Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Branden Albert drawing interest from Miami Dolphins

Default Branden Albert drawing interest from Miami Dolphins

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...et-cb-in-draft

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...miami-dolphins

If the Dolphins are willing to offer the 54th overall pick, the Chiefs should just take it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by ItAintEasyBeingaChiefsFan View Post
    I hear what you are saying, but after all is said and done, we were willing to lay the franchise tag on him for $9,000,000 Its obvious we think he's good enough when healthy to have him around. Is getting a 2nd rounder worth dropping the #1 pick and the chance to have a healthy Albert in 2014?

It cuts deep to see this franchise get the #1 pick after sucking all these years and piss it all away.
    Ya this whole getting the number 1 pick just seems to be at the wrong time. With the lack of any real stand out talent to all the situations dealing with Albert. Sucks I will agree.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Alex Smith has never averaged more than 200 yards passing per game in a season and all of the sudden he is going to lead us to the super bowl.

The LT which is the position we are drafting is fine, you need to understand that. Baltimore didn't have an elite LT and they were fine.

The bottomline is this, you dont need an elite LT to be a contender but you do need a top 10 qb to contend.

They might need o line help but that doesn't include the LT position.

Points you still ignore because you can't answer them

Again Andy Reid has NEVER coached Alex Smith this will be a whole new offense for Smith. Sorry but you don't know what Smith can or can't do in this new offense. That's a FACT.

2nd the Lt is fine right now but again the Albert contract status. It's just stupid to ignore that it's looking like he wants more money then we are willing to pay for him and just assume he will lower his demands. Even the dolphins don't think he's worth what he's asking. Again tell me the packers were stupid for drafting Aaron Rodgers when they "didn't need a QB"

And going back to your top 10 point Kurt Warner wasn't considered a top 10 QB before he signed with the Rams the guy was bagging groceries for crying out loud he got with the right head coach and the right team and he took off. Alex Smith is MUCH more highly though of then Warner was before going to the Rams. He COULD do the same. He might not but to pretend you know he can't is nothing more then your opinion
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

This regime does look like a blunder so far. Signing another backup qb, statistically one of the worst corners in football (Sean Smith) and now we are going to draft a LT which we don't even need.
    Ya it's not like they signed any other Corners or anything like say Dunta Robinson So pretty much your already declaring Dorsey a moron for no other reason then they are not doing what you want with the first pick you really need to get over it
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Points you still ignore because you can't answer them

Again Andy Reid has NEVER coached Alex Smith this will be a whole new offense for Smith. Sorry but you don't know what Smith can or can't do in this new offense. That's a FACT.

2nd the Lt is fine right now but again the Albert contract status. It's just stupid to ignore that it's looking like he wants more money then we are willing to pay for him and just assume he will lower his demands. Even the dolphins don't think he's worth what he's asking. Again tell me the packers were stupid for drafting Aaron Rodgers when they "didn't need a QB"

And going back to your top 10 point Kurt Warner wasn't considered a top 10 QB before he signed with the Rams the guy was bagging groceries for crying out loud he got with the right head coach and the right team and he took off. Alex Smith is MUCH more highly though of then Warner was before going to the Rams. He COULD do the same. He might not but to pretend you know he can't is nothing more then your opinion

I'm sure Alex Smith's 185 yards per game will get us to the super bowl.

Ya it's not like they signed any other Corners or anything like say Dunta Robinson So pretty much your already declaring Dorsey a moron for no other reason then they are not doing what you want with the first pick you really need to get over it

Statistically Dunta Robinson and Sean Smith are 2 of the worst corners in the league.

LMAO you can't answer those facts so you just say the same thing over and over again. It's sad really
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Smith is our starting corner. Dunta Robinson should be our nickel.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...d-cornerbacks/

Where better to start than the raw numbers showing who gave up the most first downs? In that respect, the first walk of shame belongs to Sean Smith, who was beaten for 40 first downs and six touchdowns in 2012. Those 46 combined first downs and touchdowns were one more than Cary Williams and Patrick Robinson, both of whom had 45 as their magical number. How about that, two of the three are about to be free agents. Interesting.

And remember Miami didn't even offer him a contract to come back, I wonder why?

Smith is our starting corner. Dunta Robinson should be our nickel.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...d-cornerbacks/

Where better to start than the raw numbers showing who gave up the most first downs? In that respect, the first walk of shame belongs to Sean Smith, who was beaten for 40 first downs and six touchdowns in 2012. Those 46 combined first downs and touchdowns were one more than Cary Williams and Patrick Robinson, both of whom had 45 as their magical number. How about that, two of the three are about to be free agents. Interesting.

And remember Miami didn't even offer him a contract to come back, I wonder why?
    Now that's a much better post it actually has a response other then the same thing over and over again GOOD JOB post like this are much better.

I think Smith and Robinson will be starting based on who matches up better with the WR there going against. Having Flowers as our solid number 1 and them in Combo could lead to much better years for them now that they are clearly not the number 1 guy. But those numbers are a bit of a concern I will admit
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

LMAO you can't answer those facts so you just say the same thing over and over again. It's sad really

What facts? What do you want me to answer? I answered every question you gave me.

Can you give me a reason why alex smith has not thrown for 3200 yards or had a 20 td season?

Can you give me an example in recent memory of a game manager winning a super bowl?

Can you give me a reason as to why Harbaugh preferred Kaepernick after only 3-4 games as a starter while he had Smith the entire 2011 season and half of the 2012 season?

Can you give me a reason why Alex Smith has only started all 16 games twice in his NFL career?

Can you give me a reason why I should be confident he can remain healthy?

Why we are spending the number 1 pick on a position we dont even need, when we could be spending it on a position we do need like the CORNER BACK position you just admitted to us needing.

?
    Last edited by MyManHali; 04-24-2013 at 07:00 PM.

If it wasn't for a couple of muffed punts, he would have lead San Francisco to the Super Bowl two years ago.