Thread: Webnews: Branden Albert: I was never disgruntled

Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Branden Albert: I was never disgruntled

0 Not allowed!
    By Josh Alper
    The Chiefs kicked off their OTAs on Tuesday and, as expected, left tackle Branden Albert was in attendance. Albert, who stands to make $9.828 million in 2013 under the terms of the franchise tag, was the subject of trade discussions with the Dolphins before and during the draft and made it known that he had… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 465
    Given: 680

0 Not allowed!
    Good to see Albert do an about-face. Hopefully, he will realize that there's a bigger benefit in being a team player and being willing to play where they may want him to. One picture is worth a thousand words & perhaps Fishers mean streak and youthful enthusiasm will rub off on Albert:

Last edited by brdempsey69; 05-14-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
    “Everybody makes mistakes,’’ Albert said. “Through this whole process, I realize I made mistakes. I’ll grow from it and move on. I should not have said certain things. You know what I said. I’m just happy I’m here.’’

Thank you, that was what needed to be said. Welcome back to the Chiefs fold & go out and have your best year, ever.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Another nice excerpt from kcchiefs.com:

Albert regarding Fisher:

"I want him to know that I’m going to help him the best way I can, so he can be the best player, from now into the future, so he can be a Hall of Fame tackle, so he can help his team make a Super Bowl, so he can be a Super Bowl tackle, so he can make Pro Bowls earlier than I did," Albert said.

Albert will get a good long-term deal from the Chiefs AT THE RIGHT TIME, if he wants to stay.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 402

1 Not allowed!
    I'm glad this turned out the way it has.

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I'm glad this turned out the way it has.
    Exactly, as a lot of people don't really see what has transpired here. This new regime was able to dig Albert's head out of the sand & purge him of Pioli's loser-type mentality. That in itself speaks volumes of the new regime vs the Pioli regime. Perhaps they'll do the same with Tyler Bray.

The individuals that were wanting to use Albert as a crutch to pass on Eric Fisher in the draft are also thinking with Pioli's loser-type mentality.

Albert will get a nice contract from somewhere in 2014, if he stays healthy and has a good season in 2013.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 402

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Exactly, as a lot of people don't really see what has transpired here. This new regime was able to dig Albert's head out of the sand & purge him of Pioli's loser-type mentality. That in itself speaks volumes of the new regime vs the Pioli regime. Perhaps they'll do the same with Tyler Bray.

The individuals that were wanting to use Albert as a crutch to pass on Eric Fisher in the draft are also thinking with Pioli's loser-type mentality.

Albert will get a nice contract from somewhere in 2014, if he stays healthy and has a good season in 2013.
    Absolutely, everything is contengent upon 2013. Albert, in the kcchiefs.com video, seemed to me to be sincere about being on board with the new regime and excited about being in KC which was not the case before dealing with Reid and Dorsey.