Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Branden Albert drawing interest from Miami Dolphins

Default Branden Albert drawing interest from Miami Dolphins

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...et-cb-in-draft

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...miami-dolphins

If the Dolphins are willing to offer the 54th overall pick, the Chiefs should just take it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    This Miami comparison would work if it were not for 1 little thing. Miami didn't go out that offseason and trade for a QB that year. THey didn't go trade for a QB who had a playoff win under his belt and had his team close to the superbowl. Outside of that little fact it works

We traded 2 second round picks for a qb who has played for 8 seasons with 1 whole playoff win under his belt. This is getting sadder and sadder.

Piss ff. Off. Hali Orton. Ps

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    We traded 2 second round picks for a qb who has played for 8 seasons with 1 whole playoff win under his belt. This is getting sadder and sadder.
    First off if it gets to the point where the trade is 2 2nd rounders then Alex did well the 2nd pick is unkown because it depends on how things go. So stop trying to act like the trade is final in regards to the 2nd pick.

And it's so much better to REACH HIGHLY use the best pick of the enitire draft on a guy who NO ONE thinks is good enough to be the number 1 pick. Ya that's so much smarter then a guy who has done well over the past couple of years in the NFL. RIGHT
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Just my opinion, and it is just mine, we need OL help, biggest need on our team, QB change has happen, there is no QB worthy of a first pick in this draft, not sure if even a 1st round. Does not mean that any of them could become great, just saying there not worth the pick now. I like Fisher, because he is willing to play RT or LT, that says he wants to just play, Branden has stated he only want to play LT, so that sounds to me like someone who is unwilling to do a job he is assigned to do, I for one do not like employees who are not willing to do the job they are asked to do. So I have no problem with trading Branden Alberts.
    He won't even show up to work in the first place. Being paid 9 million$ sorry but you should show up to work
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by pojote View Post
    OK. The problem isn't that he didn't showed up for voluntary workouts, the problem is that he made public what other players said in private.
    The difference is, Albert signed the tender already and yet, he said he won't show up until he's given a long-term deal, which the new Chiefs regime simply CANNOT give until he proves he can hold up for an entire season, and he's not worthy of the top 5 LT money that he wants, anyway.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-20-2013 at 04:08 PM.

First off if it gets to the point where the trade is 2 2nd rounders then Alex did well the 2nd pick is unkown because it depends on how things go. So stop trying to act like the trade is final in regards to the 2nd pick.

And it's so much better to REACH HIGHLY use the best pick of the enitire draft on a guy who NO ONE thinks is good enough to be the number 1 pick. Ya that's so much smarter then a guy who has done well over the past couple of years in the NFL. RIGHT

You just described our LT position to a tee, and we are going to need more than just a game manager at qb to contend for a super bowl. That's why Alex Smith is not the answer. RIGHT

You just described our LT position to a tee, and we are going to need more than just a game manager at qb to contend for a super bowl. That's why Alex Smith is not the answer. RIGHT
    I hate to tell you this I know that it's hard to see draft boards and keep your lips on Geno's backside at the same time but FAR more people have Jockel near the top of the board then Geno or any other QB in this years draft. But go one preaching how stupid we are for not INSANELY REACHING for Geno Smith when theres even a QB in the draft that beat Geno 3 times. But I'm sure that doesn't Matter. The only thing that's sad is your mancrush on Geno Smith
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I hate to tell you this I know that it's hard to see draft boards and keep your lips on Geno's backside at the same time but FAR more people have Jockel near the top of the board then Geno or any other QB in this years draft. But go one preaching how stupid we are for not INSANELY REACHING for Geno Smith when theres even a QB in the draft that beat Geno 3 times. But I'm sure that doesn't Matter. The only thing that's sad is your mancrush on Geno Smith
    Therein lies the problem. Too many people aren't willing to give Alex Smith that same chance that they'd be willing to give Geno Smith -- even in spite of the fact that Alex Smith has won in the post-season and he carried the Niners in that 2011 playoff victory. Go figure.

Well Geno or whoever. Joe Flacco was not looked at as a number 1 pick and look what happened, do you think Baltimore regrets the decision? If we had taken the plunge and drafted a qb scrub in 2009 we would be in the exact same position we are in now versus getting the "sure thing" FA, and how did that turn out?

So to sum it up are you saying Alex Smith is a great-elite qb or do you believe he is a competent game manager?

It's either one or the other.

Well Geno or whoever. Joe Flacco was not looked at as a number 1 pick and look what happened, do you think Baltimore regrets the decision? If we had taken the plunge and drafted a qb scrub in 2009 we would be in the exact same position we are in now versus getting the "sure thing" FA, and how did that turn out?

So to sum it up are you saying Alex Smith is a great-elite qb or do you believe he is a competent game manager?

It's either one or the other.
    Did the Ravens have the number 1 overall pick when they took Flacco? No it's apples to oranges In regards to comparing the 2 situations. ANd what "sure thing FA did we get in 09? I don't remember any

I not once have said Alex Smith is Elite. NOT ONCE. What I have said is He did well when he had a head coach that was worth anything. There's reason to think he can do ok in KC. His last start that "he got benched" he was

18/19 232 yards 3td 0int Yep horrible

In 10 games last season he had a QB rateing over 100 in 5 of them Again horrible I no

His overall QB rateing last year was 104 Ya who can win with a garbage QB like that.

He is 19-5-1 in the last 2 seasons HORRIBLE GET HIM OUT OF THE NFL

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...S/SmitAl03.htm

He did struggle his first few years but i again challange you to find me a qb who did well under the head coaches he had.

You act like he's been horrible he wasn't You give him NO credit at all

Geno Has DONE NOTHING in the NFL. HE never had his team close to the title in college (which you give him 0 blame for) but he's the unquestoned hall of fame QB? Stop just stop it's embarrassing Stop whineing just because they are not drafting who you want or go root for whatever team drafts geno
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast