Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 128

Thread: Chiefs Pessimism

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,770
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 186
    Given: 51

    Default Chiefs Pessimism


    2 Not allowed!
    The Kansas City Chiefs will have a top 3 defensive backfield, #1 rushing attack from a year ago, the best OT tandem in the league, the best LB corp in the league, 2/3 of the D-line were drafted in the top 15 overall. TWO first round picks at wideout, and a suddenly above average QB in an offensive system that consistently ranked in the top half of the league in Philly.

    WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT??? I promise that the other 11 teams that will make the playoffs this season don't have that kind of talent to claim heading into this season.




    Stay Calm and Go Chiefs

  2. #101
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    You again ignore the fact that Sanchez came into a MUCH better spot then Smith. The Jets were a team that was ready to compete for the playoffs the 49ers weren't. You also ignore the coaching thing you have NEVER been able to tell me 1 QB that played well for Mike Nolan/Singletary. I have asked this time and time again you haven't named 1 You ignore that because you can't name one. Rex Ryan has proven to be a better head coach then Nolan/Singletary. All that has helped Sanchez Smith didn't have that. That plays a factor in some of what you talk about no matter how much you don't want to admit it because it doesn't fit your argument.

    And you also conviently didn't address the turnover issue. Thought Alex Smith has been in the NFL longer Sanchez has more turnovers then Smith
    Smith 63 INT 9 Fumbles = 72 turnovers 8 seasons in 80 games =.9 turnovers per game 81 passing tds 4 rushing tds 85 tds 1.06 tds per game so a td/int of 1.06/.9 td/turnover per game ratio
    Sanchez 69 INT 17 fumbles = 86 turnovers In 4 seasons in 62 games = 1.38 turnovers per game 68 passing tds 12 rushing 80 tds 1.29tds a game a td to turnover ratio of 1.29/1.38

    Yes Sanchez has a higher Td average but he also has a higher turnover average you just want to talk about the numbers that make your argument look better. Well there's more then yards and Tds to being a QB. You also have to take care of the ball. Sanchez has failed to do so. Smith trails in the td and yards true but he's better in the turnover battle MUCH better How convent that you don't mention that

    Why do I feel like we just had a quarterback who didn't throw for many yards per season? Oh yes, we did! His name was Matt Cassel.

  3. #102
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,643
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 122

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SloJimFizz View Post
    So you would feel more comfy with Sanchez instead of Alex this year?
    Quit beating this to a pulp. Alex is going to play for the Chiefs no matter how
    much you pummel us with your stupid *** rant.
    Who is your team of choice? Your not much of a chiefs fan imo.
    Because he questions the chiefs selection of a QB? I'm pretty sure he won't be watching the game and hoping and praying Alex Smith sucks, i bet he'll eat crow if Alex gets to the playofffs and KC wins a playoff game. You'll have your fans that will pull for a guy on the chiefs no matter what (on the field or off the field problems), and you'll have the fans that will question what the front office is doing or question a player that coems in that has had a bad past.

  4. #103
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,164
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 476
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Why do I feel like we just had a quarterback who didn't throw for many yards per season? Oh yes, we did! His name was Matt Cassel.
    Once again you can't answer and FACTS in that post so you just go back to your normal BLAH BLAH BLAH nice
    ​BAN ROY


  5. #104
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,164
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 476
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Because he questions the chiefs selection of a QB? I'm pretty sure he won't be watching the game and hoping and praying Alex Smith sucks, i bet he'll eat crow if Alex gets to the playofffs and KC wins a playoff game. You'll have your fans that will pull for a guy on the chiefs no matter what (on the field or off the field problems), and you'll have the fans that will question what the front office is doing or question a player that coems in that has had a bad past.
    My man will think he was right somehow someway he will claim he was right he did it after the Geno thing. Ryfo maned up and said he was wrong my man just went on claiming Geno was worth the number 1 overall pick. He also did it with Mccluster. He told me last year that Mccluster wouldn't play when he did he tried to throw out some BS reason why that shouldn't count although I have forgotten what it was now it's been a while. But if there's one thing my man doesn't do it's eat Crow. He will spin it to somehow someway he knew Smith was going to be great if it turns out that he is.

    The reason so many people say stuff about him not being a Chiefs fan is that 99.9% of his post are nothing but him bashing guys on this team. When Pioli was fired he was happy. But the new GM makes 1 move he doesn't like and he's already declared him to fail just like Pioli. 1 move is all it took. He has already judged people before 1 snap is taken he deserves most the flack he gets. He just doesn't let it die. We all know that he doesn't like the move for Alex Smith which is fine. Do we need to here about it every post he makes? You can disagree with a move the front office makes. I've done it but when all you do is bash the team people are going to question if you're here to be a fan or just to cause problems.
    ​BAN ROY


  6. #105
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Post


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Because he questions the chiefs selection of a QB? I'm pretty sure he won't be watching the game and hoping and praying Alex Smith sucks, i bet he'll eat crow if Alex gets to the playofffs and KC wins a playoff game. You'll have your fans that will pull for a guy on the chiefs no matter what (on the field or off the field problems), and you'll have the fans that will question what the front office is doing or question a player that coems in that has had a bad past.


    You are correct. Honestly, I hope Alex Smith turns into Aaron Rodgers but I highly doubt it will happen. It's really a win win for me, either they do extremely well and I leave the board because of the wager with TexasChief or they don't do well and I am right. As Seinfeld said, "see how it always evens out for me?"

  7. #106
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Once again you can't answer and FACTS in that post so you just go back to your normal BLAH BLAH BLAH nice

    All I am saying is that his play and stats remind me of Matt Cassel. Even in Smith's one good year is similar to Cassel's. He is a quarterback who is conservative (Cassel), doesn't throw for a lot of yards (Cassel), throws many short passes (Cassel). Hell, 73% of his passes were 10 yards or less (Cassel).

  8. #107
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    My man will think he was right somehow someway he will claim he was right he did it after the Geno thing. Ryfo maned up and said he was wrong my man just went on claiming Geno was worth the number 1 overall pick. He also did it with Mccluster. He told me last year that Mccluster wouldn't play when he did he tried to throw out some BS reason why that shouldn't count although I have forgotten what it was now it's been a while. But if there's one thing my man doesn't do it's eat Crow. He will spin it to somehow someway he knew Smith was going to be great if it turns out that he is.

    The reason so many people say stuff about him not being a Chiefs fan is that 99.9% of his post are nothing but him bashing guys on this team. When Pioli was fired he was happy. But the new GM makes 1 move he doesn't like and he's already declared him to fail just like Pioli. 1 move is all it took. He has already judged people before 1 snap is taken he deserves most the flack he gets. He just doesn't let it die. We all know that he doesn't like the move for Alex Smith which is fine. Do we need to here about it every post he makes? You can disagree with a move the front office makes. I've done it but when all you do is bash the team people are going to question if you're here to be a fan or just to cause problems.

    I said we should draft Geno, he hasn't played one game and now I should eat crow? I thought we were supposed to give quarterbacks a minimum of 4 seasons with the perfect offensive line and same OC. At least that is what I learned during the Matt Cassel era.

    It has been more than 1 move. We trade arenas for a fullback. Question mark there, we then trade possibly 2 second round picks for Mr. 175 yards per game Alex Smith who only has 2 years left on his deal and then use our number 1 pick on a right tackle.

    It's Similar to what Pioli did when he got here.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 07-05-2013 at 11:21 PM.

  9. #108
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,164
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 476
    Given: 78

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    All I am saying is that his play and stats remind me of Matt Cassel. Even in Smith's one good year is similar to Cassel's. He is a quarterback who is conservative (Cassel), doesn't throw for a lot of yards (Cassel), throws many short passes (Cassel). Hell, 73% of his passes were 10 yards or less (Cassel).
    Everything you said there is true but like always you're leaving out alot that doesn't fit your argument
    Matt Cassel has never had a qb rating of over 100 Smith has (not cassel) Matt Cassel never put 2 good years together Smith the last 2 years Cassel had a good year in 08 with the pats then off year then good in 2010 then off the next 2 years. (not Cassel) Matt Cassel has never won a playoff game even with a good D and good running game smith has (not Cassel)
    Sorry but just because facts don't fit your argument doesn't mean there not true and should be ignored.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    I said we should draft Geno, he hasn't played one game and now I should eat crow? I thought we were supposed to give quarterbacks a minimum of 4 seasons with the perfect offensive line and same OC. At least that is what I learned during the Matt Cassel era.
    You said Geno was worth the number 1 pick in the draft. The fact that he didn't go in the entire first round proves you wrong. I suggested that they should consider Teo you pretty much called me an idiot He went before Geno by 1 pick. Sorry but you were wrong about Geno he wasn't as good as you made him out to be.
    And again Geno Average .1 ypc more then Smith so isn't he (Cassel) Or since you like him do we ignore that?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    It has been more than 1 move. We trade arenas for a fullback. Question mark there, we then trade possibly 2 second round picks for Mr. 175 yards per game Alex Smith who only has 2 years left on his deal and then use our number 1 pick on a right tackle.

    It's Similar to what Pioli did when he got here.
    You had declared Dorsey just like Pioli before the trade for a FB happened you did it as soon as the QB trade was reported.

    And Pioli never has the weak QB draft class that Dorsey did. This QB class was the weakest in years. Maybe that had something to do with giving draft picks. It's apples and oranges Pioli never had a QB draft class that weak. Dorsey didn't have any Lucks,RGIII to get. But why include that fact since it doesn't fit your argument right?
    ​BAN ROY


  10. #109
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,770
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 186
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    According to Bill Williamson of ESPN, the Chiefs have NINE of the top 20 players in the AFC WEST.

    1. Peyton Manning, quarterback, Denver: No suspense here. Manning was dominant last year, his first in the division. Yes, he is still a superstar.

    2. Von Miller, linebacker, Denver: The third-year player is becoming one of the best defensive players in the NFL. An elite talent.

    3. Jamaal Charles, running back, Kansas City: He was overshadowed by Adrian Peterson, but Charles was special in a comeback from a torn ACL.

    4. Ryan Clady, tackle, Denver: Blocking for Manning gave Clady a boost, and Manning appreciated every minute of it.

    5. Demaryius Thomas, receiver, Denver: He is not a product of Manning. The kid has rare skills.

    6. Philip Rivers, quarterback, San Diego: Yes, he hasn’t been great for the past two years, but he is still a strong player.

    7. Eric Weddle, safety, San Diego: One of the more underrated players in the league. Scouts love the way he plays.

    8. Wes Welker, receiver, Denver: The free-agent prize of the division will make Manning even more lethal.

    9. Dwayne Bowe, receiver, Kansas City: The league is waiting to see how Bowe responds to his big-money deal.

    10. Eric Berry, safety, Kansas City: Healthy again, he is one of the most exciting young defenders in the game.

    11. Tamba Hali, linebacker, Kansas City: He is a top pass-rusher. A very disruptive force.

    12. Justin Houston, linebacker, Kansas City: Watching Houston and Miller grow together in the same division will be a treat.

    13. Corey Liuget, defensive end, San Diego: He has a chance to become a top player at his position. Big second season.

    14. Champ Bailey, cornerback, Denver: He’s near the end, but he is a still a plus player.

    15. Branden Albert, tackle, Kansas City: He has improved steadily, and that’s why the Chiefs franchised him.

    16. Derrick Johnson, linebacker, Kansas City: Simply a tackle machine. He’d help any team.

    17. Brandon Flowers, cornerback, Kansas City: A scout favorite. A fundamental gem.

    18. Alex Smith, quarterback, Kansas City: Not an elite quarterback, but he has proved he can win games.
    Denver only had 7. You have to be looking REALLY hard for flaws on this team to keep you from feeling optimistic about this season. Not making this list are the first round picks the past three drafts. Fisher and Poe should make next year's list. Baldwin is still young enough to put things together and be the elite #2 option the Chiefs wanted from him. This new offensive system that actually throws the ball to large bodies should benefit Baldwin immensely.

  11. #110
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,164
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 476
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    According to Bill Williamson of ESPN, the Chiefs have NINE of the top 20 players in the AFC WEST.



    Denver only had 7. You have to be looking REALLY hard for flaws on this team to keep you from feeling optimistic about this season. Not making this list are the first round picks the past three drafts. Fisher and Poe should make next year's list. Baldwin is still young enough to put things together and be the elite #2 option the Chiefs wanted from him. This new offensive system that actually throws the ball to large bodies should benefit Baldwin immensely.
    I'm still hopeful that Baldwin can be worth the 1st round pick. He will now have an NFL level coaching staff so we shall see how that helps. As well as the 3rd season is known as the make or break year for a guy. I know there are some who have given Baldwin a bust label but I don't think he's there just yet.
    ​BAN ROY


Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •