Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253 LastLast

Thread: Offical Draft day thread

Default Offical Draft day thread

The draft is finally here. It's going to be a fun night to talk some football. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Its been a very exciting off season not counting the draft. I liked the Fisher pick, always have liked him over Luke Joeckel. The rest of the draft was near depressing for me. We should have got far more out of this draft. Even if you through in the second and count Alex smith, it still does not make sense. Alex is short term for us only. We pay 18 mil for two years. Any of these qbs could have been got for 20 percent of that. And to boot I'm sure there are several, (time will tell) that will be better then Alex Smith ever thought of being. I could be wrong but I dont think Fisher will be better in his prime then Albert was /is in his. Of course a qb that can pass will make a left tackle look better. The whole team look better actually.

That being said I think we are a better team then we were last year, but mostly because of the new coaching. I'm from Missouri and I'm i'm waiting for this team to "show me".

I just can't believe this is all we got from picking first or second in every round. I give us a D well maybe a C-.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Its been a very exciting off season not counting the draft. I liked the Fisher pick, always have liked him over Luke Joeckel. The rest of the draft was near depressing for me. We should have got far more out of this draft. Even if you through in the second and count Alex smith, it still does not make sense. Alex is short term for us only. We pay 18 mil for two years. Any of these qbs could have been got for 20 percent of that. And to boot I'm sure there are several, (time will tell) that will be better then Alex Smith ever thought of being. I could be wrong but I dont think Fisher will be better in his prime then Albert was /is in his. Of course a qb that can pass will make a left tackle look better. The whole team look better actually.

That being said I think we are a better team then we were last year, but mostly because of the new coaching. I'm from Missouri and I'm i'm waiting for this team to "show me".

I just can't believe this is all we got from picking first or second in every round. I give us a D well maybe a C-.

Mostly agree on everything except for the exciting offseason part.

...... I could be wrong but I dont think Fisher will be better in his prime then Albert was /is in his. .......
    HA HA !! That's about a joke. Albert is the most docile LT that's EVER played 3 or more years at the LT position for the Chiefs & by far and away the worst -- and it's not even close. If Fisher fulfills his potential, you're looking at an All-Pro caliber LT, which Albert has never been anywhere close to or ever will be. Why do you suppose that nobody wants to trade for Albert?
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-27-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    HA HA !! That's about a joke. Albert is the most docile LT that's EVER played 3 or more years at the LT position for the Chiefs & by far and away the worst -- and it's not even close. If Fisher fulfills his potential, you're looking at an All-Pro caliber LT, which Albert has never been anywhere close to or ever will be. Why do you suppose that nobody wants to trade for Albert?
    The reason they dont want to trade is because they will have to pay him top three money,(and no I dont think he is worth top 3 money, not even if he is healthy) and Albert wants too much long term. Plus we are asking a second.There is some questions on whether his back is healed.

A second is what we gave for A Smith and that hurts to sit back and watch 75 percent of the talent pass you by and there aint a darn thing you can do about. That sucks!

We paid, and gave up waaaay too much for A Smith. Alex played a lot of years with one of the worst OLs and has taken a huge beating.
    Last edited by 70 chiefsfan70; 04-27-2013 at 09:42 PM.

The reason they dont want to trade is because they will have to pay him top three money,(and no I dont think he is worth top 3 money, not even if he is healthy) and Albert wants too much long term. Plus we are asking a second.There is some questions on whether his back is healed.

A second is what we gave for A Smith and that hurts to sit back and watch 75 percent of the talent pass you by and there aint a darn thing you can do about. That sucks!

We paid, and gave up waaaay too much for A Smith. Alex played a lot of years with one of the worst OLs and has taken a huge beating.
    I'm am fully aware of why other teams don't want to trade for Albert.

It isn't just about what teams would have to pay Albert. If he'd had been allowed to hit Free Agency, he wouldn't have been offered 1/2 of what he's wanting. Plus, teams aren't willing to part with a 2nd round pick when they can easily draft a player of equal or better caliber in the top 2 rounds. Albert was given the Franchise tag for TRADE BAIT purposes & because if he walks after 2013, they'll get a compensatory pick for it, whereas if they had let him walk this year, they would not get a compensatory pick.

As for Alex Smith, what they gave up for him & what they're paying him, has yet to be determined. It could turn out to be a bargain. By contrast, spending the #5 overall pick in 2010 on a Safety and making him the highest paid Safety in NFL history, whereas they could have spent that pick on a stellar LT prospect who's become an All-Pro, now THAT was giving up and paying way too much. Both Berry and Albert are set to be paid a combined 20 million in 2013 & that right there is the two biggest pieces of deadwood eating up the Chiefs cap space.

This place is a waiste kfof time. Alex was a steal from what we got him for. He was 2 punt fumes away from being in the superbowl then was having a pro bowl year when he got injured. I saw him play and was impressed from what i seen. He had bad coacking the first coupke of years and look what hes done in the last two or three. Im not saying hes a tom brady or else we wohld have to trade every draft pick but for what we gave wasnt that bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    This place is a waiste kfof time. Alex was a steal from what we got him for. He was 2 punt fumes away from being in the superbowl then was having a pro bowl year when he got injured. I saw him play and was impressed from what i seen. He had bad coacking the first coupke of years and look what hes done in the last two or three. Im not saying hes a tom brady or else we wohld have to trade every draft pick but for what we gave wasnt that bad at all.
    This is what I keep trying to tell people when I keep saying "we don't know what's going to happen with Alex Smith in KC and what happened in SF is irrelevant" <---what part of that don't people get ???

Am I the only one who remembers Vinny Testaverde? He wasn't even considered a game manager in TB, he was considered more of a flop, but when he played for Baltimore and the New York Jets later on, he demonstrated excellence.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-27-2013 at 10:33 PM.

No one else finds it odd that we still have no second starting WR or CB but we have 2 starting calibur left tackles?

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    No one else finds it odd that we still have no second starting WR or CB but we have 2 starting calibur left tackles?
    ummmmmmmmmmmmm didn't we sign 2 cb and draft anther?

The wr thing has me worried 2 maybe they have some hope for Baldwin. This is his make or break year. Is the only thing I can think of
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    ummmmmmmmmmmmm didn't we sign 2 cb and draft anther?

The wr thing has me worried 2 maybe they have some hope for Baldwin. This is his make or break year. Is the only thing I can think of
    i like the donnie avery signing , and yes lets see how baldwin produces in an offense that is not choked out. and lets give wylie a chance this year to stay injury free