Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Pessimism

Default Chiefs Pessimism

The Kansas City Chiefs will have a top 3 defensive backfield, #1 rushing attack from a year ago, the best OT tandem in the league, the best LB corp in the league, 2/3 of the D-line were drafted in the top 15 overall. TWO first round picks at wideout, and a suddenly above average QB in an offensive system that consistently ranked in the top half of the league in Philly.

WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT??? I promise that the other 11 teams that will make the playoffs this season don't have that kind of talent to claim heading into this season.

Stay Calm and Go Chiefs

The many years of following Liverpool FC have ensured that I'm a pessimist. When it comes to my sports teams its always now hope rather than expectation.

Ive been let down too many times to count with Liverpool so I always find having low expectations eases the disappointment and anything good is a positive surprise.

I was quite optimistic about the Chiefs under Crennel last year and we all know how that season turned out. I'm looking forward to the new season and a solid 7-9/8-8 season would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Me Too! Cheers. Not gonna set my expectations low then feel good about hitting the mark. We kicked out all the bums. We have good players, a good front office now, great coaching with the history to prove it. may or may not go our way, but this organization has done a tremendous job to turn this ship around, and I support them every step of the way!
    Agreed 100%. If you're going to establish a goal, make it a good one. Reid did not come here to make an 8-8 team. My goal for this team is a playoff win. If we accomplished that, it'd be a huge statement in the AFC west and would really shake things up.

Anybody who thought that romeo and the entire staff last year wasn't going to be a bust, was just too loyal for anybody's own good. and god bless ya for it. but they were bums. for the first time in a long time, there's a very good coaching staff here, and it will prove itself out. I do believe it!

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Anybody who thought that romeo and the entire staff last year wasn't going to be a bust, was just too loyal for anybody's own good. and god bless ya for it. but they were bums. for the first time in a long time, there's a very good coaching staff here, and it will prove itself out. I do believe it!
    Guilty as charged! But it was built on the euphoric ending of the previous year. You know, when we "almost" made the playoffs after a fairly dismal season. If Bowe had only caught that pass in his chest......sorry.

It seems that more fans this year are in the "wait and see" ,"show me", or "prove it" mode.

I admit, I've not been in as much fervor as usual this time of year. It's starting to build though. The more I reid about this team (see what I did there?) the more I get excited. I know, they're (writers) good at their jobs. I fully expect this team to win, always will root for that to happen. Expectations can get dashed on the rocks, but should loyalty ever waiver?

The fact that all the coaches and players are talking about how quickly Alex Smith has acclimated to the offense makes my optimism for this next season grow by leaps and bounds. I love the fact that we now have an offensive system that allows the QB to make checks at the line and a QB who is capable of running that type of system. Add on top of that the top rushing attack from a year ago and a defense that boasts multiple pro bowlers and first round picks and it just keeps raising the expectations for this team higher and higher.

Players and coaches say this all the time, sometimes they come out great, sometimes they come out terrible. I'm waiting for a few games in before I make a serious prediction

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Players and coaches say this all the time, sometimes they come out great, sometimes they come out terrible. I'm waiting for a few games in before I make a serious prediction
    A great big THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Good point. I think I'll wait till the season is almost over to make my prediction... you know, since I don't want to risk being wrong and all...
    Last edited by Coach; 06-10-2013 at 07:38 AM. Reason: You know why.

Anything less then playoffs..I'm disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Good point. I think I'll wait till the season is almost over to make my prediction... you know, since I don't want to risk being wrong and all...
    But proclaiming we will do good/great (like EVERY F'ING YEAR) is the best approach, because, you know, we'll be right once and we can go around "I always knew we would win this year". And yes i should of been more clear and said preseason games.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast