Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins don't want to give up a 2nd

Default Dolphins don't want to give up a 2nd

Apparently the Dolphins want to give up a 3rd rounder for Albert, not the second we asked for.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...econd-rounder/

Then I say "good luck dolphins with that o-line". They will not find anyone like Albert for a second rounder. Hello Cardinals? tick..tick..tick

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Then I say "good luck dolphins with that o-line". They will not find anyone like Albert for a second rounder. Hello Cardinals? tick..tick..tick
    No Kidding. I hope the Dolphins are playing hard ball on this and really do not think that Albert is only worth a 3?

I say hell no either a 2nd or no.

yup if they think they are going to find a better left tackle even after pick 10 in this years draft they are high ............ like i stated in another post. there is huge value in if albert is a chief in 2013 and they draft one of the 2 top tackles. it would give us the best 0-line in the league that would make alex smith's all so important first year in this system a much more comfortable one. the success of this regime starts this year if you give him that o-line jamaal charles dwayne bowe and the defense does there part we could be sitting pretty.... a 3rd rounder what idiots we will probably get that for a comp pick next year. dont do it dorsey

I completely agree...I wouldnt even make the deal if it was not for the Dolphins first 2nd round pick...like it has been said they will not find another tackle that is as good as Albert when they pick at 12 in the first round. Also, it will cost them more to move up and get one of the top 3 tackles than just giving us their first 2nd round pick.

I also would not mind seeing Albert stay on the team and hopefully after he realizes no team will pay 8-9 million a year for him, he can come back to us and agree to a lesser contract and we can keep a great o-line together for the next 5+ years

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Agreed. Good news, Branden. You still have a shot for going someplace that's year round warm, and it's a dry heat. No alligators.

they said all talks are off until the first round is over

So why didn't Miami offer us the 12th and 42nd pick for our 1st? Surely we would have jumped on it.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    So why didn't Miami offer us the 12th and 42nd pick for our 1st? Surely we would have jumped on it.
    They may have, but we turned them down because we would have lost a shot at one of the top 3 OTs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast