Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derrick Johnson Has a new Role

Default Derrick Johnson Has a new Role

They interviewed DJ yesterday and was asked about him blitzing on every play. He then commented and said, well I will continue to line up and cover the TE and go into coverage, but the defense is working on their blitzes packages which he will have a bigger role in.

This to me is great news. I don't seem to recall DJ blitzing at all under Crennel, but I do remember the big hits DJ put on Qb's years ago that completely helped a very poor defense. Over the last two years, I have seen DJ completely destroy the line for losses at very critical times.

I am excited about this news. An attacking defense. Blitzes will be coming from all 4 linebackers instead of just the OLB.

Well, for sure what's been conspicuous, in recent years, by it's absence has been a pass rush.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 05-16-2013 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Well, for sure what's been conspicuous, in recent years, by it's absence has been a pass rush.
    That right there is one of two areas that must improve. The other is PASS-PROTECTION on Offense. Anyone thinking otherwise is only kidding themselves.

We hardly ever b blitz.. about time.. hali isn't a sack guy.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    That right there is one of two areas that must improve. The other is PASS-PROTECTION on Offense. Anyone thinking otherwise is only kidding themselves.
    This, I believe the Chiefs front office has taken significant steps to address.

The first QB I ever saw DJ sack (in a live game i was at) was Alex Smith in the 41-0 beatdown of the 49ers!! (sorry rbedgood) <--not really sorry!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Romeo had some good games, and has his followers, but I never bought into it. Living in Ohio, I have to hear more about the Browns than anybody would care to. He had the same failures here that he had in KC. Inconsistancy. And for the defensive mind he was supposed to be, his defenses never really had a brand. no real image. Like he made up somehting different for every game, and sometimes it worked and sometimes (more than not) it didn't. Not throwing rocks, but soooo glad that's behind us. I like everything I'm hearing right now. Red and Gold!

Romeo who? I'm sorry I erased last season from my memory already

Romeo was good but i think football just passed him up. I didnt like thw bend but dont break. And i want to see dj rush the qb more. I rememberhis colleg
    e highlight tape was full of him sacking the qb. Mr. DJ

A ball-hawking blitz happy machine is exactly what we have needed for some time. Here's to the future development of the best defense in sports.... I hope.
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast