Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno Crow

Default Geno Crow

I'm eating it. Still rooting for the kid though. Not like he needed anymore motivation...

A lot of Super Bowl winning QB's came from the first round... but a lot of 1st round QB's have washed out of the NFL altogether. Taking a QB in the first round guarantees nothing. Those teams who succeeded in their first round QB gambles did so on elite QB's worthy of the pick. The Browns have proven the buckshot approach to 1st round QBs guarantees nothing.

Look at Rodgers, wasn't a draft And start the next day player. He was developed and when he was ready they gave him his shot

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    A lot of Super Bowl winning QB's came from the first round... but a lot of 1st round QB's have washed out of the NFL altogether. Taking a QB in the first round guarantees nothing. Those teams who succeeded in their first round QB gambles did so on elite QB's worthy of the pick. The Browns have proven the buckshot approach to 1st round QBs guarantees nothing.

It doesn't matter, the teams that fail to take a quarterback usually don't contend for titles.

If the franchise qb isn't in this years draft then fine, find a veteran that carries a minimum price tag that can start and be solid for a year but my god do not go out and blow high draft picks on someone who is injury prone and unproven to lead an offense.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    It doesn't matter, the teams that fail to take a quarterback usually don't contend for titles.

If the franchise qb isn't in this years draft then fine, find a veteran that carries a minimum price tag that can start and be solid for a year but my god do not go out and blow high draft picks on someone who is injury prone and unproven to lead an offense.
    And like Texas said the Browns have drafted QB after QB after QB with high draft picks going all the way back to Tim Couch how many titles have they contended for? Please answer this.

Meanwhile the Cardinals only contended for a QB that every one thought was done after his time with the Giants Kurt Warner.
    The Vikings Contended for a while with anther QB that people thought was done Brett Farve.
    Last year you went on and on about Denver contending because they got a QB ummmmmmm they didn't draft Manning
    We contended with Trent Green. If only we had a defense that could have stopped a highschool team we would have a great shot at a superbowl
    The bottom line is it doesn't Matter HOW you get a QB as long as you get the right QB Alex Smith COULD be that in Kc He might now that remains to be seen but this talk you keep putting out there that the only way to contend is by Drafting a QB is just not true Facts don't support it.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    And like Texas said the Browns have drafted QB after QB after QB with high draft picks going all the way back to Tim Couch how many titles have they contended for? Please answer this.

Meanwhile the Cardinals only contended for a QB that every one thought was done after his time with the Giants Kurt Warner.
    The Vikings Contended for a while with anther QB that people thought was done Brett Farve.
    Last year you went on and on about Denver contending because they got a QB ummmmmmm they didn't draft Manning
    We contended with Trent Green. If only we had a defense that could have stopped a highschool team we would have a great shot at a superbowl
    The bottom line is it doesn't Matter HOW you get a QB as long as you get the right QB Alex Smith COULD be that in Kc He might now that remains to be seen but this talk you keep putting out there that the only way to contend is by Drafting a QB is just not true Facts don't support it.

Although the Browns have failed atleast they have tried. With the exception of Brees you can't ignore the first round qbs (or ones that were acquired THROUGH the draft like Eli Manning) have been the ones that have won the super bowls in recent memory. True fans seem to be content with lackluster FA qb for the past 15 years that have resulted in 0 playoff wins.

When has Alex Smith ever thrown for 4000 yards in a season? When has he won the super bowl? When has he had a 30 td season? Hell, he hasn't even had a 3200 yard season or a 20 td year. Your comparisons for Alex Smith are absurd.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 04-27-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Although the Browns have failed atleast they have tried. With the exception of Brees you can't ignore the first round qbs (or ones that were acquired THROUGH the draft like Eli Manning) have been the ones that have won the super bowls in recent memory. True fans seem to be content with lackluster FA qb for the past 15 years that have resulted in 0 playoff wins.

When has Alex Smith ever thrown for 4000 yards in a season? When has he won the super bowl? When has he had a 30 td season? Hell, he hasn't even had a 3200 yard season or a 20 td year. Your comparisons for Alex Smith are absurd.
    What's absurd is you keep lieing about Eli. Eli was TRADED for using draft picks JUST LIKE ALEX SMITH. So did we get Smith Through the draft? Stop lieing

And again time after time you can't tell me what Smith is going to do with a NEW offense and a NEW HEAD COACH. Maybe now he will do the things you mentioned he's put up some good numbers the last couple of years. Your judgement of Alex Smith before he plays one down in KC is absurd
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Facts dont support it?

7 of the last 8 super bowl winners all had quarterbacks that were either drafted in the first round or were acquired like Eli Manning was.

That isn't enough for you?

What's absurd is you keep lieing about Eli. Eli was TRADED for using draft picks JUST LIKE ALEX SMITH. So did we get Smith Through the draft? Stop lieing

And again time after time you can't tell me what Smith is going to do with a NEW offense and a NEW HEAD COACH. Maybe now he will do the things you mentioned he's put up some good numbers the last couple of years. Your judgement of Alex Smith before he plays one down in KC is absurd

He was acquired through the draft in the first round. This wasn't an active qb in the nfl looking to go to a different team after 7 seasons. He was brought up in the Giants system. Similar to what I want to do for our quarterback.

All you ever tell me is we just have to wait and see. This is the SAME EXACT thing you said to me for the past 2 seasons. Just wait, we don't know what Cassel will do without Haley. Daboll could be the answer. Matt, you can honestly look at past performance and make a realistic assesment on what Alex Smith will do.

He will be a conservative qb who doesn't make mistakes but also doesn't throw for a lot of yards or touchdowns. Why? Because this is what he did with the last regime.

It's who he is.

He was acquired through the draft in the first round. This wasn't an active qb in the nfl looking to go to a different team after 7 seasons. He was brought up in the Giants system. Similar to what I want to do for our quarterback.

All you ever tell me is we just have to wait and see. This is the SAME EXACT thing you said to me for the past 2 seasons. Just wait, we don't know what Cassel will do without Haley. Daboll could be the answer. Matt, you can honestly look at past performance and make a realistic assesment on what Alex Smith will do.

He will be a conservative qb who doesn't make mistakes but also doesn't throw for a lot of yards or touchdowns. Why? Because this is what he did with the last regime.

It's who he is.
    You can say the Giants developed Eli that's true But they got him via trade that's fact.

Since when is it such a big task for a teams fans to give there team a chance? This is a brand new management. One that you were happy with until it became clear that they weren't going to do what you wanted and got a QB you didn't want. SO now you act like a spoiled child and whine constantly about it. Why? Just because they didn't do what you wanted doesn't mean they are doomed to fail. Maybe just maybe they know what they are doing. You may be right about Alex but there's nothing to say that you are at this point in time. I have listed hall of fame players who struggled under a system and then went to a new system and were back to being great. We saw what Alex Smith did in the systems of Mike Nolan,Mike Singletary and Jim Harbaugh under the first 2 he really struggled but so did every other QB that played for them. You have never been able to name me 1qb that played well under the first couple of coaches Alex Smith had. That should tell you something. Under Harbaugh Smith IMPROVED GREATLY. He has shown he can take a team to the playoffs and win. Andy Reid is known for his work with QBS. Alex Smith has never played for Reid Maybe just maybe Reid can get Smith to the next level you can't say it's not possible. You can have your doubts as I have mine. I don't think he's going to be great. But I think with our running game we won't need him to be as great as say a Aaron Rodgers is to the packers. But I think he can be a good QB who can get the job done. He has already proven he can take a team deep in the playoffs. Give him a little credit. He could take us far. He could fail completly it's just to soon to tell which is going to happen.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

You can say the Giants developed Eli that's true But they got him via trade that's fact.

Since when is it such a big task for a teams fans to give there team a chance? This is a brand new management. One that you were happy with until it became clear that they weren't going to do what you wanted and got a QB you didn't want. SO now you act like a spoiled child and whine constantly about it. Why? Just because they didn't do what you wanted doesn't mean they are doomed to fail. Maybe just maybe they know what they are doing. You may be right about Alex but there's nothing to say that you are at this point in time. I have listed hall of fame players who struggled under a system and then went to a new system and were back to being great. We saw what Alex Smith did in the systems of Mike Nolan,Mike Singletary and Jim Harbaugh under the first 2 he really struggled but so did every other QB that played for them. You have never been able to name me 1qb that played well under the first couple of coaches Alex Smith had. That should tell you something. Under Harbaugh Smith IMPROVED GREATLY. He has shown he can take a team to the playoffs and win. Andy Reid is known for his work with QBS. Alex Smith has never played for Reid Maybe just maybe Reid can get Smith to the next level you can't say it's not possible. You can have your doubts as I have mine. I don't think he's going to be great. But I think with our running game we won't need him to be as great as say a Aaron Rodgers is to the packers. But I think he can be a good QB who can get the job done. He has already proven he can take a team deep in the playoffs. Give him a little credit. He could take us far. He could fail completly it's just to soon to tell which is going to happen.

It's depressing because we are doomed with a qb who has not throw for yards or touchowns in his career. EVER. Although we don't know, facts indicate we are in the same boat we were with Cassel.

Either you think this is the guy for the team or you don't. For once take a stance, what side of the fence are you on?

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast