Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Geno Crow

Default Geno Crow

I'm eating it. Still rooting for the kid though. Not like he needed anymore motivation...

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    What makes the qb 50/50 and the offensive lineman a sure thing?
    I was saying that this years QB was weak At best they were 50/50 if they thought any QB could be the guy. There was NO STAND OUT in the draft at QB at all.

The OT spot however by the fact that so many were drafted so early made them have a higher thought that player could be someone to come in and help I never said it was a sure thing. I just said they had more hope for the OTs in this draft then the QBS.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Texas Chief and MatthewsChiefs, I want your expectations of Alex Smith this season. I want to know what to expect from him and if he doesn't meet those expectations, I expect disapproval from both of you. Go.
    You'll get that disapproval from me if he doesn't get the job done. I just won't bash him before he has played 1 down for the Chiefs like you have
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Because Fisher is better? Just because Albert is a proven commodity doesn't mean the Chiefs can't upgrade at that position. You put the best player at the most important position. You don't spend 3000 draft points on a RT when you already have Stephenson in the fold who could man that position at or above an average NFL level. Albert's stance has to be resolute if he wants to land the contract he's asking for. If he says he'll play RT or OG, his value diminishes. If he signs longterm with the Chiefs, he'll being doing so with the understanding that there's a very good likelihood that he'll be moved.

NFL players are professional players. A guy can say anything he wants about where he plays, but the bottom line is that he's doing this for a paycheck. He's supporting his family. If he wants to get paid, he'll play at the highest possible level he can wherever the coaching staff places him. If he pouts and throws a tantrum, he lowers his value. If he doesn't perform at the best of his ability, he lowers his value. If he becomes a locker room distraction, he lowers his value. If he refuses to play, he doesn't get paid AND lowers his value. All of those things will diminish his chances at signing the contract he wants as a free agent in 2014. However, like I said, if he signs longterm, he'll be doing so understanding his position is no longer on the left side.
    We don't know this, the guy hasn't even played a snap. Don't you think they wanted to draft Fisher with the intention of trading Albert? Now they are stuck. You're more likely to play a player that has experience playing a position, which is why I think Fisher will go to RT. If this is the case which I think it is, that is a HUGE blunder by this regime.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    You'll get that disapproval from me if he doesn't get the job done. I just won't bash him before he has played 1 down for the Chiefs like you have
    Past performance is a good indicator for the future.

We need to have a prediction thread and make it a sticky. That way at the end of the year we can compare notes, it would be fun.

Texas Chief and MatthewsChiefs, I want your expectations of Alex Smith this season. I want to know what to expect from him and if he doesn't meet those expectations, I expect disapproval from both of you. Go.

400 ATT 65%COMP 3000yds 7.5ypc 25TDs 6INTs 90+RAT

I think that's a pretty reasonable line to expect from Alex in Reid's system. Not sure how having Jamaal Charles and a potentially dominating, road grating O-line will affect that line, but assuming he's healthy and comparing his past with Reid's expectations at the QB position, I think the above line is absolutely a reasonable expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    400 ATT 65%COMP 3000yds 7.5ypc 25TDs 6INTs 90+RAT

I think that's a pretty reasonable line to expect from Alex in Reid's system. Not sure how having Jamaal Charles and a potentially dominating, road grating O-line will affect that line, but assuming he's healthy and comparing his past with Reid's expectations at the QB position, I think the above line is absolutely a reasonable expectation.
    7.5 YPC is low, do you mean YPA? Don't you think 187 ypg is weak? How are we going to beat teams that can put up points on the board?

We don't know this, the guy hasn't even played a snap. Don't you think they wanted to draft Fisher with the intention of trading Albert? Now they are stuck. You're more likely to play a player that has experience playing a position, which is why I think Fisher will go to RT. If this is the case which I think it is, that is a HUGE blunder by this regime.
    No. I don't think the Fisher pick was dependent on an expectation of an Albert trade. From day one this administration said they were taking the best player available, regardless of position. When drafting #1 overall, you take the best player on the board. You're going to have a hard time convincing anyone that Fisher/Joekel weren't the best players in this year's draft. How you could consider ANY franchise "stuck" when they're in the position the Chiefs are in is baffling to me.

Even if Fisher plays on the right side this season, it's a mistake to think that's his longterm position with this franchise.

Past performance is a good indicator for the future.
    True but we have no past performance for Smith under Andy Reid can't judge what hasn't happened yet
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

7.5 YPC is low, do you mean YPA? Don't you think 187 ypg is weak? How are we going to beat teams that can put up points on the board?
    yards per completion is what my abbreviation stood for.

That's only 4 fewer attempts and 55 fewer yards per game than what Donovan did during their Super Bowl run in 2004. Westbrook didn't even have a 1000 yard rushing season that year.

You prevent the other team from scoring with a defense that has multiple 1st round picks and pro bowlers, a good secondary, and a solid pass rush. You keep possession of the ball by having a dominating run game and not turning over the ball (which makes having a "game manager" essential to this offense).