likes Joeckel, Smith and wants to trade with us. Then we take the BPA. Hopefully one of the tackles is still there, if not, maybe trade down further and stock up on mid round picks and picks next year.

If that doesn't work out, my last option would be to pick up one of the tackles and put him on the R side for a year. I dont see anyone worth the number one pick at a position of need for us. I don't think G. smith is going to be good in this league. We don't need an OLB like Dion Jordan, and I think DT is a need, but more for depth need than starters.

I kinda hope if we draft Joeckel and keep Albert, we tell him he is going to play RT. If he is serious about sitting out, prove it. If he does, we don't have to pay him and we have more cap space next year.

At least we will probably get a 4th round compensatory pick if he walks in free agency.
    Do you have a link to the Albert situation? Not that I disbelieve you, in fact I do believe you. They may decide on Eric Fisher, as he has played RT before and said he'd play that for KC.

Albert is not getting 8-9 mill from any of the other 31 teams. He and his agent have been indulging in way too much contraband substance, if they believe that he's a top 5 LT.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-21-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Sorry to break up the argument, put apparently Albert is demanding more money than the Dolphins are willing to pay (8-9 million, which is what Miami DIDN'T pay Jake Long). This is the scenario that I thought would happen. Unfortunately, we will probably keep Albert for another year.

So, what are our options?

The ideal would be to trade out of the #1 pick. Ideally, the Jets really want G. smith and would give us their 2 #1s to get him. Not really likely, but it would be ideal. If that happened, I would take Star and either Fluker (to play RT), Eifert, Vaccaro, ogletree or one of the WRs. Any of those I would be fine with, or even trading down further with one of the picks to get a couple seconds this year and next.

Thats not really likely, so hopefully maybe someoneelse in the top 10 really likes Joeckel, Smith and wants to trade with us. Then we take the BPA. Hopefully one of the tackles is still there, if not, maybe trade down further and stock up on mid round picks and picks next year.

If that doesn't work out, my last option would be to pick up one of the tackles and put him on the R side for a year. I dont see anyone worth the number one pick at a position of need for us. I don't think G. smith is going to be good in this league. We don't need an OLB like Dion Jordan, and I think DT is a need, but more for depth need than starters.

I kinda hope if we draft Joeckel and keep Albert, we tell him he is going to play RT. If he is serious about sitting out, prove it. If he does, we don't have to pay him and we have more cap space next year.

At least we will probably get a 4th round compensatory pick if he walks in free agency.

The link to the ALbert wanting to much for Miami http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ers-his-price/

I don't think he's going to be around after next season in KC at least. I think this relationship is really souring
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The link to the ALbert wanting to much for Miami http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ers-his-price/

I don't think he's going to be around after next season in KC at least. I think this relationship is really souring
    Thanks, I forgot to put it and in by the time I remembered, I couldn't edit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Guy tries to tell me that O-line is not overrated and then uses the Seahawks/Redskins/49ers as examples.
    And I've also used the Chiefs an example several times to illustrate that they AREN'T overrated & everybody and their brother has seen the evidence of that manifest itself on the football field time and again. Many Chiefs fans, unlike Ryfo, are willing to acknowledge that, as evidenced by a poll taken at kcchiefs.com regarding the BPA available in the 2013 draft. 55% of over 1700 votes went to Luke Joeckel.

The Seahawks and Redskins were garbage until they drafted good QBs.
    Irrelevant to the Chiefs drafting a QB. ZERO for 17 since 1970. Case closed.

49ers were garbage until they had the 2nd best scoring defense in the league. Oh, and they traded up to draft a quarterback!
    It was the Niners COACHING that made them garbage. The talent was there, including Alex Smith. they traded up to draft CK, because they had nobody behind Smith.

Seriously. You just can't argue with people that are so thickheaded that they won't even vaguely think that someone else's opinion is correct.
    Quite simply, because the evidence that has manifested itself on the football field has proven that Ryfo's opinion is incorrect & worthless. And when people reject his "urinate on their heads and tell them it's raining" type of mentality, they aren't being thickheaded, they are being wise.

This guy has been harping the O-line every year while failing to realize the Chiefs have probably a top 10-15 O-line in recent years.
    I'm not the only one wanting O-Line wanting every year, because those in the know are quite aware that the Chiefs DON'T have a top 10-15 O-Line, but they know that Jamaal Charles is an elite runner who's made them look better than what they really are for years since 2009.

This same guy couldn't even recognize a designed screen play and instead thought that the Oline got worked.
    The play got smothered because the blocking wasn't there. Simple, really. And it WAS a checkdown, not a designed screen.

Consider the source, folks
    Got that right. Consider the source still wanting Geno Smith drafted #1 overall, and throwing Alex Smith under the bus before he's ever taken a single snap in KC.

No team in this league is winning a championship with an elite O-line. Take a look at the left tackles that have won Super Bowls in recent years. We're talking about middle of the road guys. And yet O-line isn't overrated...Yawn.
    NO won in 2009 with a very elite O-Line. Packers O-Line stepped up in the 2010 post-season with LT Chad Clifton & 1st rounder Bryan Bulaga leading the way . Bryant McKinnie was the #7 overall pick in 2002 and stepped up in the 2012 post season playing LT & allowing Michael Oher to play his more natural RT. Try telling Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and Joe Flacco that O-Line is overrated.

Thankfully, I finally gave in and won't see anymore of his posts.
    White flag surrender & the general route that individuals take when the truth hurts too much.

It's just not worth reading the constant nonsense.
    The nonsense is all coming from Ryfo's end & others have acknowledged that.

Try talking to the guy about actual X's and O's and you'll see the lack of football IQ shine through.
    Since when did the Chiefs start sending Ryfo their playbook? Or any of us for that matter? Anyone can scratch X's and O's in the dirt with a stick.

looks as is arizona might get involved

Run on tackles could cause Cardinals to consider Branden Albert

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 22, 2013, 7:16 PM EDT
    APThe Arizona Cardinals could use a left tackle, and they have the No. 7 overall pick in a strong draft for left tackles. But with talk increasing that all three of the top tackle prospects will be gone within the first six picks, the Cardinals may need to look elsewhere.
    That may be why Mike Jurecki ‏of XTRA 910 in Phoenix is hearing that the Cardinals have discussed a trade with the Chiefs for left tackle Branden Albert. The Chiefs are reportedly willing to accept a second-round pick as compensation for Albert, who has been their starting left tackle for the last five years.
    The problem, however, is that Albert reportedly wants between $8 million and $9 million a year on a long-term contract. That appears to be the holdup on a trade with the Dolphins that had previously been discussed. The Cardinals would have to be willing to make a significant financial investment if they’re going to trade for Albert. And that’s why Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic is hearing that Albert is too expensive for the Cardinals’ tastes.
    But if Texas A&M left tackle Luke Joeckel, Central Michigan left tackle Eric Fisher and Oklahoma left tackle Lane Johnson are all off the board before the Cardinals make their pick, then Arizona may decide that the best option is to address another position in the first round and use their second-round pick to get Albert.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    You're right they did think they would be good. But your comparison to there situation and ours is just apples to oranges they didn't have the overall number 1 pick. And every team takes a player because they think he's going to be good. Not one GM in the history of the NFL in the 1st round has said you know I think this guys going to be a bust so I'm going to take him. You are acting like they knew that he was going to be a superbowl MVP when they drafted him they didn't you're giving them the benifit of after the fact. NO team knows whats going to happen when they draft a player.

They had a winning record when he threw the ball at least 30 times. That's not bad. And how do you know he can't command an offense are you in the huddle with him? Alex Smith has been pretty good the last couple of years. He had his team on the brink of the superbowl in 2011 he's not the one who muffed the punts. They didn't lose the NFC title game because he "couldn't command the offense" they lost that NFC title game because of the muffed punts. He has shown he can get a team far. He COULD do that in KC. Why just assume that he can't? Other then he's not who you want.

Smith can't anchor an offense, the guy has never even thrown for 3200 yards in a single season. When you break that down it's 200 yards a game. Absolutely pathetic.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 04-22-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Smith can't anchor an offense, the guy has never even thrown for 3200 yards in a single season. When you break that down it's 200 yards a game. Absolutely pathetic.
    Trent Green never threw for 3500 yards prior to coming to KC, then proceeded to do it 5 years in a row from 2001-2005.

Point is, what Alex Smith did in SF is irrelevant, it's what he does in KC that counts now & nobody knows for certain what's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Trent Green never threw for 3500 yards prior to coming to KC, then proceeded to do it 5 years in a row from 2001-2005.

Point is, what Alex Smith did in SF is irrelevant, it's what he does in KC that counts now & nobody knows for certain what's going to happen.

Although what you said is true, for the most part our past is the prediction of the future. His past indicates he is a game manager. A game manager won't lead us anywhere. He had ONE 300 yard passing game in 1.5 seasons under harbaugh.

The Trent Green comparison is another story, it's also a different NFL.

Although what you said is true, for the most part our past is the prediction of the future. His past indicates he is a game manager. A game manager won't lead us anywhere. He had ONE 300 yard passing game in 1.5 seasons under harbaugh.
    CK only had one (1) 300 yd passing game in the SB and they lost. Harbaugh's offense isn't the same as Andy Reid's. Smith was NOT a game manager in the 49ers playoff win in 2011. He carried that team when their Defense got tore up.

The Trent Green comparison is another story, it's also a different NFL.
    How is it a different NFL? The game hasn't changed at all in the last 15 years. WTF are you talking about?

Again you speak like your opinion is fact.

And with our running game do we need much more the 200 yards passing every week?

But like its been said what he has done before doesn't really matter good or bad HE HAS NEVER PLAYED FOR ANDY REID that's a FACT. Stop acting like you know what Reid is going to do with him. Unless your in contact with Reid. I would need some proof of that then I'll take you seriously.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast