Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Travis Kelce, Welcome to KC!

Default Travis Kelce, Welcome to KC!

Our 1st 3rd round pick is Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinatti.

Looks like Alex Smith has gotten his Vernon Davis.

Kelce was rated on Mike Mayocks top 100 board right where the Chiefs selected him. Moeaki is just not dependable & the missed 2011 season really set him back. Plus Kelce runs a 4.64 40 at 6-5 and 255lbs and he has way higher upside that Moeaki did coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    For me, I just don't get it. We brought in Fasano. We already had Moeaki. We hadn't picked in two rounds. There had to be better players available at bigger positions of need than a TE. I hope I'm wrong, but to me this was a big head scratcher. Grab a TE for depth in the 6th or 7th.

Take a look at the guys that were taken in the 3rd round alone after Kelce was selected.
    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/4/2...hieu-cardinals
    I think it make perfect sense. The Chiefs under Reid are going to a West Coast offense. As some people on here have posted over and over again. Alex Smith only completes short yard passes. The Chiefs are going to a dink and dunk offense. They are going to come with a big man blocking scheme, and then dump off to Tight ends, or running backs in the back field.

Moeaki is not the best blocking TE, and with is injuries could be looking at a ticket out of KC. Fasano and Kelce are great blockers. The Chiefs also drafted the best blocking Full back. The Chiefs will through basically the same package out there on all three downs. Are they running or passing.

How much of Reid's failures would you put on him being in the league so long people just figured him out? Wouldn't you think it would be genious of him to come out the gate with a solid run game? We got all the talent on that forefront that we need

If Kelce would have been picked as high as 10 slots above where the Chiefs got him, by a team in need of a TE, nobody would have questioned it or called it a reach.

Kelce brings a mean, "can do" attitude to the Chiefs Offense that badly needs it. Go watch some footage of him and you will see that he's not only an excellent receiver, but he can turn into a 255 lbs. of stampeding fury once he gets a head of steam. He can catch the ball deep down the middle of the field.

The problem with Pioli's drafts is every one of them had the word DOCILE written all over them. Fisher and Kelce will be the exact opposite -- MEAN & FIERCE -- and you can bank on that.

If anyone has any doubts about Kelce's blocking ability, then I highly suggest you watch this video and turn the sound OFF. He just stomps opposing defenders like beer cans. If he shows this form once he get's on board with the Chiefs, then I predict he will move Moeaki out of the way very quickly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=gUj5zK06orY#

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    If anyone has any doubts about Kelce's blocking ability, then I highly suggest you watch this video and turn the sound OFF. He just stomps opposing defenders like beer cans. If he shows this form once he get's on board with the Chiefs, then I predict he will move Moeaki out of the way very quickly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=gUj5zK06orY#
    I like how when he gets locked up on someone most of the time that person is watching the play from his backside he looks like he likes to block.

Kelce+DiMarco+Jamaal=fun
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

The biggest thing I knoticed about him. He catches everythig with his hands just as Tony G did. I have seen him adjust to balls thrown behind him by putting both hands the ball instead of one hand tipping it up. He does appear to be decent at blocking, but he does like to go at peoples knees a bunch.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123