Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Travis Kelce, Welcome to KC!

Default Travis Kelce, Welcome to KC!

Our 1st 3rd round pick is Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinatti.

Looks like Alex Smith has gotten his Vernon Davis.

Gronk comps are nice.

Surprised we took a TE. Story of the draft is how far QB's are sliding. Who would have guessed Barkley who could have been a lottery pick last year, now falls into possible 4th rd.

I was hoping we would take a TE as soon as we could, they are important in Reid's offense

he was suspended a year for smoking pot. sure hope this is behind him
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    I was hoping we would take a TE as soon as we could, they are important in Reid's offense
    For me, I just don't get it. We brought in Fasano. We already had Moeaki. We hadn't picked in two rounds. There had to be better players available at bigger positions of need than a TE. I hope I'm wrong, but to me this was a big head scratcher. Grab a TE for depth in the 6th or 7th.

Take a look at the guys that were taken in the 3rd round alone after Kelce was selected.
    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/4/2...hieu-cardinals
    Last edited by Coach; 04-28-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Surprised we took a TE. Story of the draft is how far QB's are sliding. Who would have guessed Barkley who could have been a lottery pick last year, now falls into possible 4th rd.

"lottery pick?" lol

For me, I just don't get it. We brought in Fasano. We already had Moeaki. We hadn't picked in two rounds. There had to be better players available at bigger positions of need than a TE. I hope I'm wrong, but to me this was a big head scratcher. Grab a TE for depth in the 6th or 7th.

Take a look at the guys that were take in the 3rd round alone after Kelce was selected.
    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/4/2...hieu-cardinals
    Again, if you take this administration at their word of drafting "bpa" instead of trying to fill holes, it actually makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    "lottery pick?" lol

Again, if you take this administration at their word of drafting "bpa" instead of trying to fill holes, it actually makes sense.
    So you think Kelce is better than all of the players that were taken later that round?

So you think Kelce is better than all of the players that were taken later that round?

Doesn't matter what I think. What matters is what THEIR board says. There were evaluations out there that thought Kelce was the best TE in the draft, talent wise. If the Chiefs don't care about the off the field BS that probably made him fall, then why not pull the trigger? This is a head coach that signed Mike Vick. Character issues don't seem to bother this guy. If the talent is there, take the guy. I hadn't even heard of the guy coming into the draft, so I don't really have an opinion on the pick as far as value is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Doesn't matter what I think. What matters is what THEIR board says. There were evaluations out there that thought Kelce was the best TE in the draft, talent wise. If the Chiefs don't care about the off the field BS that probably made him fall, then why not pull the trigger? This is a head coach that signed Mike Vick. Character issues don't seem to bother this guy. If the talent is there, take the guy. I hadn't even heard of the guy coming into the draft, so I don't really have an opinion on the pick as far as value is concerned.
    Just noticed your postbit. Didn't realize that you've been here since 2005. #oldtimer! Thanks for your contributions!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast