Thread: Webnews: 2013 NFL draft grades: Chiefs, Rams, Ravens top class |

Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

Default Webnews: 2013 NFL draft grades: Chiefs, Rams, Ravens top class |

0 Not allowed!

Kansas City Chiefs: Hard to argue with OT Eric Fisher at the top. RB Knile Davis could assume the battering ram role behind Jamaal Charles. Grade: A-

via 2013 NFL draft grades: Chiefs, Rams, Ravens top class | The Clarion-Ledger | clarionledger.com.
    Last edited by Coach; 04-29-2013 at 10:53 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 544
    Given: 746

0 Not allowed!
    I give this draft class an A+, primarily because Pioli didn't contaminate it in any way with his grubby tentacles.

I did notice that Pioli was projecting Joeckel to KC before the draft & that right there was enough to make me lean a little bit more towards Fisher.

Plus, Fisher was the better athlete, possessed much more of a mean streak, was more of a road-grater in the running game, and he seems to be much more hungry than Joeckel.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 69

1 Not allowed!
    Weird because on all the other sites chiefs got a c average

Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 3

1 Not allowed!
    Draft Grades are a waste of peoples time. Some media guy is upset a team didn't take his advice so they grade them down. Pioli's second draft the year they took Eric Berry was considered one of the best the Chiefs have done. They drafted nothing but team captains and high profile players. That draft is basically a bust right now.

the Chiefs addressed positions of concern with maybe the exception of D line. The Chiefs also signed a ton of players in Free agency. I actually think they will have to make cuts before camp to reach the 80 player limit.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
    C-.....D

Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 0

2 Not allowed!
    i just typed out an complete analysis of all of our piks and lost it when i hit "post" and im not typin it all over again. let me just say if you look real close at what we have done in FA and the players we drafted keep in mind why we probably drafted each one, then u should be really happy. we added that nasty plant u in the turf attitude to the offens w/fisher, kelce, wilson. we added the best blockin TE since dunn, the best FB since T Rich, a JC clone who only needs to carry the ball 8-10 times a game to give JC a rest, a big run stuffing upgrade on D and more secondary depth as well as an upgrade in nickle. improved pass protection w LT TE FB, versatility on the O line especially at center and guard. even got a good pass catching TE w speed and good hands
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Thumbs Up
    Received: 544
    Given: 746

0 Not allowed!
    chiefnut hit it right on the head & so did seek. As I said in another thread, Pioli's drafts had the word DOCILE written all over them, especially that one in 2010. This draft, by Dorsey/Reid, has MEAN & FIERCE WRITTEN all over it & brought guys with the attitudes of "stomp the opposition into the ground".

Even the 7th round pick, Mike Catapano, the Ive League man from Princeton, brings freakish athletic ability & might surprise people and provide a viable backup to Hali and Houston right away.

Time will tell, and of course, we'll have to see how it plays out in the actual games, but I like this draft class far better than any of Pioli's.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    It's obv pretty useless to grade drafts right after they happened, it really does take years to really know. However, since I watch A LOT of college ball, I don't think KC had anywhere near the top draft class this year even at such a premature time to grade such a thing. Honestly that's more of an indictment to what awesome jobs SF, Cards, Rams, Ravens, etc. all did.

Chiefs took some risks and took guys that have potential to be big stars down the road. Davis, when healthy, reminds me a lot of Priest Holmes in that even though he's taller than Priest, he's very compact for his frame and has an incredible burst and some sweet open field ability. There were obv more heralded backs on the board, but Chiefs took a risk at taking the higher upside, which I like, since we already have one of the best RBs in the league.

Nico Johnson isn't an exciting pick but he was a solid solid contributor on Alabama's GOAT defenses and I can definitely see him starting alongside DJ right away. He just does his job and does it well!

Fisher is a better fit for what the Chiefs want to accomplish than Joeckel IMO. CMU competition is concerning, but his Senior Bowl performance puts that doubt somewhat to rest, he was a beast.

Sanders Commings is big, tough and SEC, nuff said. Seeing as to how we still might need safety help, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they drafted him with the intention of moving him over to S, as he is big enough for it and has the mentality for it as well.

Kelce is another big potential pick, as he was a really great all-around TE and his blocking skills will have him competing for the starting job right away. It doesn't hurt that he's pretty fast and can catch as well, had off the field issues but that's the only reason he fell to the third, as his talent should've gotten him drafted even earlier IMO.

All in all, it's a draft with potential to field pro bowlers in the future, and at the very least dependable starters. I'll give it a B, for creativity since they decided to go with guys that were probably ranked a little lower on other team's boards but I trust Dorsey's eye for talent, Packers have always been elite at finding gems in the draft and he was no doubt a huge reason for that.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 22

0 Not allowed!
    Hated the Knile Davis pick, hope they got the right guy in Fisher, love the Kelce pick, excited for the small schoolers (Kush/Catapano), and hoping Sanders Commings can become a free safety. Kendrick Lewis can't tackle to save his life and is pretty meh in coverage.

Nico Johnson was a need based pick, but could be a solid 2-down thumper at ILB.

Now we wait and see how they pan out.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
    I still agree with most that we earned a D to C-