Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Discussion

Default NFL Discussion

As much as I love to talk about the Chiefs, sometimes they are not doing much to warrant a discussion, so I thought a NFL thread would be great. Coach, if you feel this doesn't belond here, then go ahead and move it or lock it up. Use this thread for other teams/players news and other game discussions.

So Rodgers just got paid, do you think Andrew Luck, RGIII or Russel Wilson will break that number when their contract talk comes up (or Kaep)

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    So Rodgers just got paid, do you think Andrew Luck, RGIII or Russel Wilson will break that number when their contract talk comes up (or Kaep)
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Yes.
    Will they ever limit the amount a player can be paid you think?

Also what are your guys thoughts on the Redskins changing their name, does it need to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Will they ever limit the amount a player can be paid you think?
    I doubt this ever happens. I'm sure that the NFLPA would never agree to something like that.

Supposedly there was a new poll out that people would be willing to accept a change of name to the Redtails (as in a redtail hawk). It would let them keep the feathers on their logo, as well as their team colors, but be more PC.

Im kinda torn on it. I think it is insulting. I mean, you wouldnt allow a team to be called the LA wetbacks, San Fran Chinks, Georgia N-words, etc and it is pretty much the same thing. That having been said, I dont think redskin is actually used as a slur against Native Americans anymore (then again I am not connected to the Native American community). I wouldnt be opposed to a change, and I think it is just a matter of time for when it will happen.

I also dont think this has any implications on the Chiefs. Chiefs is a title in Native American culture, it isnt an insult, so I would think we would be ok. This argument came up in my high school (The Braves) and it got shot down because of the fact that a brave was honorable (As long as we didnt have a mascot that made an idiot of himself dressed in native american garb).

I know the team/NFL/ apparel companies do not want the change because it would come at a huge cost of re-designing logos, merchandise, discarded of already manufactured merchandise, etc.

Default The STRONGHOLD

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Supposedly there was a new poll out that people would be willing to accept a change of name to the Redtails (as in a redtail hawk). It would let them keep the feathers on their logo, as well as their team colors, but be more PC.

Im kinda torn on it. I think it is insulting. I mean, you wouldnt allow a team to be called the LA wetbacks, San Fran Chinks, Georgia N-words, etc and it is pretty much the same thing. That having been said, I dont think redskin is actually used as a slur against Native Americans anymore (then again I am not connected to the Native American community). I wouldnt be opposed to a change, and I think it is just a matter of time for when it will happen.

I also dont think this has any implications on the Chiefs. Chiefs is a title in Native American culture, it isnt an insult, so I would think we would be ok. This argument came up in my high school (The Braves) and it got shot down because of the fact that a brave was honorable (As long as we didnt have a mascot that made an idiot of himself dressed in native american garb).

I know the team/NFL/ apparel companies do not want the change because it would come at a huge cost of re-designing logos, merchandise, discarded of already manufactured merchandise, etc.
    I think they should change it to the Washington Americans, and keep the logo and colors.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post

Redskins is not used as a slur here in montana ( i will not state what people do use). I was okay with the name, but i do see where people are coming from with the name being bad. North Dakota just made the Fighting Sioux change their name, and i don't see a problem with that name, but i'm white and have not walked a mile in native american shoes.

Also, I think the ATL Braves are not allowed to use the screaming indian logo anymore

Quote Originally Posted by SBV_Eagle_Bull View Post
    I think they should change it to the Washington Americans, and keep the logo and colors.
    First time I read that I thought, how could you keep the logo and colors, wouldn't it make more sense to change it to red white and blue. Then I realized that you meant it that way, since Native Americans are the ORIGINAL Americans (hence the native part, duh). Ironically, I know a lot of ignorant and bigoted people (none of them i consider friends) who would have a sh!t fit if they did that. Then again I like pissing them off, so I'm all for it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast