Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Chiefs pushing for offset language in Fisher deal

Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Chiefs pushing for offset language in Fisher deal

0 Not allowed!
    By Mike Florio
    With three of the top 10 draft picks blinking in the past 24 hours on the issue of offsets, the Chiefs are trying to make it a quartet. Per a league source, the Chiefs are pushing for offset language in the guaranteed money to be paid to tackle Eric Fisher. On one hand, it’s an… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 544
    Given: 747

0 Not allowed!
    This is absolute BS on the part of the Chiefs brass. Fisher's agent Joel Segal is not going to bite on this and the Chiefs brass has no business trying to pull a stupid stunt like this. Just pay Fisher in the same manner that Cam Newton and Andrew Luck were paid and move on.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think its "stupid", it is just good business! the offset language still guarantees the player will get paid the agreed upon amount in the original contract. it just may be by his new team or combination of both. what is wrong with that? u agree to pay me $6 million in year 4 but I did not play well enuf so u release me. I get picked up by team x and I sign for $3 million so u still have to pay me $3 million so I get my $6 million even though I am only worth $3 million
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!
    This will not look good on the Chiefs new regime. They already drafted a RT with the #1 pick and now they are holding off on signing him because they basically want a Pre-nup should he be a bust. You drafted the guy and are now arguing over him not getting money should you cut him. Wow.... If he is not signed by the time practice starts there will be darts flying at the new brass.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 115

0 Not allowed!
    ........They coud not finad a better picture?

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    I don't think its "stupid", it is just good business! the offset language still guarantees the player will get paid the agreed upon amount in the original contract. it just may be by his new team or combination of both. what is wrong with that? u agree to pay me $6 million in year 4 but I did not play well enuf so u release me. I get picked up by team x and I sign for $3 million so u still have to pay me $3 million so I get my $6 million even though I am only worth $3 million
    Sorry, but if they were worried about whether or not he was going to able to play well enough in year 4, then they should not have picked him. Besides, there was none of this nonsense that went on with Eric Berry and the 34.5 mil guaranteed that he got in 2010. Fisher's guaranteed money will be about 1/3 of what Berry got.

There's no reason for them to be bickering over dollars and cents with the rookie wage scale under the new CBA. Like I said before, they should just pay Fisher in the same manner that Cam Newton and Andrew Luck were paid and move on.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 129

0 Not allowed!
    I have no problem with them asking for offset language. I WILL have a problem if that is a sticking point and it results in him holding out for part of camp. If they ask and get it, then all the better for the long term financial health of the team. If they don't get it, but still get him signed in time to go to camp, then no harm no foul.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I have no problem with them asking for offset language. I WILL have a problem if that is a sticking point and it results in him holding out for part of camp. If they ask and get it, then all the better for the long term financial health of the team. If they don't get it, but still get him signed in time to go to camp, then no harm no foul.
    Today was the reporting day for rookies and QB's. So it's already a needless problem. Actual reporting date for everyone is Friday the 26th. We can only hope it gets done between now and then.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 07-22-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
    Well he should get less at #1 he's not a Qb

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    Well he should get less at #1 he's not a Qb
    Fisher's agent is not going to see it that way -- FORGET IT!! Doesn't matter about Fisher not being a QB. He was taken #1 overall and should be paid in same manner Cam Newton and Andrew Luck were. There is no excuse not to do so.

Luke Joeckel got the same type of contract at the#2 overall spot that RG III got the year before.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 07-23-2013 at 07:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast