Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 128

Thread: Chiefs Pessimism

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,762
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 51

    Default Chiefs Pessimism


    2 Not allowed!
    The Kansas City Chiefs will have a top 3 defensive backfield, #1 rushing attack from a year ago, the best OT tandem in the league, the best LB corp in the league, 2/3 of the D-line were drafted in the top 15 overall. TWO first round picks at wideout, and a suddenly above average QB in an offensive system that consistently ranked in the top half of the league in Philly.

    WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT??? I promise that the other 11 teams that will make the playoffs this season don't have that kind of talent to claim heading into this season.




    Stay Calm and Go Chiefs

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Location
    tucson
    Posts
    1,771
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    But proclaiming we will do good/great (like EVERY F'ING YEAR) is the best approach, because, you know, we'll be right once and we can go around "I always knew we would win this year". And yes i should of been more clear and said preseason games.
    Haha!!! That's what P.O.+\|\%|~ mymanhali does in a negative way..lol

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    49ers fan visiting! I check in on you guys kind of as a social experiment to see how your Alex Smith threads/discussions go as time passes. Anyway, here's my projection of your season, if anyone cares.

    1. @JAX. Win. 1-0. I have a hard time believing you guys won't comfortably close this one out on the road. Your defense is definitely more than Gabbert/Henne can handle. 13 points is probably enough to win this contest, and I have a hard time believing you guys score less than that. Chiefs win by 5+

    2. DAL. Loss. 1-1. Dallas is a bipolar team, but they also play in a very competitive division where the divisional games aren't already pre-decided like in some places. They are more balanced on offense and defense, and this is in Dallas. Dallas wins by 7+

    3. @PHI. Loss. 1-2. Chip Kelly will improve this team and they will feature a heavier dose of LeSean McCoy, as well as safer but faster paced offense. Your pass rush is good but Vick is elusive, and this is early enough in the season where he is 100% healthy. Eagles +3.

    4. NYG. Loss. 1-3. The Giants are a tough team and have gotten better at some key positions this offseason, and their D-Line will be healthy at this point. I like David Wilson to compliment the Giants above average passing game. Giants +4

    5. @TEN. Win. 2-3. You have a tough slate to start the season facing the NFC East in a row, with 2 on the road. But, bounce back nicely by killing the hapless Titans. They are almost as bad as the Jaguars, and you win comfortably. Chiefs +7.

    6. OAK. Win. 3-3. Oakland may just be the worst team in the league. Even with Carson Palmer i'd predict a Chiefs win here. Chiefs +10.

    7. HOU. Loss. 3-4. Houston boasts a top 5 defense in the NFL when healthy, and their offense isn't as anemic as people think. I just don't see how Alex Smith will beat a healthy Texans team with his arm, and their D-line and LBs are good enough to take away the running game. Texans +7

    8. CLE. Win. 4-4. Cleveland is a team that will play you tough, but ultimately they just don't have the players to make it happen. I like Brandon Weeden but certainly not as much as Alex Smith. Ultimately you're better at every major skill position, and better on defense. Also, this is in Arrowhead. Chiefs +3

    9. @BUF. Win. 5-4. Motivated to make a late season push and with Denver looming on the horizon, you guys put forth a solid effort and deal with the Bills as one would expect. CJ Spiller is the only real notable player on offense and he really hasn't shown that much outside of a fantasy football setting. Chiefs+3.

    10. @DEN. Loss. 5-5. Second road game in a row, in Denver, and Manning will be better than last year. Hard to imagine you guys land within 14 points of the Broncos in the end. They're just too good. Denver +14.

    11. SD. Win. 6-5. Returning home after a brutal evisceration at the hands of Denver will motivate you guys to bounce back and win a fairly talent-poor Chargers team. If Phillip Rivers returns to form, this would probably be a Chiefs loss, but in order to be playing at as high of a level as he once did, he'd need weapons, and they have none in SD. Chiefs +3

    12. DEN. Loss. 6-6. Same as before. I don't see how you can contend with the Broncos at this point in any location. Broncos +7

    13. @WAS. Loss. 6-7. RG3 and the Redskins (or Redtails? LOL) are a good football team, and looking at how they performed last year, they can compete with any team - tough on offense, tough on defense. Ultimately your offense doesn't have enough to keep pace with the dynamic WCO the Shanahans run. Skins +6

    14. @OAK. Win. 7-7. Massacre, oakland sucks. Chiefs +10

    15. IND. Win. 8-7. Indianapolis is overrated, and a methodical, efficient attack will be enough to overcome them. I expect this to be fairly close, however. Chiefs +2.

    16. @SD. Win. 9-7. This could very EASILY be a loss, but i'm going on the optimistic side for you guys here. Also, i'm betting that Phillip Rivers doesn't return to form and the Chargers stink up the joint this year. Chiefs +3.

    Unfortunately 9-7 is not enough for the post season in the AFC, as you'll have:
    DEN, NE, HOU, PIT, BAL, and either IND or CIN in the playoffs.

    Good luck!
    Die hard 49ers fan! I have no ill-will towards the Chiefs, and would love to see you guys represent the AFC West in the playoffs. Beat the Raiders and Broncos!

  4. #33
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,762
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmatag View Post
    49ers fan visiting! I check in on you guys kind of as a social experiment to see how your Alex Smith threads/discussions go as time passes. Anyway, here's my projection of your season, if anyone cares.

    1. @JAX. Win. 1-0. I have a hard time believing you guys won't comfortably close this one out on the road. Your defense is definitely more than Gabbert/Henne can handle. 13 points is probably enough to win this contest, and I have a hard time believing you guys score less than that. Chiefs win by 5+

    2. DAL. Loss. 1-1. Dallas is a bipolar team, but they also play in a very competitive division where the divisional games aren't already pre-decided like in some places. They are more balanced on offense and defense, and this is in Dallas. Dallas wins by 7+

    This game is at home. There's entirely too much drama in Dallas for them to be good next year. Bill Callahan calling the plays instead of Jason Garrett is a recipe for disaster. There's no way the Chiefs lose the home opener with so much good will being built up this offseason and coming off a win. Even if the rest of the season goes how you say, a 10-win team makes the playoffs.

    3. @PHI. Loss. 1-2. Chip Kelly will improve this team and they will feature a heavier dose of LeSean McCoy, as well as safer but faster paced offense. Your pass rush is good but Vick is elusive, and this is early enough in the season where he is 100% healthy. Eagles +3.

    The Reid and A. Smith effect on the Chiefs will be worth more to this team than Chip Kelly will be worth for Philly. The Chiefs have a better overall roster and Reid will be out to prove a point back in Philly.

    4. NYG. Loss. 1-3. The Giants are a tough team and have gotten better at some key positions this offseason, and their D-Line will be healthy at this point. I like David Wilson to compliment the Giants above average passing game. Giants +4

    5. @TEN. Win. 2-3. You have a tough slate to start the season facing the NFC East in a row, with 2 on the road. But, bounce back nicely by killing the hapless Titans. They are almost as bad as the Jaguars, and you win comfortably. Chiefs +7.

    6. OAK. Win. 3-3. Oakland may just be the worst team in the league. Even with Carson Palmer i'd predict a Chiefs win here. Chiefs +10.

    7. HOU. Loss. 3-4. Houston boasts a top 5 defense in the NFL when healthy, and their offense isn't as anemic as people think. I just don't see how Alex Smith will beat a healthy Texans team with his arm, and their D-line and LBs are good enough to take away the running game. Texans +7

    8. CLE. Win. 4-4. Cleveland is a team that will play you tough, but ultimately they just don't have the players to make it happen. I like Brandon Weeden but certainly not as much as Alex Smith. Ultimately you're better at every major skill position, and better on defense. Also, this is in Arrowhead. Chiefs +3

    9. @BUF. Win. 5-4. Motivated to make a late season push and with Denver looming on the horizon, you guys put forth a solid effort and deal with the Bills as one would expect. CJ Spiller is the only real notable player on offense and he really hasn't shown that much outside of a fantasy football setting. Chiefs+3.

    10. @DEN. Loss. 5-5. Second road game in a row, in Denver, and Manning will be better than last year. Hard to imagine you guys land within 14 points of the Broncos in the end. They're just too good. Denver +14.

    11. SD. Win. 6-5. Returning home after a brutal evisceration at the hands of Denver will motivate you guys to bounce back and win a fairly talent-poor Chargers team. If Phillip Rivers returns to form, this would probably be a Chiefs loss, but in order to be playing at as high of a level as he once did, he'd need weapons, and they have none in SD. Chiefs +3

    12. DEN. Loss. 6-6. Same as before. I don't see how you can contend with the Broncos at this point in any location. Broncos +7

    13. @WAS. Loss. 6-7. RG3 and the Redskins (or Redtails? LOL) are a good football team, and looking at how they performed last year, they can compete with any team - tough on offense, tough on defense. Ultimately your offense doesn't have enough to keep pace with the dynamic WCO the Shanahans run. Skins +6

    I think this game depends on who's under center for Washington.

    14. @OAK. Win. 7-7. Massacre, oakland sucks. Chiefs +10

    15. IND. Win. 8-7. Indianapolis is overrated, and a methodical, efficient attack will be enough to overcome them. I expect this to be fairly close, however. Chiefs +2.

    Toss-up

    16. @SD. Win. 9-7. This could very EASILY be a loss, but i'm going on the optimistic side for you guys here. Also, i'm betting that Phillip Rivers doesn't return to form and the Chargers stink up the joint this year. Chiefs +3.

    Unfortunately 9-7 is not enough for the post season in the AFC, as you'll have:
    DEN, NE, HOU, PIT, BAL, and either IND or CIN in the playoffs.

    Good luck!
    Of course all of this is on paper, but I truly think this team will fall somewhere around 9-12 wins.

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,601
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 120

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmatag View Post


    6. OAK. Win. 3-3. Oakland may just be the worst team in the league. Even with Carson Palmer i'd predict a Chiefs win here. Chiefs +10.







    14. @OAK. Win. 7-7. Massacre, oakland sucks. Chiefs +10


    !
    since 2010, we are 1-5 against oakland.....just saying.

  6. #35
    Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Of course all of this is on paper, but I truly think this team will fall somewhere around 9-12 wins.
    Some of those games are hard to predict. I stand by my assertion that the Cowboys win week 2. Additionally, you may beat the Eagles, but you also may lose to the Colts or Chargers (once). While the game-to-game analysis may not shake out, 9 wins does sound about right.

    Good luck though. 10 wins should land you a wildcard spot IF you beat the Colts.
    Die hard 49ers fan! I have no ill-will towards the Chiefs, and would love to see you guys represent the AFC West in the playoffs. Beat the Raiders and Broncos!

  7. #36
    Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    since 2010, we are 1-5 against oakland.....just saying.
    Yeah but Oakland has become significantly worse over this last season and the Chiefs have greatly improved. Losing to Oakland at any point this season means a losing season for the Chiefs, you heard it here first. I hope that doesn't happen.
    Die hard 49ers fan! I have no ill-will towards the Chiefs, and would love to see you guys represent the AFC West in the playoffs. Beat the Raiders and Broncos!

  8. #37
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    626
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 76

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmatag View Post
    Yeah but Oakland has become significantly worse over this last season and the Chiefs have greatly improved. Losing to Oakland at any point this season means a losing season for the Chiefs, you heard it here first. I hope that doesn't happen.
    Amen to that I need to recoup some of last years losses in these Oakland games bets with my buddy an oak fan

  9. #38
    Member Since
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmatag View Post
    Yeah but Oakland has become significantly worse over this last season and the Chiefs have greatly improved. Losing to Oakland at any point this season means a losing season for the Chiefs, you heard it here first. I hope that doesn't happen.
    How so? Evidently you do not follow Oakland enough so here is what has transpired in Oakland.

    1. Lost Seymour, Kelly & Bryant. Seymour & Kelly haven't done jack in 2 years and once both had their time on the field reduced or eliminated all together (last 4 games of 2012) Oakland defense improved leaps and bounds. Bryant was replaced with Vance Walker, equal performance at a fraction of the price he would have cost to keep.

    2. Lost Wheeler & McClain. While Wheeler performed we replaced him with Burnett who was just as good and cost less. McClain was garbage and when he was replaced with Gaither (last 4 games of 2012) defense gave up one run of more than 20 yards and that was to Cam Newton on a pass play. Since then we have added Roach, Burnett & Sio Moore who are all as good if not better than who we had last year.

    3. Last year our secondary was horrible with injuries to Spencer & Bartell so most of the year we were playing Huff who is an average safety at CB. The only player in our secondary that deserves to be starting in the NFL for us last year was Branch. We have improved big time with the addition of Woodson, Porter, Jenkins & Hayden.

    4. Offense we lost Palmer but if not for Palmer might have been 6-0 against KC since 2010. Palmer is a turnover machine who cost us several games last year. Have we upgraded? Maybe but as long as our new QBs don't turn the ball over like Palmer we will be fine.

    5. Oline is moving back to the system that allowed us to be top 10 rushing in 2010 & 2011. Gone is Knapp and his crapp play calling which limited our best weapon in McFadden. In case you don't remember as bad as our running game was last year McFadden still had good performances against the Chiefs.

    So where have we gotten significantly worse? Every thing we "lost" is actually an improvement...

  10. #39
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,778
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by otf View Post
    How so? Evidently you do not follow Oakland enough so here is what has transpired in Oakland.

    1. Lost Seymour, Kelly & Bryant. Seymour & Kelly haven't done jack in 2 years and once both had their time on the field reduced or eliminated all together (last 4 games of 2012) Oakland defense improved leaps and bounds. Bryant was replaced with Vance Walker, equal performance at a fraction of the price he would have cost to keep.

    2. Lost Wheeler & McClain. While Wheeler performed we replaced him with Burnett who was just as good and cost less. McClain was garbage and when he was replaced with Gaither (last 4 games of 2012) defense gave up one run of more than 20 yards and that was to Cam Newton on a pass play. Since then we have added Roach, Burnett & Sio Moore who are all as good if not better than who we had last year.

    3. Last year our secondary was horrible with injuries to Spencer & Bartell so most of the year we were playing Huff who is an average safety at CB. The only player in our secondary that deserves to be starting in the NFL for us last year was Branch. We have improved big time with the addition of Woodson, Porter, Jenkins & Hayden.

    4. Offense we lost Palmer but if not for Palmer might have been 6-0 against KC since 2010. Palmer is a turnover machine who cost us several games last year. Have we upgraded? Maybe but as long as our new QBs don't turn the ball over like Palmer we will be fine.

    5. Oline is moving back to the system that allowed us to be top 10 rushing in 2010 & 2011. Gone is Knapp and his crapp play calling which limited our best weapon in McFadden. In case you don't remember as bad as our running game was last year McFadden still had good performances against the Chiefs.

    So where have we gotten significantly worse? Every thing we "lost" is actually an improvement...

    You can't win without a quarterback and what exactly has Matt Flynn accomplished exactly except for joining a team with as bad a run with QBs as we have had.

  11. #40
    Member Since
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    You can't win without a quarterback and what exactly has Matt Flynn accomplished exactly except for joining a team with as bad a run with QBs as we have had.
    If you can't win without a QB then there is reason for great pessimism in KC because Alex Smith is not the answer . Flynn played much better in his two starts against playoff teams than Alex Smith has EVER looked.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •