Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
Results 191 to 197 of 197

Thread: Geno Crow

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default Geno Crow


    5 Not allowed!
    I'm eating it. Still rooting for the kid though. Not like he needed anymore motivation...
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  2. #191
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    No. I don't think the Fisher pick was dependent on an expectation of an Albert trade. From day one this administration said they were taking the best player available, regardless of position. When drafting #1 overall, you take the best player on the board. You're going to have a hard time convincing anyone that Fisher/Joekel weren't the best players in this year's draft. How you could consider ANY franchise "stuck" when they're in the position the Chiefs are in is baffling to me.

    Even if Fisher plays on the right side this season, it's a mistake to think that's his longterm position with this franchise.
    Because we could of filled positions we do not currently have. We have Alex Smith as our qb. We could of traded down, it wouldn't of taken very much, we were fielding offers to trade down, that is a fact and the rumor is it was a second round pick. Let's say we trade with Zona, I would have taken Austin at 1.7 and Jonathan Banks at corner with our second round pick, perhaps even traded up to get Darius Slay. I now have addressed 2 positions with playmakers.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 05-02-2013 at 03:41 AM.

  3. #192
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,462
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 656
    Given: 814

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Because we could of filled positions we do not currently have. We have Alex Smith as our qb. We could of traded down, it wouldn't of taken very much, we were fielding offers to trade down, that is a fact and the rumor is it was a second round pick. Let's say we trade with Zona, I would have taken Austin at 1.7 and Jonathan Banks at corner with our second round pick, perhaps even traded up to get Darius Slay. I now have addressed 2 positions with playmakers and on top of that I still have my second or third round pick of 2014.
    And still have the same sh!tty O-Line that didn't get better by adding any players with All-Pro potential. NO THANKS !!

  4. #193
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Because we could of filled positions we do not currently have. Since Smith is our qb, we could of traded down with AZ, it wouldn't of taken very much, we were fielding offers to trade down, that is a fact and the rumor is it was a second round pick. I would have taken Austin at 1.7 and Banks at corner. I have addressed 2 positions with playmakers and on top of that I still have my second or third round pick of 2014.

    You have no guarantees that Albert returns in 2014 (so then what?) and he's not worth top 5 LT money. CB was already addressed during free agency whether you like to admit it or not. Hell, they just traded away a CB. CB is not a position of need. (I'm not arguing that point any further with you.)

    WRs take a few years to develop fully. It's too early to make a ruling on Baldwin (although, admittedly, it's not looking good). They just signed a career #2 WR in Avery while retaining Bowe. Austin would've taken the slot role anyway, which doesn't make sense since Reid is in love with DMC's potential in this offensive system. Reid wanted DMC when the Chiefs drafted him. There's very little difference between the two players and what they offer this offense in Reid's system.

    We get a 2nd round pick in 2013, but where is the 2014 pick coming from?

  5. #194
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    And still have the same sh!tty O-Line that didn't get better by adding any players with All-Pro potential. NO THANKS !!
    Austin doesn't have all pro potential? Slay/banks don't either? I think you're smoking crack.

  6. #195
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,413
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 66

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    The Draft is over. New Chief's players are drafted. They are Chiefs!, when they sign. This thread is done. IMO. Start talking about Chiefs, and not those who are not!
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 05-02-2013 at 03:55 AM.

  7. #196
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    You have no guarantees that Albert returns in 2014 (so then what?) and he's not worth top 5 LT money. CB was already addressed during free agency whether you like to admit it or not. Hell, they just traded away a CB. CB is not a position of need. (I'm not arguing that point any further with you.)

    WRs take a few years to develop fully. It's too early to make a ruling on Baldwin (although, admittedly, it's not looking good). They just signed a career #2 WR in Avery while retaining Bowe. Austin would've taken the slot role anyway, which doesn't make sense since Reid is in love with DMC's potential in this offensive system. Reid wanted DMC when the Chiefs drafted him. There's very little difference between the two players and what they offer this offense in Reid's system.

    We get a 2nd round pick in 2013, but where is the 2014 pick coming from?
    We won't argue about it but Sean Smith was one of the worst starting corners last year. That is a fact. Why we would sign him is beyond comprehension. Corner is a position of need, so is WR. Please give up on Baldwin, he's terrible. The 2014 second/third doesn't exist, I didn't mean to put that in there. It's edited.

  8. #197
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,299
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

    Default


    2 Not allowed!
    This thread has taken on a life of its own. Amazing verbal smackdown with no end in sight. Thanks for not making personal attacks, but rather just defending your position.


Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Similar Threads

  1. Collinsworth eats crow
    By Three7s in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 02:45 AM
  2. Now eating my Crow
    By wants to win in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-31-2010, 03:39 PM
  3. Fatlock ate him some crow
    By King_of_the_Cassel in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 03:09 AM
  4. Please let me eat crow this year!
    By carlfromcali in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-23-2007, 11:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •