Thread: Webnews: Reid says Albert will play left tackle, Fisher will play

Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Reid says Albert will play left tackle, Fisher will play

0 Not allowed!
    By Mike Florio
    The first overall pick in the 2013 NFL draft apparently will play right tackle to start his NFL career. That’s what Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Thursday, given the collapse of talks regarding a possible trade of left tackle Branden Albert. “Well, yeah, thatís right,” Reid told Bruce Murray and Rich Gannon of SiriusXM NFL… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 140

0 Not allowed!
    Well, we have an answer to that question. The question remains, though, whether this is all smoke and mirrors to drum up Alberts value, or legitimate planning. Either way I would be satisfied.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 605
    Given: 788

0 Not allowed!
    They aren't getting a 2nd round pick out of anybody. That opportunity has already came and gone. Nor does this preclude the strong possibility of Fisher beating Albert out for the LT position.

The only thing I can think of is that if they leave Albert at LT in 2013, it increases their chance of getting a higher compensatory pick if he walks after the 2013 season. I can't see putting the franchise tag on him two years in a row. I could see them getting rid one particular player eating up 10 mil in cap space and MAYBE signing him to a long-term deal, if he has an All-Pro caliber year ( which I doubt ).

I'll also bet money that if Reid were to hold an open competition for the LT job between Albert & Fisher, that Fisher would win the job -- HANDS DOWN !!
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 05-02-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!
    waste of Fisher's talent to play RT, and a waste of a year of his developpment

Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

1 Not allowed!
    It was obvious that Reid would do this, let Fisher demonstrate that he can play at NFL level, beat Albert next. Can Albert play every game in 2013? I doubt. First chance he has, Fisher must show that he's worth the first pick.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Thumbs Up
    Given: 16

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    They aren't getting a 2nd round pick out of anybody. That opportunity has already came and gone. Nor does this preclude the strong possibility of Fisher beating Albert out for the LT position.

The only thing I can think of is that if they leave Albert at LT in 2013, it increases their chance of getting a higher compensatory pick if he walks after the 2013 season. I can't see putting the franchise tag on him two years in a row. I could see them getting rid one particular player eating up 10 mil in cap space and MAYBE signing him to a long-term deal, if he has an All-Pro caliber year ( which I doubt ).

I'll also bet money that if Reid were to hold an open competition for the LT job between Albert & Fisher, that Fisher would win the job -- HANDS DOWN !!
    I highly doubt that Fisher could beat out Albert in a true open competion, not until midway or more into the season. You trash on Albert but hes a lot better then you give him credit for. His numbers are really good. He truely has been in the top ten even with the leagues most worthless qb. (meaning we were a run only threat) With a real qb he would get the credit he deserves.

Fisher may be elite in his prime, but today he is a rookie.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 440

0 Not allowed!
    It's my understanding that Fisher is proficient just about anywhere on the O-Line.

Thumbs Up
    Given: 16

0 Not allowed!
    There is no such thing as having to much "man" at any single position on the front line. I even think it would be good to start Fisher on the RT spot, he could gain a lot of confidence. But of course Reid will make that call and I support him.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 605
    Given: 788

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I highly doubt that Fisher could beat out Albert in a true open competion, not until midway or more into the season. You trash on Albert but hes a lot better then you give him credit for. His numbers are really good. He truely has been in the top ten even with the leagues most worthless qb. (meaning we were a run only threat) With a real qb he would get the credit he deserves.

Fisher may be elite in his prime, but today he is a rookie.
    No, I tell it like it is about him & call it like I really see it via the overhead camara -- which you clearly aren't doing. If he were really top-10, them some team out there would have traded a 2nd rounder for him, but there were no takers. Nor was he in the top-10 regarding numbers or anything in 2012. He wasn't even top 3 in the AFC West when Gaither was healthy in SD.

The QB's that the Chiefs have had, have nothing to do with Albert's blocking skills. That's a copout.

Fisher being a rookie doesn't mean squat. Look at the top Tackle drafted in 2012, Matt Kalil. Kalil rightfully earned a Pro Bowl berth & Fisher has very much the exact same physical ability & blocking skills as Kalil. Look also at who Kalil practiced against daily to get ready for the 2012 season -- Jared Allen. Fisher would go through that same process practicing every day against Hali and Houston & would most likely be ready for opening day in 2013, just as Kalil was last year.

You don't have a clue about what the hell you're talking about & if you keep urinating on your own head and telling yourself it's raining, then you're going to wind up being prematurely bald-headed like your twin brother, Pioli.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!
    It'll be interesting to see what happens if Albert ends up signing long term.