Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: it's official we have the best bookends in the league

Default it's official we have the best bookends in the league

well no albert did not sign a long term contract. but as is right now the chiefs have the best rt/lt combo in the league in fisher and albert. anybody who says the rt position is not a very important position on the o-line needs to get out of the 1980's. most defenses including the brokeback broncos try to have 2 elite edge rushers that will not happen with this BEEFY o-line. the days of a rt being a roadgrader for the run game but week in the pass blocking scheme are over. GO CHIEFS

^This^

It will be very interesting to see if Reid is flexible enough to take advantage of the personnel he has been handed. If he tries to run a pass-heavy WCO with this personnel he is not taking advantage of his mismatches. Jamal Charles behind this O-line could be absolutely beastly. Two stud OTs who can pass block and also have the nimble feet to seal the outside for Charles could make for an amazing season. They should run well over half the time and have the pass rush on its heels, then kill the secondary with play action passes which is an area where Alex Smith could excel, and your offense could control the clock and dominate.

It would also make your defense better as they wouldn't be on the field as much. I am very interested to see, and hope that my cousins and uncles (Raiders fans) will be crying all season long!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

agree with all of the above. i think reid is probably a pretty adaptable guy. the screen game with charles might be pretty explosive as well. i remember watching westbrook in reids offense very fun to watch

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    It will be very interesting to see if Reid is flexible enough to take advantage of the personnel he has been handed. If he tries to run a pass-heavy WCO with this personnel he is not taking advantage of his mismatches. Jamal Charles behind this O-line could be absolutely beastly. Two stud OTs who can pass block and also have the nimble feet to seal the outside for Charles could make for an amazing season. They should run well over half the time and have the pass rush on its heels, then kill the secondary with play action passes which is an area where Alex Smith could excel, and your offense could control the clock and dominate.

It would also make your defense better as they wouldn't be on the field as much. I am very interested to see, and hope that my cousins and uncles (Raiders fans) will be crying all season long!
    Well I don't know your cousins or uncles but I am in complete agreement with you buddy!
    Last edited by Chiefster; 05-12-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    agree with all of the above. i think reid is probably a pretty adaptable guy. the screen game with charles might be pretty explosive as well. i remember watching westbrook in reids offense very fun to watch
    That's it in a nutshell. Lot at all the great things Reid was able to get done with Westbrook. Imagine what he could get done with JC.

Well being the actual Chiefs and Royals fan that I am. I will take a step back for a second. This is not Official by any means. Just three weeks ago, Albert was an average LT bum, with possible back problems still lingering that he Chiefs had no problems trading if the price was right. And many people wanted him to be traded.

Officially Fisher has played ZERO downs in the NFL so we honestly do not know what we have. Is he another Robert Gallery taken 2nd over all by the Raiders who failed at LT, moved to Guard and retired 8 years later.

Fact of the matter, our homer rose colored off season Glasses have us hyping up this team before setting foot on the field to give us any factual information to base opinions.

Honestly, I wouldnt have minded to see Albert Traded because I thought that Stephenson as a Rookie at LT performed just as well as Albert did his rookie year. With an off season, he could very well be a better LT for us, He could be a very solid RT for us with Fisher being a Solid LT.

So not to sound like the constant Negative posters who troll this site. I won't say officially we have the best Book ends in the league, but on paper. Our book ends look pretty sweet with the a very versatile group of players that could easily alternate at the ends to cover injuries. Specially seeing how Albert has not completed a full season to my knowledge.

Can I get an infraction please? Its been so long!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Today Fisher played RT in rookie minicamp. Then Reid said that Albert will be there on Monday.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Well being the actual Chiefs and Royals fan that I am. I will take a step back for a second. This is not Official by any means. Just three weeks ago, Albert was an average LT bum, with possible back problems still lingering that he Chiefs had no problems trading if the price was right. And many people wanted him to be traded.

Officially Fisher has played ZERO downs in the NFL so we honestly do not know what we have. Is he another Robert Gallery taken 2nd over all by the Raiders who failed at LT, moved to Guard and retired 8 years later.

Fact of the matter, our homer rose colored off season Glasses have us hyping up this team before setting foot on the field to give us any factual information to base opinions.

Honestly, I wouldnt have minded to see Albert Traded because I thought that Stephenson as a Rookie at LT performed just as well as Albert did his rookie year. With an off season, he could very well be a better LT for us, He could be a very solid RT for us with Fisher being a Solid LT.

So not to sound like the constant Negative posters who troll this site. I won't say officially we have the best Book ends in the league, but on paper. Our book ends look pretty sweet with the a very versatile group of players that could easily alternate at the ends to cover injuries. Specially seeing how Albert has not completed a full season to my knowledge.
    I completely agree with you, especially after all these recent years of disappointment. I had sworn to take it all with a grain of salt, no "Chiefs red" colored glasses for me this year! As we get closer and closer to the season starting I find myself getting more and more jacked up about it. It's football. "I love the shmell of it! the tashte of it!" As to the hyping, we are fans- it's what we do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast