Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Webnews: If Chiefs go 8-8, they owe 49ers a second

Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: If Chiefs go 8-8, they owe 49ers a second

1 Not allowed!
    By Darin Gantt
    The 49ers used Kansas City’s second-round pick this year to add another pick in the third round next year. And depending on how the Chiefs play, it could net the 49ers yet another second-rounder next year. Peter King of Sports Illustrated has filled in the blanks on the conditional 2014 pick the Chiefs owe the… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

0 Not allowed!
    I can't even comprehend us picking mid round without a second round pick next year. We will be stuck for life, but here is to Dorsey for setting the bar so high, 8-8!

A first pick in the entire draft, an entirely new quarterback that you traded 2 picks to get, new starting corner/WR. This team better do a lot better than 8-8 or this trade for Alex Smith will be atleast 2x worse than Cassel.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

2 Not allowed!
    Honestly I'm amazed that this was negotiated. Alex Smith is a good QB, but lets all admit the 49ers were going to release him if they didn't get a trade partner. There were 2-3 potential suitors (by the rumor mill) but I can't see the 49ers trading Smith in the division, so Arizona wasn't likely a serious contender, and based on the price I know why Minnesota was suddenly "happy" with Ponder. Basically I'm shocked that the 49ers got more than a 3rd round pick...but potentially (most likely) 2 second rounders....just WOW.

I'm sorry guys, and I hope that Smith leads you to 11 or 12 wins, a playoff appearance and a successful season...but hell your team may be better long-term with a 7-9 performance this year where they move forward, but not enough to lose that 2nd round pick.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 24

0 Not allowed!
    Well Smith brings experience along with a lot to the table. Hope he can break the 8-8 Chiefs record in 2013!
    ​Skies of October!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 77

1 Not allowed!
    We got Tyler Bray for no draft picks everyone get over yourselves and quit whining lets just pretend we took Tyler with our second, there we drafted a quarterback in the 2nd

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    I was shocked to find out about this... I came here, honestly, to see if there were meltdowns of epic proportions but you guys seem to be doing okay.

I hope you guys make 8-8 or better!
    Die hard 49ers fan! I have no ill-will towards the Chiefs, and would love to see you guys represent the AFC West in the playoffs. Beat the Raiders and Broncos!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 38

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmatag View Post
    I was shocked to find out about this... I came here, honestly, to see if there were meltdowns of epic proportions but you guys seem to be doing okay.

I hope you guys make 8-8 or better!
    It is what it is, if Smith falls flat the meltdown will come, for now just having the stooges that started at QB here last year gone and a chance at a decent starter is tough to be too mad about. Lots of variables to be determined.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 607
    Given: 788

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    We got Tyler Bray for no draft picks everyone get over yourselves and quit whining lets just pretend we took Tyler with our second, there we drafted a quarterback in the 2nd
    That's good enough for me. If Chiefs fans in general possess any common sense & logic, they'll be pulling for Bray to stick and become the QBOTF. Does anybody remember the LB Burfict going undrafted last year & then working his way into the Bengals starting lineup & playing pretty well. Not saying that Bray will become a starter as fast as Burfict did, BTW.

The point is Bray can throw that football as well as ANY QB that they could have drafted & the scenario is PERFECT for him in KC, and perfect from the Chiefs standpoint that they didn't spend a draft pick to get him & can take time and develop him and let him mature and grow.

But, I suppose that in spite of what I just pointed out, & in spite of my having pointed out countless times that the Chiefs have a ZERO success rate when it comes to drafting QB's since 1970, there will still be individuals with the mindset of "the Chiefs have to draft & develop their own QB" <---that is pure, absolute BS .

Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 77

0 Not allowed!
    Here's something to think about... Maybe we've had the QBOTF before. Maybe we never had the coach who can teach him how to get to that level properly.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 78

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    I can't even comprehend us picking mid round without a second round pick next year. We will be stuck for life, but here is to Dorsey for setting the bar so high, 8-8!

A first pick in the entire draft, an entirely new quarterback that you traded 2 picks to get, new starting corner/WR. This team better do a lot better than 8-8 or this trade for Alex Smith will be atleast 2x worse than Cassel.
    8-8 from 2-14 is a pretty good turnaround

Heres the thing The smith Trade can't only be judged by what he does this next year. It will be judged on how Smith does during his whole time in KC. If we go 7-9 or 8-8 this year then improve again to say 11-5 and a playoff win or better then the trade will be worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Here's something to think about... Maybe we've had the QBOTF before. Maybe we never had the coach who can teach him how to get to that level properly.
    Agree 100%. I really think the Brodie was killed off any chance at all when he came in and had Herm Edwards as the head coach. Not saying that he would have ever became the QBOTF but the fact that Herm was his first head coach pretty much killed any chance he had of becoming that no matter how small that chance was. I think there are worse QBs who have won a game I at least think he would have gotten a win if he actually had a decent coach from the start.
    ​BAN ROY

Thumbs Up
    Received: 607
    Given: 788

0 Not allowed!
    Let's be honest here. If somebody had posted anywhere on the web prior to the draft:

"Tyler Bray is going to go undrafted" -- how many of us would have really believed it?

Yeah, that's just what I thought......ZERO. None of us would have believed it.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast