Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Pessimism

Default Chiefs Pessimism

The Kansas City Chiefs will have a top 3 defensive backfield, #1 rushing attack from a year ago, the best OT tandem in the league, the best LB corp in the league, 2/3 of the D-line were drafted in the top 15 overall. TWO first round picks at wideout, and a suddenly above average QB in an offensive system that consistently ranked in the top half of the league in Philly.

WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT??? I promise that the other 11 teams that will make the playoffs this season don't have that kind of talent to claim heading into this season.

Stay Calm and Go Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by otf View Post
    If you can't win without a QB then there is reason for great pessimism in KC because Alex Smith is not the answer . Flynn played much better in his two starts against playoff teams than Alex Smith has EVER looked.

Alex actually WON a playoff game and didn't just "look good" against them. I can't believe Raider nation is buying into the Flynn hype... oh wait... yes I can. If you think you actually upgraded over Palmer with Flynn, you've got some serious disappointment headed your way there, hoss.

How so? Evidently you do not follow Oakland enough so here is what has transpired in Oakland.

1. Lost Seymour, Kelly & Bryant. Seymour & Kelly haven't done jack in 2 years and once both had their time on the field reduced or eliminated all together (last 4 games of 2012) Oakland defense improved leaps and bounds. Bryant was replaced with Vance Walker, equal performance at a fraction of the price he would have cost to keep.

2. Lost Wheeler & McClain. While Wheeler performed we replaced him with Burnett who was just as good and cost less. McClain was garbage and when he was replaced with Gaither (last 4 games of 2012) defense gave up one run of more than 20 yards and that was to Cam Newton on a pass play. Since then we have added Roach, Burnett & Sio Moore who are all as good if not better than who we had last year.

3. Last year our secondary was horrible with injuries to Spencer & Bartell so most of the year we were playing Huff who is an average safety at CB. The only player in our secondary that deserves to be starting in the NFL for us last year was Branch. We have improved big time with the addition of Woodson, Porter, Jenkins & Hayden.

4. Offense we lost Palmer but if not for Palmer might have been 6-0 against KC since 2010. Palmer is a turnover machine who cost us several games last year. Have we upgraded? Maybe but as long as our new QBs don't turn the ball over like Palmer we will be fine.

5. Oline is moving back to the system that allowed us to be top 10 rushing in 2010 & 2011. Gone is Knapp and his crapp play calling which limited our best weapon in McFadden. In case you don't remember as bad as our running game was last year McFadden still had good performances against the Chiefs.

So where have we gotten significantly worse? Every thing we "lost" is actually an improvement...

Oakland is a better team whether the pundits and raider haters want to admit it or not, it might take a bit to gel together but they are heading in the right direction, we might be a little ahead of them on the reload but I look forward to the day the Chiefs and raiders are at the top of the AFCW again, though I really enjoy watching Manning make a first round playoff exit.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Oakland is a better team whether the pundits and raider haters want to admit it or not, it might take a bit to gel together but they are heading in the right direction, we might be a little ahead of them on the reload but I look forward to the day the Chiefs and raiders are at the top of the AFCW again, though I really enjoy watching Manning make a first round playoff exit.
    Yup! You never, EVER underestimate your opponent.

How so? Evidently you do not follow Oakland enough so here is what has transpired in Oakland.

1. Lost Seymour, Kelly & Bryant. Seymour & Kelly haven't done jack in 2 years and once both had their time on the field reduced or eliminated all together (last 4 games of 2012) Oakland defense improved leaps and bounds. Bryant was replaced with Vance Walker, equal performance at a fraction of the price he would have cost to keep.

2. Lost Wheeler & McClain. While Wheeler performed we replaced him with Burnett who was just as good and cost less. McClain was garbage and when he was replaced with Gaither (last 4 games of 2012) defense gave up one run of more than 20 yards and that was to Cam Newton on a pass play. Since then we have added Roach, Burnett & Sio Moore who are all as good if not better than who we had last year.

3. Last year our secondary was horrible with injuries to Spencer & Bartell so most of the year we were playing Huff who is an average safety at CB. The only player in our secondary that deserves to be starting in the NFL for us last year was Branch. We have improved big time with the addition of Woodson, Porter, Jenkins & Hayden.

4. Offense we lost Palmer but if not for Palmer might have been 6-0 against KC since 2010. Palmer is a turnover machine who cost us several games last year. Have we upgraded? Maybe but as long as our new QBs don't turn the ball over like Palmer we will be fine.

5. Oline is moving back to the system that allowed us to be top 10 rushing in 2010 & 2011. Gone is Knapp and his crapp play calling which limited our best weapon in McFadden. In case you don't remember as bad as our running game was last year McFadden still had good performances against the Chiefs.

So where have we gotten significantly worse? Every thing we "lost" is actually an improvement...
    1. You lost these players and didn't replace them. Also Seymore was excellent for you guys and a good player. He will be missed on your d line.

2. You undervalue McClain July because he's gone. You have scrub MLBs and it'll show when you rank near last if not last against the run this year. Bet on it.

3. Sorry but Woodson is on the tail end of his career and no one would sign him. Remember him goin to the press asking to play in SF? You rattle off aging players and no names as your marquee squad. Lol. Your pass D will look good though because everyone will be trouncing you to the tune of 200 rush ypg.

4. Palmer is a good QB and was so far from the problem in Oakland it's not even funny. You also didn't mention the lost receivers. McFadden has one foot in the grave. He will not play even 14 games this next season.

Where have you gotten significantly worse? Across the damn board.

PS did you improve in areas that sorely needed it? K that's what I thought.
    Die hard 49ers fan! I have no ill-will towards the Chiefs, and would love to see you guys represent the AFC West in the playoffs. Beat the Raiders and Broncos!

Quote Originally Posted by Marmatag View Post
    1. You lost these players and didn't replace them. Also Seymore was excellent for you guys and a good player. He will be missed on your d line.

2. You undervalue McClain July because he's gone. You have scrub MLBs and it'll show when you rank near last if not last against the run this year. Bet on it.

3. Sorry but Woodson is on the tail end of his career and no one would sign him. Remember him goin to the press asking to play in SF? You rattle off aging players and no names as your marquee squad. Lol. Your pass D will look good though because everyone will be trouncing you to the tune of 200 rush ypg.

4. Palmer is a good QB and was so far from the problem in Oakland it's not even funny. You also didn't mention the lost receivers. McFadden has one foot in the grave. He will not play even 14 games this next season.

Where have you gotten significantly worse? Across the damn board.

PS did you improve in areas that sorely needed it? K that's what I thought.

So i take it when you weren't watching SF play, you watch Oakland play, and you followed Oakland as a second team?

The Raiders are the worst team in professional football. I didn't know a team could be so bad, OTF your team will pick first next year.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    The Raiders are the worst team in professional football. I didn't know a team could be so bad, OTF your team will pick first next year.
    So how does your team rank being 1-5 vs "the worst team in professional football" in the last 6 games? Not only that but you have picked before the Raiders in every draft since 2007 except one. One out of six games says Chiefs are worse than Oakland and one out of six seasons proves the Chiefs are worse than the Raiders. If you don't see that you are in denial...
    Last edited by otf; 06-26-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    So i take it when you weren't watching SF play, you watch Oakland play, and you followed Oakland as a second team?
    i have the full subscription to game rewind. I can watch games in 20 to 25 minutes. Also, living in the Bay Area, I have to watch the raiders when they're not blacked the eff out.

My points all Stand. Kthx
    Die hard 49ers fan! I have no ill-will towards the Chiefs, and would love to see you guys represent the AFC West in the playoffs. Beat the Raiders and Broncos!

i have the full subscription to game rewind. I can watch games in 20 to 25 minutes. Also, living in the Bay Area, I have to watch the raiders when they're not blacked the eff out.

My points all Stand. Kthx
    Your points showed you didn't know what you were talking about for example...

1. How is playing in 8 games, getting 15 tackles & 3 sacks "excellent"? Seymour wasn't even on the field the last half of the year and it was no coincidence defense improved when he was done for the season. Go watch NFL rewind and you will see a much improved Raider defense with him and McClain on the bench.
    2. Here is the real deal on McClain ---> http://www.raiders1.ninjagoro.com/20...m-2011-season/

Furthermore watch the video below and you see on the second run below, perfect defense called, McClain shoots the gap and runs right past the RB allowing him to go for big yards. There are MANY examples of McClain doing the same thing he is overrated if anything!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...tin-highlights

So how does your team rank being 1-5 vs "the worst team in professional football" in the last 6 games? Not only that but you have picked before the Raiders in every draft since 2007 except one. One out of six games says Chiefs are worse than Oakland and one out of six seasons proves the Chiefs are worse than the Raiders. If you don't see that you are in denial...

You aren't familiar with my posts here, are you? I am not a believer in our new quarterback, in fact I don't think we are better than our 2010 squad. But from a talent standpoint, the Raiders are among the worst in the league.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast