Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Pessimism

Default Chiefs Pessimism

The Kansas City Chiefs will have a top 3 defensive backfield, #1 rushing attack from a year ago, the best OT tandem in the league, the best LB corp in the league, 2/3 of the D-line were drafted in the top 15 overall. TWO first round picks at wideout, and a suddenly above average QB in an offensive system that consistently ranked in the top half of the league in Philly.

WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT??? I promise that the other 11 teams that will make the playoffs this season don't have that kind of talent to claim heading into this season.

Stay Calm and Go Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Bottom line is that NO team in the NFL would have taken any QB in the 2013 draft over Joeckel or Fisher at the #1 overall pick. Dion Jordan was not a need player with Hali and Houston as the starters, they needed depth and decided to go with Catapano in round 7 to try to address that. Tyler Bray would have been taken by someone in rounds 2-4, if it were not for the off-the-field issues & he may wind being just like Burfict when it's all said and done.

Not sure where people get the mindset that the Chiefs had to take a QB at #1, especially with the Alex Smith deal having been done. It makes more sense to go after a developmental type QB like Bray later on, rather than waste the #1 overall pick on a QB, and instead take the best O-Line prospect that Mike Mayock had rated as the best player in the draft. Common sense, I would think.
    BUT BUT BUT you can't win without drafting a 1st round qb forget the fact that so many teams have done so that doesn't matter you can't win without drafting a 1st round QB lol
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Smith would've been much higher in 2011 if it were not for sacks. The 2011 niners O line was pretty bad look at every other number there much higher then some of the guys above him just look that PAss EPA Smith ranks higher there then
    1. Dalton
    2. Your boy Orton
    3.Fitzpatrick
    4.Cassel
    5. Flacco
    6, Cutler
    7. Vick
    8. Schaub

I don't know about you but I put alot more stock in Passing EPA for a qb then sacks given a lot of which is the O lines fault not the QBs. I have never known 1 QB that told his O line not to block To prove this point the niners ranked 20th in total offensive line rankings but they were 26th in the passing game some of those sacks were no doubt on the QB but not all.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-lines-part-1/

I disagree. The 49ers had the 7th best pass blocking offensive line in 2012. Kaepernick was only sacked 16 times. In the same number of pass attempts Alex Smith was sacked 24 times.

http://i.imgur.com/7XFEZka.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    I disagree. The 49ers had the 7th best pass blocking offensive line in 2012. Kaepernick was only sacked 16 times. In the same number of pass attempts Alex Smith was sacked 24 times.

http://i.imgur.com/7XFEZka.jpg
    It makes since the sack totals would be better for Kapernick he's much more of a running qb then Smith so he was able to avoid some sacks and extend the play more then Smith But I still put more stock in numbers regarding passing for a QB then sacks allowed as I stated sacks are most the time more on the O line then the QB. Some QBs are able to get out of sacks more then others so it looks better on the O Line.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

If I remember correctly one of the requirements that TexasChief had for Alex Smith was that he would throw for 25 touchdowns this season. Since you are a believer in Smith, TexasChief, are you willing to do a loser leaves the board for a year? Let's make it interesting. 25 touchdowns and I leave the board, fewer than 25 you leave the board.

Man up.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 06-30-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Lets sweeten the deal 1 td pass from Alex and you leave the board my man...

OR

We could all just shut the F up about it until the team gets on the field and does something, instead of hyping or derailing the team

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    OR

We could all just shut the F up about it until the team gets on the field and does something, instead of hyping or derailing the team

Then no one would post!

Then no one would post!
    .....well then....

But in reality, i like the fact this forum is not a full on "This is our Year" every year, but i would like to see you guys do some bets, maybe AV or sig bets would be nice. And no hiding and not posting if you lose, man up.

Then no one would post!
    Posting is one thing going ON AND ON AND ON about 1 of the 53 guys on the team is anther. Bashing the QB before he has played one down for this team is just silly as is making bets right now. We have nothing to base an opinion on now after camp and some preseason games then we would be in more of a position to judge although preseason can't be use preseason to judge completely either as we saw by the 1st preseason last year
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

If I remember correctly one of the requirements that TexasChief had for Alex Smith was that he would throw for 25 touchdowns this season. Since you are a believer in Smith, TexasChief, are you willing to do a loser leaves the board for a year? Let's make it interesting. 25 touchdowns and I leave the board, fewer than 25 you leave the board.

Man up.
    Done.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast