Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Camp reports

Default Camp reports

I usually look up in the KC star how things are going. I thought I would post this on here for a few of you to read and maybe comment on as I found some of it interesting since I didn't even Know who Agnew was. Looks Like Houston is kicking Fisher's butt...

Rookie Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce settles into a groove
    Updated: 2013-07-29T03:53:25Z
    July 28
    The offense
    Order Reprints
    More NewsDaniel holds for kicks
    Rookie Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce settles into a groove
    Offensive lineman Geoff Schwartz shows off his versatility at Chiefs camp
    Dwayne Bowe back at Chiefs practice after recovering from virus
    Ready for some football? A fan’s guide to training camp with the Chiefs
    Read more ChiefsRookie tight end Travis Kelce appears to be settling into a groove, as he and backup QB Chase Daniel connected for the best offensive play of the day. Daniel lofted a pass along the left sideline that Kelce somehow hauled in over three defenders. The quarterbacks spent much of the day working the middle of the field. Alex Smith found tight end Tony Moeaki wide open. Rookie running back Knile Davis has struggled to hold on to the ball in camp, but showed improvement in this area Sunday. He also showed promise as a runner, exploding through the line on a run to the left and speeding up the sideline untouched. Receiver Jonathan Baldwin dropped a wide-open pass early in the practice but came on strong as the day went on, catching a TD pass over the middle.
    The defense
    The defense spent a healthy portion of practice working on its blitz schemes, and at times it worked, as the pass rush forced the quarterbacks to either miss the intended receiver or take a sack. Linebackers Tamba Hali and Justin Houston led the charge. Hali had a sack early in 11-on-11, while rookie first-round pick Eric Fisher had his hands full with Houston all morning. Though Houston jumped off-sides once during 11-on-11, he twice sped past Fisher during pass protection drills — a teammate even came over and smacked Fisher on the tail to encourage him — before he finally stopped Houston by negating a bull rush. The defensive play of the day came from cornerback Vince Agnew, who made a leaping, one-handed interception on a downfield pass by Ricky Stanzi.
    Injury report
    G Jeff Allen (shoulder), DL Marcus Dixon (hamstring), CB Buddy Jackson (hamstring) and DB Sanders Commings (collarbone), fullback Braden Wilson (hamstring) were out. CB Dunta Robinson left the field midway through practice with a hamstring issue.
    Today’s schedule
    Practice starts at 8:15 a.m. and is free and open to the public. Parking is $5.
    The number
    1 Free-agent Vince Agnew showed some serious skills with his one-handed interception, but Agnew was hardly a ballhawk in college, where he tallied just one interception in four years at Central Michigan.
    | Randy Covitz, rcovitz@kcstar.com, and Terez Paylor, tpaylor@kcstar.com
    Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/07/28...#storylink=cpy

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    It was a great break on the play by Flowers. The Chiefs had Tamba and Houston on the left side blitzing against Fisher. So Alex got rid of it quick and Flowers read it perfectly and jumped it half a second later and Flowers would have given up a huge play. It wasn't a great pass, but Flowers had to make a play on the ball and almost dropped it. He did return it for a TD.
    Tamba and Houston both against Fisher they are really working the rookie hard I like it How did Fisher hold up?????????
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Tamba and Houston both against Fisher they are really working the rookie hard I like it How did Fisher hold up?????????
    On that particular play, just fine, but Alex got rid of the ball very quickly so there was not much to see. I only mention they blitzed both as I was noticing that thinking wow, they are going to shift around the d line to manufacutre presure and expose an offense when whoop there went flowers. Clearly that pressure worked.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456