Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    You are about to be disappointed..... Again. We arent going to be a contender unless we have a good quarterback that can do more than just manage a game.
    Who do have in mind?
    SHUT IT

Chiefs @ Jaguars - There's too many problems in Jacksonville for one offseason to fix. W.
    Cowboys @ Chiefs - Tony Romo is overrated. And KC has a coach that's used to it. W.
    Chiefs @ Eagles - Chip Kelly is no Andy Reid. W.
    Giants @ Chiefs - Good Game. The Chiefs are improving but not there yet. L.
    Chiefs @ Titans - Fluke game. Too many unknowns. Home field advantage. L.
    Raiders @ Chiefs - Raiders D line takes advantage of a young KC O-line. L.
    Texans @ Chiefs - Chiefs are still struggling with change. Texans aren't. L.
    Browns @ Chiefs - Good game. W.
    Chiefs @ Bills - Chiefs break a trend, due to all the changes with the Bills. W.
    BYE
    Chiefs @ Broncos - Good game. Broncos win but are beat up badly in the process. L.
    Chargers @ Chiefs - Chiefs' LB corps takes over this one. W.
    Broncos @ Chiefs - Good game. Home field advantage. W.
    Chiefs @ Redskins - By this time Andy Reid has the offense firing on all cylinders. Good game. W.
    Chiefs @ Raiders - I'm Andy Reid, b!+c#. W.
    Indy @ Chiefs - Good game. Lot has changed with the Chiefs, not so much for Indy. W.
    Chiefs @ Chargers - With a playoff spot at stake, Chiefs O line dominates. W.

It's very feasible for us to 11-5 and get a playoff appearance with the schedule, talent & coaching we've got. My gut feeling is that we'll struggle in the first half of the season, but given all the changes going on with teams that normally win against us (for ex. Buffalo) and with the difference Andy Reid will bring to the table, we'll break some trends.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    1. Chiefs @ Jaguars- WIN
    The Jaguars had the SAME RECORD as the Chiefs last season... ZERO Pro Bowlers. New, unproven head coach (Gus Bradley), Blaine Gabbert or rookie QB at the helm, a defense that ranked 30th overall, and an offense that ranked 29th. Even if Geno Smith is the next Cam Newton, he won't be enough to lift this team enough to beat the Chiefs. If a #1 LT pick isn't going to win you a game, then neither is the best pass rusher at #2. There is absolutely NOTHING you can say to convince a logical thinker that the Jaguars have done enough to make themselves competitive next year. The Jags will pick in the top 5 again next season no matter who they take at #2.

2. Cowboys @ Chiefs-WIN
    The Cowboys are in really rough shape. They have no room to maneuver in order to improve their team from the perceived disaster that was last year. This is a .500 team that will be installing a 4-3 defense with 3-4 personnel. The Cowboys are going to take a step backward from where they were last year. It's also the home opener AT Arrowhead. You're selling the Chiefs WAY short if you think the Cowboys can come into Arrowhead and win that game.

3. Chiefs @ Eagles-WIN
    The Chiefs could have trouble with the Chip Kelly offense. However, the Eagles are in complete rebuild mode and I don't think they're in position to win this season like the Chiefs are. This game is more of a 60/40 thing, but I think the Chiefs have positioned themselves much better to win this game than Philly has.

4. Giants @ Chiefs-loss
    Unless the Giants get off to a slow start and Manning finds himself in the midst of one of his annual funks, I don't think the Chiefs will be ready to beat one of the top teams over the last few years. I think they would have a much better chance at beating the Giants later in the season, but week 3 is a little early I think.

5. Chiefs @ Titans-Win
    The Titans are in complete rebuilding mode as well and still are not in position to have a winning season. These guys just don't have the personnel to expect to win at a consistent level.

6. Raiders @ Chiefs-Win
    I think the Chiefs will win both games against Oakland, but I don't think they will be "gimme" games. Oakland under new leadership is getting better at a pretty fast clip. I think Oakland will actually be close to a .500 team give or take a game if they can figure out the QB position.

7. Texans @ Chiefs-Loss
    I think this game will be a lot closer than most anyone else thinks it will be. By this point in the season the Chiefs will be ready for a litmus test and they will find themselves to be lacking... but not by much. Talent-wise I think the Chiefs will be right with the Texans. However, experience and continuity will win the day.

8. Browns @ Chiefs-Win
    The Browns have no direction at QB. With direction at that position, you basically have no direction as a franchise altogether (as Chiefs fans well know) The Browns will pick in the top 5 next April.

9. Chiefs @ Bills-Win
    The Chiefs can't lose this game EVERY year, can they? Should be a good game. I'm a Chiefs fan, I'll take the Chiefs in a game they SHOULD win.

10. BYE WEEK

11. Chiefs @ Broncos-Loss
    The next litmus test for the Chiefs will be against one of the top 3 teams in the league. It would be foolish to pick the Chiefs against THAT team IN Denver.

12. Chargers @ Chiefs-Win
    Home game against a .500 San Diego team. By now, the team should be hitting its collective stride and this should be a game they're suppose to win AT HOME.

13. Broncos @ Chiefs-WIN
    The second time around will be better for the Chiefs AT HOME. They had their bye week to study and prepare to play Denver a few weeks back. Then, got to play them directly after that bye week. With that game fresh in their minds, not much will have changed in 2 weeks and hopefully the defense can address the Manning exploits. A more experienced Chiefs team will split the season series with Denver.

14. Chiefs @ Redskins-Loss
    This will be an evenly matched game against D.C. If RGIII is healthy, I think the Redskins win this game at home. If he's not healthy, I'll take the Chiefs.

15. Chiefs @ Raiders-Win
    Chiefs take this game against their hated division rival seriously and prepare for team solidifying win. I'm actually predicting a blowout win against the Raiders in this game. The Raiders' season will be in shambles and the Chiefs will come out looking to make a season-ending statement.

16. Colts @ Chiefs-WIN
    I have the Chiefs at 10-4 coming into this game. Depending on how the season unfolds, this could be a game that decides whether or not the Chiefs have a chance at a bye week in the first round, host in the first round, or even make the playoffs at all. If any of those options are on the table, the Chiefs come out swinging and win a "must-win" game at home in the month of December when historically, competitive Chiefs teams have been hard to beat.

17. Chiefs @ Chargers-Win
    Same as above. If the Chiefs are in a must-win scenario, I think they pull it out. If they're not, I think the Chiefs are resting players here and they'll probably lose in San Diego.

The Chiefs head into this season with the 5th easiest schedule based on last year's results. In 2010, they had the easiest schedule in the league. The schedule is pretty similar to the 2010 schedule. The only difference is you're switching the NFC West for the East. Dallas is perennially stuck at .500 and the Eagles pick #4 this draft. Even if you think Alex Smith is the 2nd coming of Matt Cassel, then you have to at least concede that the Chiefs can do no worse than 10-6 with a MUCH better head coach and a heck of a lot more talent. For years, the biggest problem with the Chiefs has been their coaching. That is no longer a problem with this administration. The talent is there. The coaching is there. The floor for this team has to be .500. The ceiling is 12-4 with the Chiefs probably landing somewhere in between.
    I'll be saving this post, for sure. No way this team goes 12-4.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I'll be saving this post, for sure. No way this team goes 12-4.
    I'm thinking 10-6 MIGHT be doable, but even that may be a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I'm thinking 10-6 MIGHT be doable, but even that may be a stretch.
    10 is the most I can really see as well I think it's going to end up from 7-10 wins

But like I say every year 19-0 till proven otherwise
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    10 is the most I can really see as well I think it's going to end up from 7-10 wins

But like I say every year 19-0 till proven otherwise
    Just thought of something. If Manning goes down in Denver -- and it's a very strong possibility at his age -- the AFC west could be the Chiefs for the taking.

Not saying I want Manning to go down. I don't. I want him on the field, so that if the Chiefs beat them in one of those 2 games, then the Donks have no excuses.

0-16, that way every time we win i can be shocked and have a great day, when the chiefs lose I can say "meh, its the chiefs" lol but I still say 6-10, but its early to say .

Just so you are aware, I have a file that I'm keeping all your and Ryfo's quotes in. I will make sure to sticky a thread with all your sour grapes gripes at the end of next season.

Seriously, y'all just need to find a different team to root for. Whichever amazingly smart team that drafts Geno would be a good place to start... or Denver with their "elite" QB.
    So we are going to have a "I TOLD YOU SO" thread in the future, cool....I guess. What exactly has to happen for you to be able to make this "i told you so" thread and call them out and what has to happen for you to make a "I was wrong, you were right" thread? Also what has to happen to make a "We were both right and wrong" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Just thought of something. If Manning goes down in Denver -- and it's a very strong possibility at his age -- the AFC west could be the Chiefs for the taking.

Not saying I want Manning to go down. I don't. I want him on the field, so that if the Chiefs beat them in one of those 2 games, then the Donks have no excuses.
    That's the AFC west in a nutshell. There's also no law that says that Manning's game plan won't be blown apart if a good defense figures out a way to step it up. And in the NFL, once one team does it...next sunday everyone's doing it.

Just so you are aware, I have a file that I'm keeping all your and Ryfo's quotes in. I will make sure to sticky a thread with all your sour grapes gripes at the end of next season.

Seriously, y'all just need to find a different team to root for. Whichever amazingly smart team that drafts Geno would be a good place to start... or Denver with their "elite" QB.

Why didn't you start this earlier? If you had kept track of the last 2 years I would be the ChiefsCrowd God.

I will be awaiting your 12-4 prediction with great anticipation.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast