Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: it's official we have the best bookends in the league

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,447
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 13

    Default it's official we have the best bookends in the league


    0 Not allowed!
    well no albert did not sign a long term contract. but as is right now the chiefs have the best rt/lt combo in the league in fisher and albert. anybody who says the rt position is not a very important position on the o-line needs to get out of the 1980's. most defenses including the brokeback broncos try to have 2 elite edge rushers that will not happen with this BEEFY o-line. the days of a rt being a roadgrader for the run game but week in the pass blocking scheme are over. GO CHIEFS

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,501
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 38

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    ^This^

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,841
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    It will be very interesting to see if Reid is flexible enough to take advantage of the personnel he has been handed. If he tries to run a pass-heavy WCO with this personnel he is not taking advantage of his mismatches. Jamal Charles behind this O-line could be absolutely beastly. Two stud OTs who can pass block and also have the nimble feet to seal the outside for Charles could make for an amazing season. They should run well over half the time and have the pass rush on its heels, then kill the secondary with play action passes which is an area where Alex Smith could excel, and your offense could control the clock and dominate.

    It would also make your defense better as they wouldn't be on the field as much. I am very interested to see, and hope that my cousins and uncles (Raiders fans) will be crying all season long!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,447
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 13

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    agree with all of the above. i think reid is probably a pretty adaptable guy. the screen game with charles might be pretty explosive as well. i remember watching westbrook in reids offense very fun to watch

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,936
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 422

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    It will be very interesting to see if Reid is flexible enough to take advantage of the personnel he has been handed. If he tries to run a pass-heavy WCO with this personnel he is not taking advantage of his mismatches. Jamal Charles behind this O-line could be absolutely beastly. Two stud OTs who can pass block and also have the nimble feet to seal the outside for Charles could make for an amazing season. They should run well over half the time and have the pass rush on its heels, then kill the secondary with play action passes which is an area where Alex Smith could excel, and your offense could control the clock and dominate.

    It would also make your defense better as they wouldn't be on the field as much. I am very interested to see, and hope that my cousins and uncles (Raiders fans) will be crying all season long!
    Well I don't know your cousins or uncles but I am in complete agreement with you buddy!
    Last edited by Chiefster; 05-12-2013 at 11:17 PM.


  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,167
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 228
    Given: 665

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    agree with all of the above. i think reid is probably a pretty adaptable guy. the screen game with charles might be pretty explosive as well. i remember watching westbrook in reids offense very fun to watch
    That's it in a nutshell. Lot at all the great things Reid was able to get done with Westbrook. Imagine what he could get done with JC.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,881
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 3

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Well being the actual Chiefs and Royals fan that I am. I will take a step back for a second. This is not Official by any means. Just three weeks ago, Albert was an average LT bum, with possible back problems still lingering that he Chiefs had no problems trading if the price was right. And many people wanted him to be traded.

    Officially Fisher has played ZERO downs in the NFL so we honestly do not know what we have. Is he another Robert Gallery taken 2nd over all by the Raiders who failed at LT, moved to Guard and retired 8 years later.

    Fact of the matter, our homer rose colored off season Glasses have us hyping up this team before setting foot on the field to give us any factual information to base opinions.

    Honestly, I wouldnt have minded to see Albert Traded because I thought that Stephenson as a Rookie at LT performed just as well as Albert did his rookie year. With an off season, he could very well be a better LT for us, He could be a very solid RT for us with Fisher being a Solid LT.

    So not to sound like the constant Negative posters who troll this site. I won't say officially we have the best Book ends in the league, but on paper. Our book ends look pretty sweet with the a very versatile group of players that could easily alternate at the ends to cover injuries. Specially seeing how Albert has not completed a full season to my knowledge.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Can I get an infraction please? Its been so long!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Santiago de Chile
    Posts
    262
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Today Fisher played RT in rookie minicamp. Then Reid said that Albert will be there on Monday.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ALASKA
    Posts
    3,074
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Well being the actual Chiefs and Royals fan that I am. I will take a step back for a second. This is not Official by any means. Just three weeks ago, Albert was an average LT bum, with possible back problems still lingering that he Chiefs had no problems trading if the price was right. And many people wanted him to be traded.

    Officially Fisher has played ZERO downs in the NFL so we honestly do not know what we have. Is he another Robert Gallery taken 2nd over all by the Raiders who failed at LT, moved to Guard and retired 8 years later.

    Fact of the matter, our homer rose colored off season Glasses have us hyping up this team before setting foot on the field to give us any factual information to base opinions.

    Honestly, I wouldnt have minded to see Albert Traded because I thought that Stephenson as a Rookie at LT performed just as well as Albert did his rookie year. With an off season, he could very well be a better LT for us, He could be a very solid RT for us with Fisher being a Solid LT.

    So not to sound like the constant Negative posters who troll this site. I won't say officially we have the best Book ends in the league, but on paper. Our book ends look pretty sweet with the a very versatile group of players that could easily alternate at the ends to cover injuries. Specially seeing how Albert has not completed a full season to my knowledge.
    I completely agree with you, especially after all these recent years of disappointment. I had sworn to take it all with a grain of salt, no "Chiefs red" colored glasses for me this year! As we get closer and closer to the season starting I find myself getting more and more jacked up about it. It's football. "I love the shmell of it! the tashte of it!" As to the hyping, we are fans- it's what we do.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. OT: The Official AFC West Fanatic FF League (20 Teams!)
    By charger neurosis in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-24-2012, 02:16 AM
  2. A Fantasy League
    By bigpoppachief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 06:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •