Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Pessimism

Default Chiefs Pessimism

The Kansas City Chiefs will have a top 3 defensive backfield, #1 rushing attack from a year ago, the best OT tandem in the league, the best LB corp in the league, 2/3 of the D-line were drafted in the top 15 overall. TWO first round picks at wideout, and a suddenly above average QB in an offensive system that consistently ranked in the top half of the league in Philly.

WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT??? I promise that the other 11 teams that will make the playoffs this season don't have that kind of talent to claim heading into this season.

Stay Calm and Go Chiefs

Well, it looks good on paper. But, as we learned the hard way last year, games are won on the football field. Last year, the stinking ball wouldn't even take the right bounce. Maybe though, what happened last year may be a blessing in disguise to get the new regime in place & to draft the type of man like Eric Fisher in 2013.

Personally, I'm cautiously optimistic for the 2013.

I'm trying to temper my expectations, but I am really excited to watch our new Andy Reid offense.

I'm ready to pee my pants over here with excitement, when do we actually get to see these guys play?

I have to agree with you all. I am so excited to see these guys play because it seems so good to hear how good they are on paper. At the same time, I am setting my expectations lower just so I will not be so upset when things do not work out. I do not expect to see things happen very quickly in the first part of the season, but I do hope for wins there after.

Meh, the offensive line does look impressive but our DL is incredibly underwhelming. Our linebacker opposite of DJ is not known and our only skilled players on the offensive side of the ball are Bowe and Charles. Offensively we shouldn't be much better then we were last year and we have a potentially awful secondary. If Smith is your qb you can't allow the opposing team to put up a lot of points on the board. We're going to have to have a boss D to win games.

Meh, we hyped up 2011, we hyped up 2012, now we're trying to hype up 2013. Wait for a few games to be played.

Cautiously optimistic for success this season.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Meh, we hyped up 2011, we hyped up 2012, now we're trying to hype up 2013. Wait for a few games to be played.
    I get hyped up every season. Thats part of the fun!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Meh, the offensive line does look impressive but our DL is incredibly underwhelming. Our linebacker opposite of DJ is not known and our only skilled players on the offensive side of the ball are Bowe and Charles. Offensively we shouldn't be much better then we were last year and we have a potentially awful secondary. If Smith is your qb you can't allow the opposing team to put up a lot of points on the board. We're going to have to have a boss D to win games.
    Can't wait to hear the laundry list of other things to complain about when September rolls around and neither of those statements come true.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast