Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs open to keeping Branden Albert – SBNation.com

Default Chiefs open to keeping Branden Albert – SBNation.com

Branden Albert might not be traded after all. Andy Reid and the Kansas City Chiefs are open to the idea of keeping Albert in 2013, rather than trading him, according to The Kansas City Star. via Chiefs open to keeping Branden Albert – SBNation.com.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/04/26...nd-travis.html
    Last edited by Coach; 04-29-2013 at 10:53 PM.

Would Albert report? I would have no interest of Fisher playing anything other than LT

I saw no such article appear on the Kansas City Star, anywhere.

Well it's obvious that Albert is pretty unwilling to bend on his contract negotiation another thought is he lives in Miami maybe he didn't pass his physical and the chiefs are waiting for him to be able to do so. I know I take flack for this, if he's not healthy, move his big butt to left guard and let JC get 2500 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I saw no such article appear on the Kansas City Star, anywhere.
    http://www.kansascity.com/2013/04/26...nd-travis.html

All that said is the Chiefs were stuck with him because nobody wanted him, for the moment, as far as giving up 2013 draft picks.

That could change as training camp approaches. We'll know when OTA's start, if Albert isn't there. If he does return, they can kick him inside to Guard where he should have been playing all along, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Well it's obvious that Albert is pretty unwilling to bend on his contract negotiation another thought is he lives in Miami maybe he didn't pass his physical and the chiefs are waiting for him to be able to do so. I know I take flack for this, if he's not healthy, move his big butt to left guard and let JC get 2500 yards.
    You won't get any flack from me. I agree wholeheartedly whether he's healthy or not. Guard is where he should have been playing right from the get-go.

My ideal starting O-Line would be this:

Fisher-Albert-Hudson-Schwartz-Allen/Stephenson
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-29-2013 at 11:08 PM.

All that said is the Chiefs were stuck with him because nobody wanted him, for the moment, as far as giving up 2013 draft picks.
    This is the excerpt:
    Unless the Chiefs lower their asking price for Albert or accept a future draft pick, Albert is destined to remain in Kansas City.“He’s a good football player and can help our team out,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid said.
    Albert, the Chiefs’ franchise player, recently signed a one-year contract worth $9.83 million but has not participated in the team’s offseason conditioning program. He was absent for last week’s mini-camp.
    Reid said the Chiefs would welcome Albert back if he opted to return.
    “It’s part of the game and players go through this,” Reid said. “Branden Albert is a good kid. We’ll see how things work out as we continue on.”
    Reid indicated the Chiefs may continue to try to trade Albert or at least listen to any offers they might receive. But Reid wasn’t optimistic the Chiefs would be able to deal him to Miami or elsewhere.

^^I saw that & I saw the interview with Reid. That's all assuming they're stuck with him & can't trade him before the season. The reality is, they will NOT welcome him back at the money that Albert is wanting or welcome him back to a long-term deal in 2013. He's already gone after 2013.

My ideal starting O-Line would be this:

Fisher-Albert-Hudson-Schwartz-Allen/Stephenson
    Interesting that you have Schwartz starting over Asamoah.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Interesting that you have Schwartz starting over Asamoah.
    It's because I have seen Asamoah literally get ran over & knocked over backwards repeatedly since his very first play in the Atlanta pre-season game in 2010. Go watch the Buffalo game last year, and watch Alex Carrington do that very same thing to him & sack and strip Cassel in that game. Asamoah isn't all that good and Schwartz is bigger & more experienced than Asamoah.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast