Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Webnews: If Chiefs go 8-8, they owe 49ers a second

Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: If Chiefs go 8-8, they owe 49ers a second

1 Not allowed!
    By Darin Gantt
    The 49ers used Kansas City’s second-round pick this year to add another pick in the third round next year. And depending on how the Chiefs play, it could net the 49ers yet another second-rounder next year. Peter King of Sports Illustrated has filled in the blanks on the conditional 2014 pick the Chiefs owe the… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 18

0 Not allowed!
    Let's hope Bray is the next Tony Romo! (100% serious)
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 2

1 Not allowed!
    Romo is sooo. Frikin over rated!!@@ almost as much as that a hole at chargers.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmatag View Post
    I was shocked to find out about this... I came here, honestly, to see if there were meltdowns of epic proportions but you guys seem to be doing okay.

I hope you guys make 8-8 or better!

THIS! The board should be livid about the 8-8 goal. The team with Alex Smith won't have a high ceiling after his first year, it is a WIN NOW move and if we don't win now this team is in serious trouble. Smith has 2 years left on his deal, if he doesn't play well this year we won't extend his contract and the trade will be a bust.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    Romo is sooo. Frikin over rated!!@@ almost as much as that a hole at chargers.

Romo could be a top 3 qb in the league easy if he didn't make so many dumb mistakes.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    8-8 from 2-14 is a pretty good turnaround

Heres the thing The smith Trade can't only be judged by what he does this next year. It will be judged on how Smith does during his whole time in KC. If we go 7-9 or 8-8 this year then improve again to say 11-5 and a playoff win or better then the trade will be worth it.

Agree 100%. I really think the Brodie was killed off any chance at all when he came in and had Herm Edwards as the head coach. Not saying that he would have ever became the QBOTF but the fact that Herm was his first head coach pretty much killed any chance he had of becoming that no matter how small that chance was. I think there are worse QBs who have won a game I at least think he would have gotten a win if he actually had a decent coach from the start.

He only has 2 years left on his deal, if he doesn't play well this year he likely will be gone. No franchise likes it when a player goes into his last year without a deal. However, this fan base gives quarterbacks all of the time in the world. Quarterbacks for KC need the same OC for atleast 2 consecutive years, a perfect offensive line and for the team to be injury free, atleast that's what I learned when Matt Cassel was behind center.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 332
    Given: 71

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    He only has 2 years left on his deal, if he doesn't play well this year he likely will be gone. No franchise likes it when a player goes into his last year without a deal. However, this fan base gives quarterbacks all of the time in the world. Quarterbacks for KC need the same OC for atleast 2 consecutive years, a perfect offensive line and for the team to be injury free, atleast that's what I learned when Matt Cassel was behind center.
    This fan base doesn't bash a guy before he plays 1 down for them because he's not the guy they wanted like you do.

The oc thing is a factor a new OC brings changes to the offense. Just when the QB is learning 1 offense boom you have to learn a new one. Just think if every few months at your job it changed constantly. Think that might make the job harder?

NO one has ever said that the O line has to be perfect. But when they fail some of us say they failed and don't blame the QB who they are suppose to be protecting. We saw this past season guys hitting the QB before he could finish a 3 step drop. That's not the QBs fault. We saw a 2 game run where they gave up 10 sacks. THAT'S NOT THE QBS FAULT. Yes every o line gives up sacks throughout the year. But when you go the rate ours was at times. That DOES PLAY A FACTOR TO. Are there some sacks you can put on the QB sure. But there were way to many that the QB never had a chance. Unlike you and some others some of us think when that happens and some other things we saw like Poor d, Wr tipping balls to defenders ECT that it's not all on the QB. It won't all be on Smith when it happens to him. Just hopefully with a real coaching staff these things don't happen as much. When we see the poor QB play and things above i just mentioned you have to put it on poor coaching because it's the whole team playing bad not just 1 guy.

I expect Smith in the preseason to struggle some. At least at the start. He's going to be going into his 1st game action with a brand new team and a brand new offense there will be some growing pains. I won't hit the panic button then. But will if it hasn't gotten any better by the end of the preseason then I will certainly be sure to have the panic button close. I don't see him being cut if he does have a down year.Guys go into the last year of there deal all the time.
    Last edited by matthewschiefs; 05-12-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 38

1 Not allowed!
    IMO if we are hoping this season is a magical turn-around I think we are setting ourselves up for disappointment. All new coaches, half the roster is new and we just flat sucked last year. The "easier" early games I'm guessing this team will still be meshing and the later games of the season look pretty brutal in May. I don't want to see Smith extended until he proves something, but I believe 2014 is the make or break year for this team. Pioli fd us pretty hard and there is too much change for me to believe its all going to be beautiful. 6-10, 7-9 seems reasonable. 2-14 to 7-9 to a 10+ win season and a playoff game in three years more likely.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    IMO if we are hoping this season is a magical turn-around I think we are setting ourselves up for disappointment. All new coaches, half the roster is new and we just flat sucked last year. The "easier" early games I'm guessing this team will still be meshing and the later games of the season look pretty brutal in May. I don't want to see Smith extended until he proves something, but I believe 2014 is the make or break year for this team. Pioli fd us pretty hard and there is too much change for me to believe its all going to be beautiful. 6-10, 7-9 seems reasonable. 2-14 to 7-9 to a 10+ win season and a playoff game in three years more likely.

I think Sean Smith will be another Stanford Routt but overall our d should be solid, we have a great running game. The only thing we really need is good qb play, a qb that can command an offense makes up for a lot of what a team lacks, ultimately our win/loss will be up to Alex Smith.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    This fan base doesn't bash a guy before he plays 1 down for them because he's not the guy they wanted like you do.

The oc thing is a factor a new OC brings changes to the offense. Just when the QB is learning 1 offense boom you have to learn a new one. Just think if every few months at your job it changed constantly. Think that might make the job harder?

NO one has ever said that the O line has to be perfect. But when they fail some of us say they failed and don't blame the QB who they are suppose to be protecting. We saw this past season guys hitting the QB before he could finish a 3 step drop. That's not the QBs fault. We saw a 2 game run where they gave up 10 sacks. THAT'S NOT THE QBS FAULT. Yes every o line gives up sacks throughout the year. But when you go the rate ours was at times. That DOES PLAY A FACTOR TO. Are there some sacks you can put on the QB sure. But there were way to many that the QB never had a chance. Unlike you and some others some of us think when that happens and some other things we saw like Poor d, Wr tipping balls to defenders ECT that it's not all on the QB. It won't all be on Smith when it happens to him. Just hopefully with a real coaching staff these things don't happen as much. When we see the poor QB play and things above i just mentioned you have to put it on poor coaching because it's the whole team playing bad not just 1 guy.

I expect Smith in the preseason to struggle some. At least at the start. He's going to be going into his 1st game action with a brand new team and a brand new offense there will be some growing pains. I won't hit the panic button then. But will if it hasn't gotten any better by the end of the preseason then I will certainly be sure to have the panic button close. I don't see him being cut if he does have a down year.Guys go into the last year of there deal all the time.

You should have realized Cassel was a disaster after that 2010 playoff game. If Smith performs the same over the course of this season, I expect you to be the first on the line demanding him to be cut or benched.

We'll see.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 332
    Given: 71

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    You should have realized Cassel was a disaster after that 2010 playoff game. If Smith performs the same over the course of this season, I expect you to be the first on the line demanding him to be cut or benched.

We'll see.
    LOL if you were a Colts fan you would have declared Peyton Manning a bust to after his first playoff game. You live in LA LA land where no one ever struggles in there first playoff game. It's a common thing in sports the first playoff run most time just don't go well.

I won't be the first if his first pass is incomplete you will be here telling us how you no he was horrible

But if he doesn't play any better then Cassel I will be voicing my displeasure

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast