Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 197

Thread: Geno Crow

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default Geno Crow


    5 Not allowed!
    I'm eating it. Still rooting for the kid though. Not like he needed anymore motivation...
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  2. #91
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    UMMMMMMMMMMMM doesn't Flacco have Ray Rice. This is the problem with you. You go to EXTREMES to downgrade what Alex did and twist facts to make everyone else look so much better. Geno Smith had one of the best WRS in all college football last year yet you PRAISE him like he did it all alone. Seriously stop to be critical is one thing to go to the extremes to bash a guy is anther

    I am not twisting anything, last year Baltimore was more of a vertical offense, SF was not with Smith. Flacco averaged 33 attempts per game, Smith 21. I stand by my statement, Smith hid behind a successful running game and did not throw very much.

  3. #92
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,857
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    I am not twisting anything, last year Baltimore was pass heavy, SF was not with Smith.
    You twist things by making it sound like the QBS you bring up didn't have help. Flacco Didn't have Ray Rice, Torrey Smith,Boldin last year? The only 2 people I have ever heard you mention the talent around them are Cassel and Smith trying to make excuses for why they did well. You made it seem like the Giants got Eli "through the draft" they traded for him using draft picks we did the same for Smith did we get Smith through the draft? You want to compare Smith and Cassel's early numbers but not once have you acknowledged Cassel early in his career was in a much better postion. His first year he had One of the best coaches ever in Bill Belichick He had Randy Moss and Wes Welker to throw to. What did Smith have Mike Nolan coaching and Arnaz Battel to throw to. Tell me that's fair to compare. How convent for you to not mention those facts.
    ​BAN ROY


  4. #93
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,471
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 13

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    I am not twisting anything, last year Baltimore was more of a vertical offense, SF was not with Smith. Flacco averaged 33 attempts per game, Smith 21. I stand by my statement, Smith hid behind a successful running game and did not throw very much.
    funny how you throw the 104 qbr rating right out the window

  5. #94
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,857
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    funny how you throw the 104 qbr rating right out the window
    but yet Geno Smith flips the ball to the guy beside him who then runs for 60 yards and Geno's a can't miss qb lol
    ​BAN ROY


  6. #95
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    You twist things by making it sound like the QBS you bring up didn't have help. Flacco Didn't have Ray Rice, Torrey Smith,Boldin last year? The only 2 people I have ever heard you mention the talent around them are Cassel and Smith trying to make excuses for why they did well. You made it seem like the Giants got Eli "through the draft" they traded for him using draft picks we did the same for Smith did we get Smith through the draft? You want to compare Smith and Cassel's early numbers but not once have you acknowledged Cassel early in his career was in a much better postion. His first year he had One of the best coaches ever in Bill Belichick He had Randy Moss and Wes Welker to throw to. What did Smith have Mike Nolan coaching and Arnaz Battel to throw to. Tell me that's fair to compare. How convent for you to not mention those facts.

    Both SF and Balt have talent, yes. Why can't you explain why Alex Smith hid behind a good running game and only averaged 21 attempts per game? Baltimore went to more of a vertical offense last year. Why is this?

    I was talking about his 2012 year not when he was playing under Nolan or Singletary. Since everyone wants to ignore those years and focus on the Harbaugh years we can discuss those. We were talking about Alex Smith hiding behind a running game and didn't attempt a lot of passes last season, why did you start talking about everything else besides that?
    Last edited by MyManHali; 04-28-2013 at 08:40 PM.

  7. #96
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,857
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Both SF and Balt have talent, yes. Why can't you explain why Alex Smith hid behind a good running game and only averaged 21 attempts per game? Baltimore went to more of a vertical offense last year. Why is this?

    I was talking about his 2012 year not when he was playing under Nolan or Singletary. Since everyone wants to ignore those years and focus on the Harbaugh years we can discuss those. We were talking about Alex Smith hiding behind a running game and didn't attempt a lot of passes last season, why did you start talking about everything else besides that?
    So I guess Troy Aikman Hid behind Emmit Smith? GEEEE a team has a good RB and they used him. SHOCKER THERE

    You make it sound like they threw so much more with Kapernick he threw over 30 times twice 1 was a OT game so there were more snaps to take 1 they were down huge and had to throw to try to get back in it. So was Kapernick "hideing behind there running game"? Smith behind the same talent had a better QB rating then Kapernick 104 to 98 You have made it sound like Kapernick came in and was much better then Smith he wasn't

    LOL i show things you can't answer so you just ask why i brought it up

    But to answer your question I was showing how you twist facts about your opinions. You asked how you were twisting facts I showed you. You say that Smith only did well with a STACKED team. Well Flacco had a stacked team. Does he suck to? Facts twisted. You said The Giants got Eli through the draft they used draft picks to trade for him just like we did for Smith Facts twisted. You time and time again have said that Smith's and Cassel's numbers were simular but yet never mention how much better of a situation Cassel was in early then Smith Facts twisted. Unless you can tell me that Playing for Mike Nolan and having Arnaz Battel and Brandon Lloyd to throw to is as good as playing under Bill Belichick and throwing to Randy Moss and Wes Welker again FACTS TWISTED.
    ​BAN ROY


  8. #97
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,471
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 13

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    and with a qb rating of 104 means he made just about every pass atempt count what dont you get about that. smith knows how to keep the chains moving and get first downs. knows how to change plays up dependant on certain defenses. has anyone on here called him a drew brees or said he is a qb that puts up gotty numbers. further more look what brees did last year without proper coaching... quit your WHINING

  9. #98
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    funny how you throw the 104 qbr rating right out the window

    I have not ruled out any kind of rating, I have acknowledged that and that is why I admit he is a good game manager. He makes safe throws in the appropriate situations.

    His TD percentage is below average. His ability to throw down the field is below average. His pocket presence is terrible. He is sacked an ungodly amount of times, he sucks at converting third downs and he is hurt every 10 seconds.

    He's just an average quarterback and our gm just traded 2 possible second round picks or another third for him. He's average, accept it.

  10. #99
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    So I guess Troy Aikman Hid behind Emmit Smith? GEEEE a team has a good RB and they used him. SHOCKER THERE

    You make it sound like they threw so much more with Kapernick he threw over 30 times twice 1 was a OT game so there were more snaps to take 1 they were down huge and had to throw to try to get back in it. So was Kapernick "hideing behind there running game"? Smith behind the same talent had a better QB rating then Kapernick 104 to 98 You have made it sound like Kapernick came in and was much better then Smith he wasn't

    LOL i show things you can't answer so you just ask why i brought it up

    But to answer your question I was showing how you twist facts about your opinions. You asked how you were twisting facts I showed you. You say that Smith only did well with a STACKED team. Well Flacco had a stacked team. Does he suck to? Facts twisted. You said The Giants got Eli through the draft they used draft picks to trade for him just like we did for Smith Facts twisted. You time and time again have said that Smith's and Cassel's numbers were simular but yet never mention how much better of a situation Cassel was in early then Smith Facts twisted. Unless you can tell me that Playing for Mike Nolan and having Arnaz Battel and Brandon Lloyd to throw to is as good as playing under Bill Belichick and throwing to Randy Moss and Wes Welker again FACTS TWISTED.


    Kaepernick had 80 rushing attempts which means he ran the read option A TON.

    Ok let's ignore everyone else for a second and focus on Alex Smith. Smith has a stacked team as well, why doesn't he have more attempts? More yards? More touchdown passes? Better third down conversion percentage? Why does he have More sacks?

  11. #100
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,857
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Kaepernick had 80 rushing attempts which means he ran the read option A TON.

    Ok let's ignore everyone else for a second and focus on Alex Smith. Smith has a stacked team as well, why doesn't he have more attempts? More yards? More touchdown passes? Better third down conversion percentage? Why does he have More sacks?
    Don't you think if the niners didn't have a rb as good as Gore he would have throw more and put up bigger numbers . They have a good RB they use him. WHY IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND. It's like asking why we would use Charles HE'S GOOD. Just because a team has a good RB doesn't mean the QB sucks it means they have a good RB. It's not hard. Kapernick didn't throw any more then Smith did. He ran more but he's built more to run then Smith is. There're not the same type of QB. So was Kapernick "hideing behind the running game" No he and Gore were able to run the ball well and they did it. SHOCKER THERE
    ​BAN ROY


Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Collinsworth eats crow
    By Three7s in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 01:45 AM
  2. Now eating my Crow
    By wants to win in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-31-2010, 02:39 PM
  3. Fatlock ate him some crow
    By King_of_the_Cassel in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 02:09 AM
  4. Please let me eat crow this year!
    By carlfromcali in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-23-2007, 10:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •