Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Pessimism

Default Chiefs Pessimism

The Kansas City Chiefs will have a top 3 defensive backfield, #1 rushing attack from a year ago, the best OT tandem in the league, the best LB corp in the league, 2/3 of the D-line were drafted in the top 15 overall. TWO first round picks at wideout, and a suddenly above average QB in an offensive system that consistently ranked in the top half of the league in Philly.

WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT??? I promise that the other 11 teams that will make the playoffs this season don't have that kind of talent to claim heading into this season.

Stay Calm and Go Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by otf View Post
    Your points showed you didn't know what you were talking about for example...

1. How is playing in 8 games, getting 15 tackles & 3 sacks "excellent"? Seymour wasn't even on the field the last half of the year and it was no coincidence defense improved when he was done for the season. Go watch NFL rewind and you will see a much improved Raider defense with him and McClain on the bench.
    2. Here is the real deal on McClain ---> http://www.raiders1.ninjagoro.com/20...m-2011-season/

Furthermore watch the video below and you see on the second run below, perfect defense called, McClain shoots the gap and runs right past the RB allowing him to go for big yards. There are MANY examples of McClain doing the same thing he is overrated if anything!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...tin-highlights

You have no wr, qb, secondary, d line is average at best, Mcfadden always plays on one leg. I just don't understand how you think your team is legit this year, atleast when I know the Chiefs aren't legit I try to tell it like it is (see my sig), you are the one that is in serious denial.

You will pick one or two next year in the draft, I don't think there is another team with the exception of maybe Jax that has less talent than the Raiders do.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    The Kansas City Chiefs will have a top 3 defensive backfield, #1 rushing attack from a year ago, the best OT tandem in the league, the best LB corp in the league, 2/3 of the D-line were drafted in the top 15 overall. TWO first round picks at wideout, and a suddenly above average QB in an offensive system that consistently ranked in the top half of the league in Philly.

WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT??? I promise that the other 11 teams that will make the playoffs this season don't have that kind of talent to claim heading into this season.

Stay Calm and Go Chiefs

I am late responding to this, but until you get a franchise quarterback your drought will continue. It doesn't matter if you have this or that guy, a franchise quarterback is a necessity in the NFL and until the Chiefs prove they have that franchise guy I will continue to be pessimistic, and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    You have no wr, qb, secondary, d line is average at best, Mcfadden always plays on one leg. I just don't understand how you think your team is legit this year, atleast when I know the Chiefs aren't legit I try to tell it like it is
    Sounds great, but with everything you mentioned above and we were in worse shape last year and swept your "talented" team. 1-5 against KC in last 6 games and swept KC 2 out of last 3 years, this is how it is (reality).

You will pick one or two next year in the draft
    This is exactly what I was telling Chief fans last year when they were talking about how talented they were. Do I think the Raiders are SB contenders? Nope but they are closer than KC and San Diego at this point. With that said everyone has a right to an opinion and this is mine as you have yours. At the end of the season one of us will be right and the other will be wrong... time will tell. I do believe in the very near future it will be Oak & KC battling for the top spot because Manning can't play for ever and SD is on the way down.

I enjoy the discussion but I am going to leave this one alone as not to offend some here.
    Last edited by otf; 06-27-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Sounds great, but with everything you mentioned above and we were in worse shape last year and swept your "talented" team. 1-5 against KC in last 6 games and swept KC 2 out of last 3 years, this is how it is (reality).

This is exactly what I was telling Chief fans last year when they were talking about how talented they were. Do I think the Raiders are SB contenders? Nope but they are closer than KC and San Diego at this point. With that said everyone has a right to an opinion and this is mine as you have yours. At the end of the season one of us will be right and the other will be wrong... time will tell. I do believe in the very near future it will be Oak & KC battling for the top spot because Manning can't play for ever and SD is on the way down.

I enjoy the discussion but I am going to leave this one alone as not to offend some here.
    Eh.....Raiders are in a full rebuild mode right now. They dropped all those bad contracts that Al Davis made. If all the new people they hired last year do a good job, the raiders could be back to a contender, but it's going to take awhile.

I predicted the Chiefs to finish 6-10 in 2012 and finish last in the division. I am not a believer in Alex Smith and do not think he will take us anywhere. I am realistic, you also need to be as well. The Raiders will be awful this year, I am just saying I have never seen a roster with such little talent. No offensive production and the defense is mediocre at best.

We still have 99% of the talent that we had last year and have MUCH BETTER coaching if you call what we had last year a coaching staff. Some of the talent you guys have left. You have a QB who is going into his 1st season as a starter. We have a QB who the last couple of years has been right with the best. Nearly a winning % of 75% I don't think you can say you're closer to a superbowl then us. We fired our biggest weakness last year in Romeo Crennel and replaced him with a head coach who has been to the playoffs many times and has many wins in the playoffs. Our talent is no longer going to be hampered by one of the worst Head coaches in the history of the NFL.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I am late responding to this, but until you get a franchise quarterback your drought will continue. It doesn't matter if you have this or that guy, a franchise quarterback is a necessity in the NFL and until the Chiefs prove they have that franchise guy I will continue to be pessimistic, and rightfully so.
    Here's a little fun fact that I'm sure you will love

Superbowl wins
    Trent Dilfer (game manager) 1
    Peyton Manning 1

Get the right QB for your team you can win
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post

Superbowl wins
    Peyton Manning 1

You realize you're arguing with someone who thinks Geno Smith is a franchise QB worth the #1 overall pick, right? The same Geno Smith who can't even challenge Mark (the worst QB in the league) Sanchez for the starting spot in NY. Myman's QB evals are not to be taken seriously.

Superbowl wins
    Trent Dilfer (game manager/had the best D in the league) 1
    Peyton Manning 1

FTFY

Surprised you didn't add TB's QB when they won it, sad when you can't name the QB but can name a bunch of D players (Barber, Rice, Lynch, Sapp, brooks)
    Last edited by doobs_05; 06-28-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Superbowl wins
    Peyton Manning 1

That's great. The one example you can think of in recent memory is 13 years ago. Brad Johnson, 10 years ago. It's a quarterback league now.

Got anything recent? Didn't think so.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast