Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dolphins don't want to give up a 2nd

Default Dolphins don't want to give up a 2nd

Apparently the Dolphins want to give up a 3rd rounder for Albert, not the second we asked for.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...econd-rounder/

I understand that. But at 2-14, this team has many needs. And we NEEDED that 2nd round pick we gave up for Smith.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I understand that. But at 2-14, this team has many needs. And we NEEDED that 2nd round pick we gave up for Smith.
    Now that would be great. You could have the pick of the QB's if we still had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    So why didn't Miami offer us the 12th and 42nd pick for our 1st? Surely we would have jumped on it.
    Uh, NO. I wouldn't have jumped on that. First, we still have an upset LT tackle wanting to be paid top 3 money that has not played out a full season and could still be hurt after the first full week of contact or sleeping ona dorm bed. We would need more value for Albert. I would rather keep Albert, Keep Fisher and keep Stephenson and play our best five offensive lineman. The can change positions.

As it is now, there is many talks that Arizon was hoping on Lane Johnson and after the rush of Ot taken. They may be willing to part with their 2nd for Albert.

Right now the Chiefs hold all the cards and I would rather keep Albert on the roster for at least one more year and tag him again next year than give him away just for Dolphins late second pick. If we trade Albert for their second, I would feel they raked the Chiefs over the coals. Time to stick it to them and let them find a different option for their LT issues.

Heading into the draft, there were quite a few teams who had LT on their "to do" list. 4 or 5 of those teams remain. Arizona, Miami, San Diego, Baltimore, and New Orleans are still going to be looking for a LT heading into the season. San Diego took Fluker in the first, but I don't see him being their franchise LT. The same can be said about Terron Armstead and the Saints. Baltimore may still have an in-house option, but I'm sure they'd like an upgrade at LT still. The Cardinals still have Levi Brown and will be dealing from a position of "lesser desperation." But they still would like an upgrade at the LT position and probably would've take a LT if one had fallen to them in the first. Miami is up a creek. They have no options at LT after the draft and will be the most desperate.

The Chiefs will have options if they still want to unload Albert. Hopefully, the new administration will strong-arm Albert into changing positions this season if he's still with the team. You didn't draft Fisher to be a RT and you don't want to put Fisher through what would essentially be two rookie seasons if he plays RT this season and then LT next season. I don't care how "down" you are about the Fisher pick, he absolutely represents an upgrade over Albert at the LT spot. After watching Fisher film over the last few days and watching him on my DVR at the combine, there are things he does that I've NEVER seen Albert do. The pure talent this kid as, not to mention his size is truly amazing. 6'6 320 with a frame that will allow him to put on another 20-30lbs at his peak is unreal when you consider how quickly he moves and how effortless his pass protection is. Over the years, we've seen Albert "get the job done" even though he seems to consistently be out of position and grasping at pass rushers because he took a false step. Fisher on the other hand is consistently dominant and always in a position of strength because he's able to put himself in the correct spot with speed and agility.

Fisher is the kind of LT we got use to seeing when Willie Roaf was here. He'll also be in Hawaii representing the Chiefs on an annual basis just like Roaf was.

^^Good analysis, TexasChief. The Chiefs franchise does NOT revolve around Albert or Eric Berry, as so many Chiefs fans seem to think. If Albert stays, he'll play where they tell him to, and the Chiefs have no obligation whatsoever to guarantee him a LT spot.

And the Miami Dolphins can go SUCK SOME FISHHEADS !!!
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-28-2013 at 02:56 PM.

I don't think Miami is the most desperate. They have Jon Martin that was serviceable as a fill-in LT last year. Some people think that they can get by with him and sign one of the FA right tackles. That having been said, they are the one team with the money and who have already expressed interest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12