49ers fan visiting! I check in on you guys kind of as a social experiment to see how your Alex Smith threads/discussions go as time passes. Anyway, here's my projection of your season, if anyone cares.
1. @JAX. Win. 1-0. I have a hard time believing you guys won't comfortably close this one out on the road. Your defense is definitely more than Gabbert/Henne can handle. 13 points is probably enough to win this contest, and I have a hard time believing you guys score less than that. Chiefs win by 5+
2. DAL. Loss. 1-1. Dallas is a bipolar team, but they also play in a very competitive division where the divisional games aren't already pre-decided like in some places. They are more balanced on offense and defense, and this is in Dallas. Dallas wins by 7+
3. @PHI. Loss. 1-2. Chip Kelly will improve this team and they will feature a heavier dose of LeSean McCoy, as well as safer but faster paced offense. Your pass rush is good but Vick is elusive, and this is early enough in the season where he is 100% healthy. Eagles +3.
4. NYG. Loss. 1-3. The Giants are a tough team and have gotten better at some key positions this offseason, and their D-Line will be healthy at this point. I like David Wilson to compliment the Giants above average passing game. Giants +4
5. @TEN. Win. 2-3. You have a tough slate to start the season facing the NFC East in a row, with 2 on the road. But, bounce back nicely by killing the hapless Titans. They are almost as bad as the Jaguars, and you win comfortably. Chiefs +7.
6. OAK. Win. 3-3. Oakland may just be the worst team in the league. Even with Carson Palmer i'd predict a Chiefs win here. Chiefs +10.
7. HOU. Loss. 3-4. Houston boasts a top 5 defense in the NFL when healthy, and their offense isn't as anemic as people think. I just don't see how Alex Smith will beat a healthy Texans team with his arm, and their D-line and LBs are good enough to take away the running game. Texans +7
8. CLE. Win. 4-4. Cleveland is a team that will play you tough, but ultimately they just don't have the players to make it happen. I like Brandon Weeden but certainly not as much as Alex Smith. Ultimately you're better at every major skill position, and better on defense. Also, this is in Arrowhead. Chiefs +3
9. @BUF. Win. 5-4. Motivated to make a late season push and with Denver looming on the horizon, you guys put forth a solid effort and deal with the Bills as one would expect. CJ Spiller is the only real notable player on offense and he really hasn't shown that much outside of a fantasy football setting. Chiefs+3.
10. @DEN. Loss. 5-5. Second road game in a row, in Denver, and Manning will be better than last year. Hard to imagine you guys land within 14 points of the Broncos in the end. They're just too good. Denver +14.
11. SD. Win. 6-5. Returning home after a brutal evisceration at the hands of Denver will motivate you guys to bounce back and win a fairly talent-poor Chargers team. If Phillip Rivers returns to form, this would probably be a Chiefs loss, but in order to be playing at as high of a level as he once did, he'd need weapons, and they have none in SD. Chiefs +3
12. DEN. Loss. 6-6. Same as before. I don't see how you can contend with the Broncos at this point in any location. Broncos +7
13. @WAS. Loss. 6-7. RG3 and the Redskins (or Redtails? LOL) are a good football team, and looking at how they performed last year, they can compete with any team - tough on offense, tough on defense. Ultimately your offense doesn't have enough to keep pace with the dynamic WCO the Shanahans run. Skins +6
14. @OAK. Win. 7-7. Massacre, oakland sucks. Chiefs +10
15. IND. Win. 8-7. Indianapolis is overrated, and a methodical, efficient attack will be enough to overcome them. I expect this to be fairly close, however. Chiefs +2.
16. @SD. Win. 9-7. This could very EASILY be a loss, but i'm going on the optimistic side for you guys here. Also, i'm betting that Phillip Rivers doesn't return to form and the Chargers stink up the joint this year. Chiefs +3.
Unfortunately 9-7 is not enough for the post season in the AFC, as you'll have:
DEN, NE, HOU, PIT, BAL, and either IND or CIN in the playoffs.
Die hard 49ers fan! I have no ill-will towards the Chiefs, and would love to see you guys represent the AFC West in the playoffs. Beat the Raiders and Broncos!