Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Cardinals get Arenas to complete Sherman trade

Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Cardinals get Arenas to complete Sherman trade

0 Not allowed!
    By Darin Gantt
    The Chiefs have finalized their trade for a fullback the Cardinals didn’t need, by passing along a cornerback they didn’t need. According to Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic, the Chiefs will be sending cornerback Javier Arenas to the desert in exchange for fullback Richard Sherman. The Cardinals don’t really have a need for a… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah I don't get this move at all.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 544
    Given: 747

0 Not allowed!
    Headscratcher. Arenas was a decent nickle back. Unless, Menzi has showed that he's ready to go & they like Jalil Brown better, would be the only logical explanation. Pioli did overdraft Arenas at #50, so we can thank him for this.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

0 Not allowed!
    This kills our secondary depth, imo. Even if you went Flowers and Smith 1-2, you'd put Dunta at NCB, Berry and Lewis/Commings at safety, there's nothing behind them. Abdullah, Brown, Hartman, Menzie, and Thorpe round out the secondary depth. If one of those CBs goes down, the Chiefs could be in trouble.

From the outside looking in, this just isn't a smart move imo.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 74

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    This kills our secondary depth, imo. Even if you went Flowers and Smith 1-2, you'd put Dunta at NCB, Berry and Lewis/Commings at safety, there's nothing behind them. Abdullah, Brown, Hartman, Menzie, and Thorpe round out the secondary depth. If one of those CBs goes down, the Chiefs could be in trouble.

From the outside looking in, this just isn't a smart move imo.
    I agree I am not understanding this trade at all. I just don't see what we really gained for it but we will see how it plays out.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    GOATzalez-----Arenas-----Some Fullback. This is where we're headed?? Sickening.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    meh whatever

Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!
    I really have no idea what the intention was here. I mean, Arenus was no superstar, but for a FB? Seriously?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 22

0 Not allowed!
    The Chiefs were 13-deep in the secondary with 8 cornerbacks before this trade. Reid's offense has always heavily relied on the FB position, so getting Sherman is an upgrade at that position.

It's clear that Dorsey and Reid value big CBs, and so does the rest of the league as of late. They brought in Sean Smith (6'3"), have Jalil Brown (6'1"), drafted Commings (6'0"), Menzie (6'0"), and Neiko Thorpe (6'2").

Arenas is 5'9" and honestly, always underwhelmed me as a returner. I always watch football with a buddy of mine and back in 2010 I would always say "Arenas is gonna run this one back." He never has, and so now I still say it before every return just kind of as a running joke.

As far as Abdullah, I'm excited for him. He was hurt all of last year, but I honestly think he could be an upgrade over Kendrick Lewis. You want to talk about sure tackler? Abdullah is that. Lewis is not. I was just checking out ProFootballFocus and Lewis had 25 tackles last year and missed 10!!! Terrible. Abdullah in his last full season (2011) had 49 tackles with only 4 missed. I think everyone is going to like Abdullah once the season gets here.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 16

0 Not allowed!
    I dont see the good in this trade, but I was a big fan of Javi, especially in college, but he has not lived up to my expectations.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 129

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    The Chiefs were 13-deep in the secondary with 8 cornerbacks before this trade. Reid's offense has always heavily relied on the FB position, so getting Sherman is an upgrade at that position.

It's clear that Dorsey and Reid value big CBs, and so does the rest of the league as of late. They brought in Sean Smith (6'3"), have Jalil Brown (6'1"), drafted Commings (6'0"), Menzie (6'0"), and Neiko Thorpe (6'2").

Arenas is 5'9" and honestly, always underwhelmed me as a returner. I always watch football with a buddy of mine and back in 2010 I would always say "Arenas is gonna run this one back." He never has, and so now I still say it before every return just kind of as a running joke.

As far as Abdullah, I'm excited for him. He was hurt all of last year, but I honestly think he could be an upgrade over Kendrick Lewis. You want to talk about sure tackler? Abdullah is that. Lewis is not. I was just checking out ProFootballFocus and Lewis had 25 tackles last year and missed 10!!! Terrible. Abdullah in his last full season (2011) had 49 tackles with only 4 missed. I think everyone is going to like Abdullah once the season gets here.
    Abdullah took the year off to go on a pilgrimage to Mecca. He may have had an injury also (if so, i am unaware what it was) that he was rehabbing from.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast