Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Geno Crow

Default Geno Crow

I'm eating it. Still rooting for the kid though. Not like he needed anymore motivation...

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    I am not sure what makes Kaepernick a game manager to you. Kaepernick had 400 more yards more than Smith for the regular season and played in fewer games.
    Ummmm if by 400 you mean less then 100 sure you're right

Alex Smith 1737
    Kapernick 1814

That's 400? Ok I must have failed math class lol
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

The argument was about value was it not? There is no value for a RT in the number 1 pick. Geoff Schwartz was signed to be our starting RT, he's only allowed four pressures in 84 pass blocks.
    This is incorrect. Schwartz has said he prefers to play GUARD. And I'm sure Andy Reid saw both Chiefs Guards last year get flatbacked more than any other pair of Guards in the history of the game. Therefore, don't be surprised to see Schwartz starting at RG and don't be surprised to see Fisher starting at LEFT TACKLE.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Ummmm if by 400 you mean less then 100 sure you're right

Alex Smith 1737
    Kapernick 1814

That's 400? Ok I must have failed math class lol

Well, 360 yards. Include rushing yards as well.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    This is incorrect. Schwartz has said he prefers to play GUARD. And I'm sure Andy Reid saw both Chiefs Guards last year get flatbacked more than any other pair of Guards in the history of the game. Therefore, don't be surprised to see Schwartz starting at RG and don't be surprised to see Fisher starting at LEFT TACKLE.

He did play guard, but when we released Winston he was expected to step in at the RT position. He even said himself he could play tackle.

I highly doubt they move Branden Albert, but we are trading draft picks for game managers, CB for FB, Sean Smith starting at corner. Who in the hell knows.

Post draft you do have a point about Geno. However, atleast the number 1 pick would of fulfilled the most important position on the team, the quarterback position, not a RT.
    And don't you think there's a reason EVERYONE passed on these guys. The thing you have never been able to come to terms with is that this QB class was VERY WEAK. Other teams who needed a QB passed on them Multiple times. If there's not a QB there being worth the number 1 pick it would be stupid to pick that QB.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Well, 360 yards. Include rushing yards as well.
    I was talking passing numbers note I asked why he hide behind the running
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

He did play guard, but when we released Winston he was expected to step in at the RT position. He even said himself he could play tackle.

I highly doubt they move Branden Albert, but we are trading draft picks for game managers, CB for FB, Sean Smith starting at corner. Who in the hell knows.
    No, he wasn't expected to play RT. I don't recall that being said anywhere. And I don't doubt for a minute that they move Albert, as Fisher is the superior talent at the LT position for the long term.

Looks like the character concerns most of us had about Geno were warranted:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/01/criticism-of-geno-smith-mounts-after-the-draft/

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Looks like the character concerns most of us had about Geno were warranted:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/01/criticism-of-geno-smith-mounts-after-the-draft/
    The more I have seen from him the more I am glad we didn't take him. He might be the next Ryan leaf he has talent but when things go wrong he can't get over it and becomes a big baby.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    And don't you think there's a reason EVERYONE passed on these guys. The thing you have never been able to come to terms with is that this QB class was VERY WEAK. Other teams who needed a QB passed on them Multiple times. If there's not a QB there being worth the number 1 pick it would be stupid to pick that QB.

No, a stupid pick is drafting a non impact position with a top pick.