Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Webnews: If Chiefs go 8-8, they owe 49ers a second

Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

Post Webnews: If Chiefs go 8-8, they owe 49ers a second

1 Not allowed!
    By Darin Gantt
    The 49ers used Kansas City’s second-round pick this year to add another pick in the third round next year. And depending on how the Chiefs play, it could net the 49ers yet another second-rounder next year. Peter King of Sports Illustrated has filled in the blanks on the conditional 2014 pick the Chiefs owe the… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

0 Not allowed!
    It's fine if your qb struggles in his first playoff game, but what that game did to Cassel is expose him for what he was. He was a qb who could do absolutely nothing when there was no running game. Peyton Manning is different, third in the league in yards, 90 rating and a 20+ td season in his SECOND YEAR, you know you have something.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 38

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    I think Sean Smith will be another Stanford Routt but overall our d should be solid, we have a great running game. The only thing we really need is good qb play, a qb that can command an offense makes up for a lot of what a team lacks, ultimately our win/loss will be up to Alex Smith.
    Sounds eerily familiar doesn't it. Man I remember Hothus saying at the conclusion of camp last year that was the best team chemistry he has ever seen covering the Chiefs, and I believed him. Sitting at the home opener and going blow for blow then the missed field goal against the Falcons, the people sitting around me began saying here we go again and what a plunge that turned into. The thing about being a fan of this team is the offseason is always the year we're turning the corner. I'm not going to bash anyone anymore until I see what this team will be but I have tendered my expectations this season. Hopefully it finally is the year, we're beyond due for something.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 471
    Given: 78

0 Not allowed!
    It's fine if your qb struggles in his first playoff game, but what that game did to Cassel is expose him for what he was. He was a qb who could do absolutely nothing when there was no running game. Peyton Manning is different, third in the league in yards, 90 rating and a 20+ td season in his SECOND YEAR, you know you have something.
    And that's just not something that deals with QBS. The whole team in 2010 was pretty much playing in there first playoff game with a few exceptions. Pretty much EVERYONE struggled in that game. But you act like it was only Cassel. You seem to blame the QB for EVERYTHING. The D in that 2nd half didn't do much either if memory serves.

The whole problem with Cassel was that after a great 2010 season he regressed and was never able to get back and stay on that level. A lot of that was on him and him alone. But there were also things not of his making that hurt him.

But this is just beating a dead horse over and over again What Cassel did has nothing to do with what Smith is going to do. We will see what Smith is able to do I for one am looking forward to it. Smith if he pans out can still be a good QB for then next 5 to 6 years then we can draft and devople a QB and make sure that QB is ready when it's his time. There's a lot to be hopeful for with Smith. We shall see if it works or not.
    ​BAN ROY

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Sounds eerily familiar doesn't it. Man I remember Hothus saying at the conclusion of camp last year that was the best team chemistry he has ever seen covering the Chiefs, and I believed him. Sitting at the home opener and going blow for blow then the missed field goal against the Falcons, the people sitting around me began saying here we go again and what a plunge that turned into. The thing about being a fan of this team is the offseason is always the year we're turning the corner. I'm not going to bash anyone anymore until I see what this team will be but I have tendered my expectations this season. Hopefully it finally is the year, we're beyond due for something.
    I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I'm torn on what to expect. Last year Many expected us to challenge Denver. We all saw how that worked out.

Part of me is even more excited then last year now that we have a proven head coach. I think that the coaching was a HUGE reason we fell to 2-14 last year. Here's the biggest reason why. Go back to the first Pre season game last season and how good we looked and how excited we were. Then we saw the rest of the preseason and how bad that looked. Then go to the real season the first half and how good we looked at least on offense. After that we all saw what happened. Outside of a ot win against the Saints and 1 sunday in December when the team had just went through hell when we saw for 1 Sunday Brady Quinn look like a franchise QB we saw a HORRIBLE Team. In all phases of the game. That to me lends to thinking that the coaching staff (if you want to call it that) Couldn't make an adjustment to save there life. Or put together a real NFL GAMEPLAN.

Then theres part of me that feels that the talent should have been able to overcome that and win more games. Maybe just Maybe some of these guys are not as good as we thought they were. Winston we were all exctited for. I remember refreshing twitter every couple of minutes just to see the new we signed him. And how everyone on here was so pumped we saw that not work out at all.

I just don't know what to expect but I do think we will see improvement in the amount of wins. That I feel safe to say.
    ​BAN ROY

Thumbs Up
    Received: 662
    Given: 822

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post

...... Smith if he pans out can still be a good QB for then next 5 to 6 years then we can draft and devople a QB and make sure that QB is ready when it's his time. There's a lot to be hopeful for with Smith. We shall see if it works or not.
    Not so fast, there. Take a look at the career of this QB and you will see that he didn't become a regular until his 5th season.

http://www.nfl.com/player/trentgreen/2500904/profile

Also, that's assuming Bray doesn't pan out, but Andy Reid has already said that Bray has gotten off to a decent start in rookie mini-camp. If Alex Smith is on the Chiefs roster for 5 or 6 years, then that gives them plenty of time to let Bray mature & develop.

People keep ignoring what I've said about the Chiefs history drafting QB's since 1970 being an absolute ZERO success rate, but I'll challenge anyone to consider that Stanzi being drafted in the 5th round & Bray being undrafted, will not save Stanzi from having Bray push him off the roster. I'm going to call it right here: Bray is going to push Stanzi off the roster. And I welcome the challenge of anyone correcting me if I'm wrong, down the road.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    And that's just not something that deals with QBS. The whole team in 2010 was pretty much playing in there first playoff game with a few exceptions. Pretty much EVERYONE struggled in that game. But you act like it was only Cassel. You seem to blame the QB for EVERYTHING. The D in that 2nd half didn't do much either if memory serves.

The whole problem with Cassel was that after a great 2010 season he regressed and was never able to get back and stay on that level. A lot of that was on him and him alone. But there were also things not of his making that hurt him.

But this is just beating a dead horse over and over again What Cassel did has nothing to do with what Smith is going to do. We will see what Smith is able to do I for one am looking forward to it. Smith if he pans out can still be a good QB for then next 5 to 6 years then we can draft and devople a QB and make sure that QB is ready when it's his time. There's a lot to be hopeful for with Smith. We shall see if it works or not.

The running game was solid, it was the reason we scored our lone touchdown, the d played well and Cassel had 70 yards passing with 3 ints. Now you tell me, why did we lose?

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Not so fast, there. Take a look at the career of this QB and you will see that he didn't become a regular until his 5th season.

http://www.nfl.com/player/trentgreen/2500904/profile

Also, that's assuming Bray doesn't pan out, but Andy Reid has already said that Bray has gotten off to a decent start in rookie mini-camp. If Alex Smith is on the Chiefs roster for 5 or 6 years, then that gives them plenty of time to let Bray mature & develop.

People keep ignoring what I've said about the Chiefs history drafting QB's since 1970 being an absolute ZERO success rate, but I'll challenge anyone to consider that Stanzi being drafted in the 5th round & Bray being undrafted, will not save Stanzi from having Bray push him off the roster. I'm going to call it right here: Bray is going to push Stanzi off the roster. And I welcome the challenge of anyone correcting me if I'm wrong, down the road.

No offense man, but that is the third qb position, who cares.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 662
    Given: 822

0 Not allowed!
    No offense man, but that is the third qb position, who cares.
    You are missing the point. I'm talking long-term here.

I had stated: "If Alex Smith is on the Chiefs roster for 5 or 6 years, then that gives them plenty of time to let Bray mature & develop." <---- What part of that don't you get?

You only state the obvious about THIS YEAR. There is nothing preventing Bray moving up the chart in the coming years, except Bray himself, and judging by the interviews I've seen with him, he got a serious wake-up call going undrafted & knows he can't squander the chance the Chiefs are giving him.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    You are missing the point. I'm talking long-term here.

I had stated: "If Alex Smith is on the Chiefs roster for 5 or 6 years, then that gives them plenty of time to let Bray mature & develop." <---- What part of that don't you get?

You only state the obvious about THIS YEAR. There is nothing preventing Bray moving up the chart in the coming years, except Bray himself, and judging by the interviews I've seen with him, he got a serious wake-up call going undrafted & knows he can't squander the chance the Chiefs are giving him.

Well I hope so, but we shouldn't be investing our future in developing an undrafted player.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    The running game was solid, it was the reason we scored our lone touchdown, the d played well and Cassel had 70 yards passing with 3 ints. Now you tell me, why did we lose?
    The d gave up drives of
    2 80 yards for tds
    69 yards for field goal
    51 yards for anther field goal

Yep outstanding play there. But you're right it was all because of Cassel in LA LA Land

but anyway that again is just beating a dead horse and has nothing to do with Smith
    ​BAN ROY

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast