Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Rd Pick Arkansas RB Knile Davis

Default 3rd Rd Pick Arkansas RB Knile Davis

I don't follow college football very closely so I don't much about Knile Davis other the injury and fumble concerns I've read about since drafting him. As I read somewhere else, you can teach a guy how protect the ball, but you can't teach a guy how to be fast. As I watch his tape what I am most impressed with is his acceleration/burst. He is typically at full speed bu his 3rd step. He could be a great 3rd and short back if he can pass block. Check out his video and let me know what you guys think.

Out side of Fisher I like Davis best from all the picks. The kid has petential for a huge upside.

i really like this pick. he will probably be used to spell JC, the offense won't miss a beat. he has some durability issues so 8-10 touches a game should net 50+yds. fast and shifty, just the way we likem
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

I don't dislike this pick, but I like it the least. His injury history has me concerned. Also, his fumbling has me slightly concerned, although that is something that can be taught. I don't see him getting much playing time behind JC and DMC (unless DMC is going to only be a WR this year). That having been said, it doesn't hurt to have a JC clone on the roster. You never know when your RB can get injured.

great video, hopefully he can put an end to his fumbling issue. him and charles would be a dangerous 1-2 punch

The vid says it all about why they drafted him at #96. I had some questions about the pick, but that vid answered those questions. Crossing fingers he can get his form back that you see in the vid & hang onto the ball. Especially with Fisher blocking for him, he can be dynamic.

If he had stayed healthy his entire collegiate career, he would've been a top 10 pick overall. Undoubtedly the best RB in this class when you take away the negatives... and that includes Lattimore. 3 broken ankles and 2 broken collarbones is scary. Probably not worth a 3rd round pick, but he probably wasn't going to last much longer as Philly had their eye on him in the 4th and were shocked to see him go.

From what I heard, there was a running joke through the 4th round about drafting a player and then flipping him for someone else. Apparently, the Eagles jumped the Chiefs in the first round thinking the Chiefs were targeting Barkley. They were going to flip Barkley for Davis. I was told (and this has been reported by media at the press conference) that the Chiefs had no intention of taking Barkley and now the Eagles are stuck with a QB they don't want. After the phone call from Philly about the possible trade, guys in the Chiefs war room were laughing and making jokes throughout the next round or so.

The kid looks great to me!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    From what I heard, there was a running joke through the 4th round about drafting a player and then flipping him for someone else. Apparently, the Eagles jumped the Chiefs in the first round thinking the Chiefs were targeting Barkley. They were going to flip Barkley for Davis. I was told (and this has been reported by media at the press conference) that the Chiefs had no intention of taking Barkley and now the Eagles are stuck with a QB they don't want. After the phone call from Philly about the possible trade, guys in the Chiefs war room were laughing and making jokes throughout the next round or so.
    That's an interesting thought I hadn't heard of. I'd make the Foles trade though. You wonder if the Eagles didn't want a 3rd round pick for Foles earlier this spring. When the Chiefs rebuffed the offer and then took a player the Eagles were targeting, the draft war started. Lots of speculation here, but either way the big loser here is Matt Barkley. Now he's buried as a 3rd string option when he would've been a 1st rd pick last year or potentially this year if he had not gotten injured.

The Chiefs drafted this kid on his upside. IF and that is a big IF, they can keep him healthy and fix his fumbling issues. They got a steal. He had a major ankle injury a couple years ago, and was out last year with a Bad Hammie pull.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast