Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible trading partners for Branden Albert

Default Possible trading partners for Branden Albert

At this point it seems unlikely that the Chiefs would trade Branden Albert for a 2014 draft pick. But a player for player trade is still a real possibility. We still need to move Albert because of his salary. I don't think we have enough cap space to even sign our draftees right now. So who are some teams that need LT help that could deal a player. I know Miami is trying to deal Davone Bess, but I say tell Miami to go "F" themselves. I'm wondering if there isn't a team that needs a LT, that may have an OG or ILB that has a deal expiring that would make a good trade partner.

Any ideas?

San Diego, Arizona, New Orleans, Miami, and Baltimore are all teams who I think could have interest in Albert. San Diego and Miami are going to be the most desperate, imo.

I think for any trade to be made Albert is going to have to lower his price it seems to be high for more then just us.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

At this point it seems unlikely that the Chiefs would trade Branden Albert for a 2014 draft pick. But a player for player trade is still a real possibility. We still need to move Albert because of his salary. I don't think we have enough cap space to even sign our draftees right now. So who are some teams that need LT help that could deal a player. I know Miami is trying to deal Davone Bess, but I say tell Miami to go "F" themselves. I'm wondering if there isn't a team that needs a LT, that may have an OG or ILB that has a deal expiring that would make a good trade partner.

Any ideas?
    I think Bess was already traded during the draft.

The problem as I see it is that I doubt there is a team out there who'll want to pay him what he'll be getting from the Chiefs this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    The problem as I see it is that I doubt there is a team out there who'll want to pay him what he'll be getting from the Chiefs this year.
    Got that right. None of the other 31 teams view him as a top-10 LT. The previous regimes did a huge disservice to him by not plugging him into one of the Guard spots right from the get-go, as he was a Guard in high school and college and probably would have been an All Pro at the position, instead of a project LT. He'd probably have multiple Pro Bowls under his belt & also already have been signed to a nice multi-year contract one or two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    San Diego, Arizona, New Orleans, Miami, and Baltimore are all teams who I think could have interest in Albert. San Diego and Miami are going to be the most desperate, imo.
    No dealings with Chargers please....
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Got that right. None of the other 31 teams view him as a top-10 LT. The previous regimes did a huge disservice to him by not plugging him into one of the Guard spots right from the get-go, as he was a Guard in high school and college and probably would have been an All Pro at the position, instead of a project LT. He'd probably have multiple Pro Bowls under his belt & also already have been signed to a nice multi-year contract one or two years ago.
    Absolutely agree! I was among Haley's most staunch defenders, but in hind sight I see the damage he and
    Pioli did to this team in spite of the 2010 AFC West Championship. I also maintain that the revolving door to the OCs office had much to do with the Chiefs ineffectiveness offensively.

I'm all for keeping him at this point. Give Alex all the time in the world to throw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I'm all for keeping him at this point. Give Alex all the time in the world to throw.
    Two problems with keeping Albert. The 9.8 cap space he's taking up & his reluctance to play another position and participate in voluntary activities.

He'd have been best served to keep silent during this whole process. Instead, he's alienated a great many & that could include some of his teammates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast