Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: If Chiefs go 8-8, they owe 49ers a second

Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: If Chiefs go 8-8, they owe 49ers a second

1 Not allowed!
    By Darin Gantt
    The 49ers used Kansas City’s second-round pick this year to add another pick in the third round next year. And depending on how the Chiefs play, it could net the 49ers yet another second-rounder next year. Peter King of Sports Illustrated has filled in the blanks on the conditional 2014 pick the Chiefs owe the… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 473
    Given: 688

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Well I hope so, but we shouldn't be investing our future in developing an undrafted player.
    Says who? His being undrafted was not because of his inability to play QB, it was because of off the field concerns. What round did the Chiefs draft HOF QB Len Dawson in? They didn't, they signed him as a FA after Dawson sat on the bench for 5 years in Pittsburgh and Cleveland.

John Unitas was undrafted. The best ever QB, Joe Montana wasn't drafted until round 3. Kurt Warner wasn't drafted at all. Tom Brady wasn't drafted until round 6.

Not sure where people are getting the mindset that "the higher a QB is drafted, the better that QB will be in the NFL", because history has repeatedly proven that to be false.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 335
    Given: 72

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Says who? His being undrafted was not because of his inability to play QB, it was because of off the field concerns. What round did the Chiefs draft HOF QB Len Dawson in? They didn't, they signed him as a FA after Dawson sat on the bench for 5 years in Pittsburgh and Cleveland.

John Unitas was undrafted. The best ever QB, Joe Montana wasn't drafted until round 3. Kurt Warner wasn't drafted at all. Tom Brady wasn't drafted until round 6.

Not sure where people are getting the mindset that "the higher a QB is drafted, the better that QB will be in the NFL", because history has repeatedly proven that to be false.
    But but you can't possibly win a superbowl without drafting a qb. That can't possibly be correct LOL

Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 108

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The d gave up drives of
    2 80 yards for tds
    69 yards for field goal
    51 yards for anther field goal

Yep outstanding play there. But you're right it was all because of Cassel in LA LA Land

but anyway that again is just beating a dead horse and has nothing to do with Smith
    well to be fair, Cassels 70 yards did not really move the ball down so when you are punting from your endzone (i forgot that game, drank myself into a comma that day.....and the day before lol) it doesn't really go well for your D.

80 yard TD drives, yes the D could be to blame, but when did the D give those up after a couple 3 and outs by KC and D stayed on the field too long. Then you look at the field goals, D did their job somewhat and held them to field goals. Jamal had a fumble in the game that really ended things as well.

But after last years hype by the media (and some fans) i'm really not expecting much from this team (6-10). If they do better, AWESOME!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 108

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post

Just a reason

And yes i know a bunch of bust come out of the first round, this is just a picture i see when people talk about drafting a first round QB
    Last edited by doobs_05; 05-13-2013 at 01:47 PM.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    well to be fair, Cassels 70 yards did not really move the ball down so when you are punting from your endzone (i forgot that game, drank myself into a comma that day.....and the day before lol) it doesn't really go well for your D.

80 yard TD drives, yes the D could be to blame, but when did the D give those up after a couple 3 and outs by KC and D stayed on the field too long. Then you look at the field goals, D did their job somewhat and held them to field goals. Jamal had a fumble in the game that really ended things as well.

But after last years hype by the media (and some fans) i'm really not expecting much from this team (6-10). If they do better, AWESOME!
    I 100% agree Cassel was a good part of the reason that game was lost. He didn't play well at all. Myman as always put it 100% on Cassel like he always does with QBs not named Geno. I was just saying there were more players that didn't play well and that it happens alot in sports a team doesn't do well in there 1st playoff game. I forgot the fumble Jamal had that can also go into it. And Bowe pretty much no showed that game. The D played Ok for a while but a while doesn't mean they played well the whole game. The offense hurt them some and they should get some break for that but not 100% excused for it. My whole point was that the whole team played bad throughout that game not just 1 guy like Myman likes to talk about and go on and on about. It's a team game. There's hardly ever a game that you can put on 1 player.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

1 Not allowed!
    Beer
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 14

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post

Just a reason

And yes i know a bunch of bust come out of the first round, this is just a picture i see when people talk about drafting a first round QB
    Looks like we need to give all our QB's the number 12.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Beer
    Root beer

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Looks like we need to give all our QB's the number 12.
    We did that for Brodie LOL

Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 14

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    We did that for Brodie LOL
    Well, there goes that theory

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast