Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Miami won't agree to contract that Albert is asking

Default Miami won't agree to contract that Albert is asking

Sorry to make a new thread, but I feel like my other post would have been buried by some of the bickering in the other Albert threads.

Apparently Albert is demanding more money than the Dolphins are willing to pay (8-9 million, which is what Miami DIDN'T pay Jake Long). This is the scenario that I thought would happen. Unfortunately, we will probably keep Albert for another year.

So, what are our options?

The ideal would be to trade out of the #1 pick. Ideally, the Jets really want G. smith and would give us their 2 #1s to get him. Not really likely, but it would be ideal. If that happened, I would take Star and either Fluker (to play RT), Eifert, Vaccaro, ogletree or one of the WRs. Any of those I would be fine with, or even trading down further with one of the picks to get a couple seconds this year and next.

Thats not really likely, so hopefully maybe someoneelse in the top 10 really likes Joeckel, Smith or Jordan and wants to trade with us. Then we take the BPA. Hopefully one of the tackles is still there, if not, maybe trade down further and stock up on mid round picks and picks next year.

If that doesn't work out, my last option would be to pick up one of the tackles and put him on the R side for a year. I dont see anyone worth the number one pick at a position of need for us. I don't think G. smith is going to be good in this league. We don't need an OLB like Dion Jordan, and I think DT is a need, but more for depth need than starters.

I kinda hope if we draft Joeckel and keep Albert, we tell him he is going to play RT. If he is serious about sitting out, prove it. If he does, we don't have to pay him and we have more cap space next year.

At least we will probably get a 4th round compensatory pick if he walks in free agency.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ers-his-price/

So supposedly Miami is ok with paying Albert what he is asking, which means the ball is in KC's court. Then, there is a new report that the Cardinals may be interested in Albert if the top 3 OTs are gone by their pick in the 1st round. Dorsey may be playing this situation brilliantly. I suspect they are waiting until the top 10 picks have been made before they finalize any trades. Albert's trade value may skyrocket before the 7th pick has been made. Here is what I think the needs are for the top 11 teams.

1. KC - OT
    2. JAX - Most people think they want D. Jordan, but there are some reports they will take the OT KC doesnt pick up.
    3. Raiders - Floyd, some rumors of interest in OT
    4. Philly - ? Is their LT healthy? do they want Geno Smith? Do they want DL help?
    5. Detroit - OT?, OLB?
    6. Cleveland - has said they want to trade down, DL, CB
    7. Arizona - needs a LT and Guard
    8. Buffalo - QB, trade down, ?
    9. Jets - DB, OLB, WR
    10. Titans - DB, OG
    11. San Diego - OT and OG

So, it is very feasible that 3 OTs are off the board by 7 since there are rumors about every team in the top 5 being interested in a QB. Compound that with the fact that San Diego has NO ONE to play LT this year, and Cleveland wants to trade down, I could see SD jumping in front of Arizona to cherry pick the last of the top 3 OTs on the board. Cleveland doesnt have a 2nd round pick this year, so they may be itching to to get back into the 2nd round, and San Diego needs to protect Rivers, since he falls apart under constant pressure.

So, if Arizona is stuck needing an OT, they may offer their 2nd round pick to us (#38). If I were Dorsey, I would give BA's agent permission to talk to Arizona's front office. The one problem is that AZ only has 10 mil left in salary cap space and they still need to sign their draft class, so I dont know if they could afford BA unless they backload his deal.

At the least, the rumors of Az being interested may make the Dolphins offer the #54 pick and some later picks or the #42 pick.

I cant wait until this weekend, I think it will be a very exciting draft with a lot of trades (throughout the league, not just involving KC).

Quite correct jap1, this is getting very interesting. The more footage that I watch of Joeckel and Fisher, the more I become convinced that the Chiefs have to come away with one of those guys & I don't think Dorsey is really looking to trade down, unless he gets a blockbuster offer similar to what the Rams got from the Skins for RGIII, which is highly doubtful.

The top 3 LT's could be gone within the first 5 picks.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-23-2013 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Quite correct jap1, this is getting very interesting. The more footage that I watch of Joeckel and Fisher, the more I become convinced that the Chiefs have to come away with one of those guys & I don't think Dorsey is really looking to trade down, unless he gets a blockbuster offer similar to what the Rams got from the Skins for RGIII, which is highly doubtful.

The top 3 LT's could be gone within the first 5 picks.
    I think my new ideal scenario is that we take one of the OTs with the first pick, then one of the other top 5 teams takes a tackle leaving L. Johnson the only top tier OT there at 6. The SD chargeless then trade up to jump Arizona and grab him.

Now some may ask why would I want a rival to fill one of their biggest needs. Well, they would have to give up AT LEAST a 2nd round pick to get him, likely more than that, which would weaken them going into the future. Second, it drives up the value for Albert.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    So supposedly Miami is ok with paying Albert what he is asking, which means the ball is in KC's court. Then, there is a new report that the Cardinals may be interested in Albert if the top 3 OTs are gone by their pick in the 1st round. Dorsey may be playing this situation brilliantly. I suspect they are waiting until the top 10 picks have been made before they finalize any trades. Albert's trade value may skyrocket before the 7th pick has been made. Here is what I think the needs are for the top 11 teams.

1. KC - OT
    2. JAX - Most people think they want D. Jordan, but there are some reports they will take the OT KC doesnt pick up.
    3. Raiders - Floyd, some rumors of interest in OT
    4. Philly - ? Is their LT healthy? do they want Geno Smith? Do they want DL help?
    5. Detroit - OT?, OLB?
    6. Cleveland - has said they want to trade down, DL, CB
    7. Arizona - needs a LT and Guard
    8. Buffalo - QB, trade down, ?
    9. Jets - DB, OLB, WR
    10. Titans - DB, OG
    11. San Diego - OT and OG

So, it is very feasible that 3 OTs are off the board by 7 since there are rumors about every team in the top 5 being interested in a QB. Compound that with the fact that San Diego has NO ONE to play LT this year, and Cleveland wants to trade down, I could see SD jumping in front of Arizona to cherry pick the last of the top 3 OTs on the board. Cleveland doesnt have a 2nd round pick this year, so they may be itching to to get back into the 2nd round, and San Diego needs to protect Rivers, since he falls apart under constant pressure.

So, if Arizona is stuck needing an OT, they may offer their 2nd round pick to us (#38). If I were Dorsey, I would give BA's agent permission to talk to Arizona's front office. The one problem is that AZ only has 10 mil left in salary cap space and they still need to sign their draft class, so I dont know if they could afford BA unless they backload his deal.

At the least, the rumors of Az being interested may make the Dolphins offer the #54 pick and some later picks or the #42 pick.

I cant wait until this weekend, I think it will be a very exciting draft with a lot of trades (throughout the league, not just involving KC).
    Among the best case scenarios IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    T-4 days. The Albert deal and our 1st overall pick will become very clear over the next few days. My dream scenario would be Albert coming back to the Chiefs on a new 4yr/28mm deal. Then trading back to pick up at least a 2nd rd pick and just draftin best player available.
    I 200% agree. We need a corner..Milner?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    I 200% agree. We need a corner..Milner?
    We just signed 2 CBs. I would say we need ILB, FS, and then depth on OL and DL before we need another CB.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    We just signed 2 CBs. I would say we need ILB, FS, and then depth on OL and DL before we need another CB.

I thought it was sarcasm. Didn't even think to respond. lol

We will probably actually take fisher. Hopefully trade back up for a pass rusher that can get to and finish a play in the backfield

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123