Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins place Green on injured reserve

Default Dolphins place Green on injured reserve

ABC Reports that he is done for the season and perhaps his career.

Associated Press MIAMI -- There will be no comeback this season by Trent Green, leaving the Miami Dolphins with an uncertain quarterback situation yet again.
    Green was placed on injured reserve Saturday, shelving him for the rest of the season following his second severe concussion in 13 months.
    The 37-year-old said he has made no decision about playing next year. A series of test results were normal following the latest injury Oct. 7, but doctors were concerned about possible long-term effects and declined to clear him to play.
    By putting Green on injured reserve, the winless Dolphins freed up a spot on the 53-man roster, which they used to activate receiver Kerry Reed from the practice squad.
    "At this point, this is the best thing for Trent and the team," coach Cam Cameron said in a statement. "The doctors have prescribed rest for now. No long-term decisions regarding Trent's future have been made."
    Green said he understood the Dolphins' need to make a move.
    "I appreciate the way the organization has handled this," he said in a statement. "I realize this is in the best interest of my long-term health, and I want nothing but the best for the team. Right now I haven't made any decisions about my future, but I talked with the Dolphins about staying involved in some capacity the rest of the season."
    Green has been a mentor to rookie John Beck, a second-round draft pick who may soon be given a chance to show whether he's the Dolphins' quarterback of the future. Cleo Lemon will make his third NFL start Sunday for Miami (0-6) against New England (6-0).
    Since the retirement of Dan Marino following the 1999 season, Miami has used 11 starters at the position.
    Green threw to receivers on the side at practice this week. He said he felt fine and had no dizziness or other symptoms associated with concussions, and he wanted to play again.
    But he acknowledged the decision was up to doctors.
    Green considered retirement when a concussion in September 2006 sidelined him for eight games with the Kansas City Chiefs. The effects of the latest injury were less serious, he said, although it left him unconscious for at least 30 seconds.
    Green started every game for the Chiefs from 2001 to 2005, twice made the Pro Bowl and threw for more than 4,000 yards three years in a row. But he wasn't the same when he returned from his concussion last year, throwing for only seven touchdowns with nine interceptions in eight games.
    When the Chiefs decided to go with a younger quarterback this year, Miami acquired Green as a caretaker quarterback while grooming Beck.
    Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

I hope for Trents sake he decides to retire.

I know everyone wants to make it to the big game, but you gotta think about the future man.

Best of luck to the guy!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

dolphins fans gotta be pissed the h-e-double L off... just think, they would of had culpepper!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

culpepper was in OAKLAND having a beer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looks like a 5th rounder for us then. Seriously though I hope Trent thinks about his family and calls it quits. It's not like he is on a team that has a shot at winning a Bowl in the next few years anyways!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

its too bad he was lookin towards a new start in a new city and then this... after this he should retire only the best thing to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Does he retire a Dolphin or a Chief?

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    or a Ram
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    or a Ram
    good question. id say a chief
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Chief of course.

He never had any competitive seasons with any other team.

From the way it looked in Hard Knocks, Carl offered him a job when he retires.

He still has a home in KC, right?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast