Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 128

Thread: Chiefs Pessimism

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default Chiefs Pessimism


    2 Not allowed!
    The Kansas City Chiefs will have a top 3 defensive backfield, #1 rushing attack from a year ago, the best OT tandem in the league, the best LB corp in the league, 2/3 of the D-line were drafted in the top 15 overall. TWO first round picks at wideout, and a suddenly above average QB in an offensive system that consistently ranked in the top half of the league in Philly.

    WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT??? I promise that the other 11 teams that will make the playoffs this season don't have that kind of talent to claim heading into this season.




    Stay Calm and Go Chiefs

  2. #71
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Also, you do realize Mark Sanchez has had a better career than Alex Smith dont you? How can I take Alex Smith seriously?
    lol. oh, you.

  3. #72
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,202
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 700

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Also, you do realize Mark Sanchez has had a better career than Alex Smith dont you? How can I take Alex Smith seriously?
    ....weak...

    Lemme guess, he should be traded immeadiately for Kyle Orton?

  4. #73
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    MORE BS

    Smith career Rating is higher then Sanchez and Smith has thrown 18 more tds then he has Ints while Sanchez has thrown 1 more pick then tds. And Sanchez came into a MUCH better team then Smith did with a MUCH better coach. But nice try

    He has had the better career. Sanchez has thrown for more yards per season, touchdowns and has more playoff wins.

    Truth hurts.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 06-30-2013 at 01:36 PM.

  5. #74
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    ....weak...

    Lemme guess, he should be traded immeadiately for Kyle Orton?

    Well, let's look back to the 2012 season. Would you of rather had Cassel or Orton under center?

    Think about it.

  6. #75
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Sanchez has never finished a season higher than 23rd in QBR. Ranking 28, 27, 23, and 31 since 2009. Over that same time span, Alex Smith ranked 19, 21, 9, and 12. This is a very QB specific stat. You like to take Alex Smith's accomplishments away because of who surrounded him. Fine. But you have to do the same thing for Mark. This is a stand alone stat that is designed specifically to judge the play of a QB.

    But I'm sure this stat somehow isn't important because it kills your argument.

  7. #76
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Sanchez has never finished a season higher than 23rd in QBR. Ranking 28, 27, 23, and 31 since 2009. Over that same time span, Alex Smith ranked 19, 21, 9, and 12. This is a very QB specific stat. You like to take Alex Smith's accomplishments away because of who surrounded him. Fine. But you have to do the same thing for Mark. This is a stand alone stat that is designed specifically to judge the play of a QB.

    But I'm sure this stat somehow isn't important because it kills your argument.

    I would somewhat agree with that, but to be fair you would have to compare their first 4 seasons in the NFL. But do you know what is sad? You are actually having to disprove that our starting quarterback is better than Mark Sanchez.

    This is going to be a very long year.


    Edit: Where are you getting your stats? QBR Rankings. This definitely isn't good:

    09- 22nd
    10- 28th
    11- 22nd
    12 (Half of the year)- 7th


    http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr
    Last edited by MyManHali; 06-30-2013 at 04:17 PM.

  8. #77
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,583
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 381
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    He has had the better career. Sanchez has thrown for more yards per season, touchdowns and has more playoff wins.

    Truth hurts.
    Ya forget that Sanchez has thrown more INTS then Tds and a worse QB rating hes throw for more YARDS Really? And you tell me whats a better situation Rex ryan or Mike nolan/singletary and who had a better team around them Sanchez his rookie year or Smith

    Stop just stop

  9. #78
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,583
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 381
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Sanchez has never finished a season higher than 23rd in QBR. Ranking 28, 27, 23, and 31 since 2009. Over that same time span, Alex Smith ranked 19, 21, 9, and 12. This is a very QB specific stat. You like to take Alex Smith's accomplishments away because of who surrounded him. Fine. But you have to do the same thing for Mark. This is a stand alone stat that is designed specifically to judge the play of a QB.

    But I'm sure this stat somehow isn't important because it kills your argument.

    BUT BUT you no you can't hold the guys that Myman likes to the same standard as the guys he doesn't like that's just not fair

  10. #79
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,583
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 381
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    I would somewhat agree with that, but to be fair you would have to compare their first 4 seasons in the NFL. But do you know what is sad? You are actually having to disprove that our starting quarterback is better than Mark Sanchez.

    This is going to be a very long year.


    Edit: Where are you getting your stats? QBR Rankings. This definitely isn't good:

    09- 22nd
    10- 28th
    11- 22nd
    12 (Half of the year)- 7th


    http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr
    Smith would've been much higher in 2011 if it were not for sacks. The 2011 niners O line was pretty bad look at every other number there much higher then some of the guys above him just look that PAss EPA Smith ranks higher there then
    1. Dalton
    2. Your boy Orton
    3.Fitzpatrick
    4.Cassel
    5. Flacco
    6, Cutler
    7. Vick
    8. Schaub

    I don't know about you but I put alot more stock in Passing EPA for a qb then sacks given a lot of which is the O lines fault not the QBs. I have never known 1 QB that told his O line not to block To prove this point the niners ranked 20th in total offensive line rankings but they were 26th in the passing game some of those sacks were no doubt on the QB but not all.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-lines-part-1/
    Last edited by matthewschiefs; 06-30-2013 at 05:14 PM.

  11. #80
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,148
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 569
    Given: 757

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Bottom line is that NO team in the NFL would have taken any QB in the 2013 draft over Joeckel or Fisher at the #1 overall pick. Dion Jordan was not a need player with Hali and Houston as the starters, they needed depth and decided to go with Catapano in round 7 to try to address that. Tyler Bray would have been taken by someone in rounds 2-4, if it were not for the off-the-field issues & he may wind being just like Burfict when it's all said and done.

    Not sure where people get the mindset that the Chiefs had to take a QB at #1, especially with the Alex Smith deal having been done. It makes more sense to go after a developmental type QB like Bray later on, rather than waste the #1 overall pick on a QB, and instead take the best O-Line prospect that Mike Mayock had rated as the best player in the draft. Common sense, I would think.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •