Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Branden Albert will be at Chiefs practice next week

Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Branden Albert will be at Chiefs practice next week

0 Not allowed!
    By Darin Gantt
    It’s not that franchise-tagged Chiefs left tackle Branden Albert has many options, since he’s already signed his contract. But in the latest sign of his acceptance of his lot in life, he’s headed to work. According to Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star, Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Albert would be on hand next… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

0 Not allowed!
    Play well this year so we can trade him after this season.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 387
    Given: 75

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Play well this year so we can trade him after this season.
    According to you we traded him at the draft

Thumbs Up
    Received: 580
    Given: 770

0 Not allowed!
    It would serve Albert right if one of his teammates stuck a box of Pampers diapers in his locker & tacked a note to it saying "get our drift".

Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 436

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    It would serve Albert right if one of his teammates stuck a box of Pampers diapers in his locker & tacked a note to it saying "get our drift".
    Yeah, but at 9 million I doubt he'd care.

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Yeah, but at 9 million I doubt he'd care.
    That's my biggest fear right there. He cares about getting PAID. That's why he's reporting. Probably no other reason. Watch your backside, Alex Smith.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 436

1 Not allowed!
    That's my biggest fear right there. He cares about getting PAID. That's why he's reporting. Probably no other reason. Watch your backside, Alex Smith.
    ...This!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 22

0 Not allowed!
    He did sign the dotted line so he has to report. He has also seen the reality of his worth in the OT market, and it's not in the top 5 category. Lucky for him that he signed his franchise tag so fast-his agent should be commended. He'll have to have a good year to get paid anything near what he got for this year. Which bodes well for us for this year. I do not like paying him what we did, but it's water under the bridge.
    I'm liking our bookends at the tackle position and the guys in between. I feel we have some decent depth, though at a premium with Alberts tag. If some of Mr. Fishers' nasty disposition rubs off on the rest of this crew Jamaal is going to have a very good year.
    Can someone tell if they can still sign Albert long term and tear up the Franchise contract?

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    He did sign the dotted line so he has to report. He has also seen the reality of his worth in the OT market, and it's not in the top 5 category. Lucky for him that he signed his franchise tag so fast-his agent should be commended. He'll have to have a good year to get paid anything near what he got for this year. Which bodes well for us for this year. I do not like paying him what we did, but it's water under the bridge.
    I'm liking our bookends at the tackle position and the guys in between. I feel we have some decent depth, though at a premium with Alberts tag. If some of Mr. Fishers' nasty disposition rubs off on the rest of this crew Jamaal is going to have a very good year.
    Can someone tell if they can still sign Albert long term and tear up the Franchise contract?
    This why they drafted Fisher was because of his mean streak & he's more of road-grater in the running game than Joeckel.

Yes, they can sign Albert long-term & eliminate the Franchise tag, but if I were them, I wouldn't do it until he proves his back problems are not an ongoing issue and that he can hang for a full season. It's no big loss if he walks via FA after the 2013, as they were prepared to put the Franchise tag on Bowe & let Albert walk if they didn't work out a long-term deal with Bowe.

Plus, I highly doubt they are going to leave Fisher over at RT for more than 1 year, if he shows the form that made him a #1 draftee and he improves his game through the 2013 season. It would be a waste of his talent.

Not saying RT isn't important, but don't let anybody kid you into thinking the QB's blindside isn't a bit more important. Just ask Joe Montana about the blindside hit he took from Leonard Marshall in the 1990 NFC Championship game or ask John Elway about the number of blindside hits he took from Derrick Thomas or ask any QB that played in the days when they had HOF DE Doug Atkins coming at them from their blindside.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast