Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno Crow

Default Geno Crow

I'm eating it. Still rooting for the kid though. Not like he needed anymore motivation...

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    i don't know what 49ers "stacked" offensive unit you are talking about. They were a running team. Look at the receivers on his first couple teams. Stacked is an extraordinary stretch. This was the first year they had a decent unit. Now next year San Fran is stacked.
    THIS I mean Arnaz Battel? Really? That's stacked. That played a role in the stuggles of Alex Smith. Matt Cassels first year starting he had Randy Moss Wes Welker tell me that's fair to judge the two against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Subversion View Post
    Matthews, I understand why you defend Cassel but I think that it was his fault that he lost the team. Poor quarterback play and bad leadership, I wouldn't be giving it 100% either. Others played bad around him but when QB's have that issue, it kills morale.
    Cassel no doubt should have taken a lot of blame I myself blamed him alot for his struggles My defense was when the Defense sucks you can't say "if we had a qb we would have won" That D sucked big time in a number of games last year. Just go back and watch the Tampa game. Those same high passes that people said couldn't be caught were caught and ran to the house. Cassel was no doubt a big reason we struggled. But like I once said It's like going to the doctor you here you have a sprained ankle but you also have cancer. Cassel was the sprained Ankle he really limited our progress Couching was the cancer. To many ignored that last season and just blamed the QBS. It was not just the QBs. But the QBs do take there fair share of blame in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Subversion View Post
    I also have concern on how Smith utilizes his wideouts. He is good at throwing to his TE's (Vernon Davis) but isn't it strange how Crabtree emerged once Kaepernick took over? Just some food for thought.
    Crabtree did seem to get better with Kaepernick and that is a vaild concern but it also could have just been Crabtree being a young player who was starting to gel in the NFL we will see which this year.

As for the back and forth with My man like I have said it's more of how he goes about posting his messages then the content of his message. He has twisted facts and made his opinion sound like fact. Case in point the Eli thing He made it seem like the Giants drafted Eli they did not. He only has talked the negitive when it comes to Alex. And gone on and on about the great Geno Smith and how this team was so stupid for not taking him number 1 overall. And talked like he was clearly an upgrade from Alex Smith. Geno might very well play out to be better but there's nothing to say that he is already. I get the concern about Alex I just don't get the judgeing him as a Chief before he plays 1 snap
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I believe Alex was our best "win right now" qb. He is in his tenth year and has taken a ton of nasty hits. I dont see him being much inpact after two years with the chiefs.

Cassel and A Smith both played behind terrible OLs. The real difference is thru time Cassel lost all confidence and thru time A Smith gained all confidence. Alex is confindent and that is contagious and wins games.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I believe Alex was our best "win right now" qb.

THIS... THIS... AND SOME MORE OF THIS.

Bottom line is that the Chiefs went out and got the best QB available on this year's market. Complaining that the Chiefs didn't get a "franchise QB" is the same as complaining that about someone not bringing Champaign when all there was at the store was sparkling wine. Alex Smith may not fulfill all your QB dreams, but he was the best available QB heading into 2013. I'm glad our guys went out and got him and I'm ESPECIALLY glad they didn't buy into the Geno hype.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    I judged Alex by his numbers and past performance. He has been in the NFL for 7 seasons. That seems to indicate his ceiling. That isn't fair? Smith has ran the same offense Andy Reid runs and Geno is a rookie.
    smith ran the same offense that reid does for 2 years. guess what. he tore it up both years quit your whining

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    smith ran the same offense that reid does for 2 years. guess what. he tore it up both years quit your whining

You call averaging 196 yards per game and a 17 td year "tearing it up?"

no i call a qbr rating of 104 with 13 td's and 5 ints in 10 games tearing it up. let alone the checkdowns and smarts he has to put his football team in a position to win. get over it alex smith is a chief. if your a real chief fan you would at least give the guy a chance and watch the 2013 season playout before you get on the internet every day to complain about it. your persistant i will give you that. but every body said flacco could not win a championship look what happend.the bottomline is. a team will get you superbowls. to many fans try to compare the real game to fantasy football. put together a good team and good coaches get some continuity and bam back on top. chiefs are on there way

MyManHali - I am new to this site and have spent the last 45 minutes or so reading your post. I have come to this conclusions: 1. If you are married, your wife is looking for a way out. 2. You have been at the same job for 10 years and can't understand why you aren't being promoted and complain about your boss and company non-stop. 3. When Jamaal Charles runs for 197 yds. you can't believe he didn't get 200 and go into an analysis on where the break downs were offensively. 4. You won the Missouri Lottery and received an after tax check of 3.8 million and spent weeks telling your family and perceived friends that you can't believe you didn't win it 3 weeks previous when it was over $10 million. 5. You think you have a friends that you hang with, but actually, most of them say, "MyManHali is coming over, crap!". My comment to you, "lighten up Francis".

Quote Originally Posted by IowaChief View Post
    MyManHali - I am new to this site and have spent the last 45 minutes or so reading your post. I have come to this conclusions: 1. If you are married, your wife is looking for a way out. 2. You have been at the same job for 10 years and can't understand why you aren't being promoted and complain about your boss and company non-stop. 3. When Jamaal Charles runs for 197 yds. you can't believe he didn't get 200 and go into an analysis on where the break downs were offensively. 4. You won the Missouri Lottery and received an after tax check of 3.8 million and spent weeks telling your family and perceived friends that you can't believe you didn't win it 3 weeks previous when it was over $10 million. 5. You think you have a friends that you hang with, but actually, most of them say, "MyManHali is coming over, crap!". My comment to you, "lighten up Francis".

lol, excellent post.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    no i call a qbr rating of 104 with 13 td's and 5 ints in 10 games tearing it up. let alone the checkdowns and smarts he has to put his football team in a position to win. get over it alex smith is a chief. if your a real chief fan you would at least give the guy a chance and watch the 2013 season playout before you get on the internet every day to complain about it. your persistant i will give you that. but every body said flacco could not win a championship look what happend.the bottomline is. a team will get you superbowls. to many fans try to compare the real game to fantasy football. put together a good team and good coaches get some continuity and bam back on top. chiefs are on there way

I consider his 1.5 seasons productive but in no way did he "tear it up." Alex smith has had one 300 yard passing game in 1.5 seasons, flacco has had 5 just this past year. It's easy to look good when you hide behind an elite running game and don't throw the ball.

I consider his 1.5 seasons productive but in no way did he "tear it up." Alex smith has had one 300 yard passing game in 1.5 seasons, flacco has had 5 just this past year. It's easy to look good when you hide behind an elite running game and don't throw the ball.

UMMMMMMMMMMMM doesn't Flacco have Ray Rice. This is the problem with you. You go to EXTREMES to downgrade what Alex did and twist facts to make everyone else look so much better. Geno Smith had one of the best WRS in all college football last year yet you PRAISE him like he did it all alone. Seriously stop to be critical is one thing to go to the extremes to bash a guy is anther
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast