Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 159

Thread: CHIEFS VS SAINTS 1st PRESEASON GAME THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,777
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 403
    Given: 78

    Default CHIEFS VS SAINTS 1st PRESEASON GAME THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    1 Not allowed!
    Couldn't wait till tomorrow just to pumped up to see this team play after the loss season of a year ago.

    GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ​BAN ROY


  2. #101
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,262
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 589
    Given: 774

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    He doesn't throw the ball down the field. 73% of his passes last year were under 10 yards. We can dink and dunk as Cassel did against the scrubs, but what about a legit defense? What about third and 10? Third and 12?
    You are missing the point completely & blatantly, I might add. Consistently moving the ball & picking up first downs aka Rich Gannon, and not being a turnover machine like Cassel was, is what your going to see mostly from Alex Smith -- as matt has pointed out to you repeatedly. Besides, this O-Line hasn't shown yet that they can consistently allow any QB to stand back in the pocket & fire the deep ball repeatedly & neither did SF's O-Line when Smith was the QB, or CK for that matter.

    Smith does throw the ball down the field when the opportunities are there. If not for penalties in the 49ers game against the Bills, Smith would have gutted the Buffalo defense for 450+ yards passing in that game. A more accurate statement is that Smith doesn't throw the ball down the field 'recklessly, needlessly, or in desperation'

    As for 3rd and 10 or 3rd and 12, the secret is to make the basic plays work on 1st and 2nd downs so your not in those situations -- something Cassel could not do consistently -- EVER. Smith did it repeatedly last night & he carried the Offense on that 1st series.

    I suppose now that all season long that any opposing Defense that Smith has success against is automatically going to be a "scrub defense" in your mind.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 08-10-2013 at 01:56 PM.

  3. #102
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    You are missing the point completely & blatantly, I might add. Consistently moving the ball & picking up first downs aka Rich Gannon, and not being a turnover machine like Cassel was, is what your going to see mostly from Alex Smith -- as matt has pointed out to you repeatedly. Besides, this O-Line hasn't shown yet that they can consistently allow any QB to stand back in the pocket & fire the deep ball repeatedly & neither did SF's O-Line when Smith was the QB, or CK for that matter.

    Smith does throw the ball down the field when the opportunities are there. If not for penalties in the 49ers game against the Bills, Smith would have gutted the Buffalo defense for 450+ yards passing in that game.

    As for 3rd and 10 or 3rd and 12, the secret is to make the basic plays work on 1st and 2nd downs so your not in those situations -- something Cassel could not do consistently -- EVER. Smith did it repeatedly last night & he carried the Offense on that 1st series.

    I suppose now that all season long that any opposing Defense that Smith has success against is automatically going to be a "scrub defense" in your mind.


    No, the Saints were the worst defense in the NFL last year. Niners will be a legit test for Smith to see what our offense can do.

  4. #103
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,262
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 589
    Given: 774

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    No, the Saints were the worst defense in the NFL last year. Niners will be a legit test for Smith to see what our offense can do.
    Doesn't mean the Saints Defense will be the worst THIS YEAR. Niners defense folded down the stretch last year and there are no guarantees they will be one the top Defenses this year. Pre-season in general is NOT a legit test. Watch the regular season game against the Giants or Bills for a legit test as both those teams seem to have the Chiefs number.

  5. #104
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,777
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 403
    Given: 78

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Doesn't mean the Saints Defense will be the worst THIS YEAR. Niners defense folded down the stretch last year and there are no guarantees they will be one the top Defenses this year. Pre-season in general is NOT a legit test. Watch the regular season game against the Giants or Bills for a legit test as both those teams seem to have the Chiefs number.
    Correct lets look at the niners 2010 even Cassel lite the niners d up 2011 the niners with mainly the same d was much better. We know nothing of the NFL this year.Add to it the saints hired a brand new DC so we don't know what is going to happen with them

    My man is just proving me right. He has already made up his mind that Alex Smith is going to fail. No matter what he does My man will just say Yeah But. We can only judge what we have seen on the field right now Smith is 1 drive 1 TD. NOTHING to complain about. Nothing to say yep he's going to take us to the superbowl but so far so good. 1 drive which as I stated before in most cases is the most bland drive a team will run all year long. So while there's nothing to get excited over and say Smith is THE GUY it is at least a baby step in the right direction game 3 of the preseason is when we will see a glimpse of what Smith is going to do. That's as close to a real game we will see all preseason
    ​BAN ROY


  6. #105
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,262
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 589
    Given: 774

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Correct lets look at the niners 2010 even Cassel lite the niners d up 2011 the niners with mainly the same d was much better. We know nothing of the NFL this year.Add to it the saints hired a brand new DC so we don't know what is going to happen with them

    My man is just proving me right. He has already made up his mind that Alex Smith is going to fail. No matter what he does My man will just say Yeah But. We can only judge what we have seen on the field right now Smith is 1 drive 1 TD. NOTHING to complain about. Nothing to say yep he's going to take us to the superbowl but so far so good. 1 drive which as I stated before in most cases is the most bland drive a team will run all year long. So while there's nothing to get excited over and say Smith is THE GUY it is at least a baby step in the right direction game 3 of the preseason is when we will see a glimpse of what Smith is going to do. That's as close to a real game we will see all preseason
    I personally was at that Niners game on Sept. 26, 2010, and I can tell you for a fact that Alex Smith was NOT the reason the Niners lost. In fact, Smith was one of the few Niners players that didn't quit or give up in spite of a hopeless situation.

    For me, there is something to get excited about if Smith can run this new Offense under Andy Reid and play QB in the manner that Rich Gannon did. Gannon just drove opposing Defenses insane by constantly making the little plays work and converting 3rd down into 1st and keeping possession of the ball. If the Chiefs can get that type of QB play from Alex Smith this year, and not have their Defense constantly being on the field ( and constantly defending a short field ), then nobody is going to score a whole lot against them. If they are constantly going 3 and out or turning it over in their own territory like last year, then forget it -- they might as well send the damn cheerleaders out to play Defense.

  7. #106
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,398
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 221
    Given: 59

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    ... We can only judge what we have seen on the field ...
    Here is what I saw:

    I saw a QB who was firmly in control of his offense and did everything he wanted to do. He was 7 of 8 for 68 yards of an 80 yd TD drive with a passer rating of 102.1. He completed every single pass he threw except for one when everyone was covered and he wisely threw it away out of bounds. And most importantly, he didn't turn the ball over!

    What is surprising is he didn't use his wide receivers at all in that drive. How much more explosive can this offense be when Bowe and Baldwin get invoved?

    I saw the Chiefs offense get 6 first downs in that drive and only two of them came after 3rd down. And he did all of this without much of a running attack which we know will be one of the best in the NFL, this year.

    The play calling was very vanilla and, yes, it was against a suspect defense. But my focus was on execution and the passes were crisp and on target and our receivers didn't drop them.

    I'm anxious to see them air it out more and get the running game going and I'm sure we will see how they do with that in the near future. But right now I'm not too concerned with what we didn't see. I care about what we did see.

    And I liked what I saw.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    MatthewsChiefs can't stand MatthewsChiefs

  8. #107
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Correct lets look at the niners 2010 even Cassel lite the niners d up 2011 the niners with mainly the same d was much better. We know nothing of the NFL this year.Add to it the saints hired a brand new DC so we don't know what is going to happen with them

    My man is just proving me right. He has already made up his mind that Alex Smith is going to fail. No matter what he does My man will just say Yeah But. We can only judge what we have seen on the field right now Smith is 1 drive 1 TD. NOTHING to complain about. Nothing to say yep he's going to take us to the superbowl but so far so good. 1 drive which as I stated before in most cases is the most bland drive a team will run all year long. So while there's nothing to get excited over and say Smith is THE GUY it is at least a baby step in the right direction game 3 of the preseason is when we will see a glimpse of what Smith is going to do. That's as close to a real game we will see all preseason


    All I am saying it is the Saints, who will most likely have one of the worst defenses in the NFL. I don't believe their 2 betteer defensive players played; Vilma and Smith. Everyone is jumping up and down about ONE drive against a scrub defense. We have seen this before and there is no reason to get excited.

    We will see what happens against SF, a legit defense.

  9. #108
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,502
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 38

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    The first team players passes were caught in stride which is something that has been severely lacking during the previous regime. That's all I really wanted to see in the first game along with no injuries.

  10. #109
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Correct lets look at the niners 2010 even Cassel lite the niners d up 2011 the niners with mainly the same d was much better. We know nothing of the NFL this year.Add to it the saints hired a brand new DC so we don't know what is going to happen with them

    My man is just proving me right. He has already made up his mind that Alex Smith is going to fail. No matter what he does My man will just say Yeah But. We can only judge what we have seen on the field right now Smith is 1 drive 1 TD. NOTHING to complain about. Nothing to say yep he's going to take us to the superbowl but so far so good. 1 drive which as I stated before in most cases is the most bland drive a team will run all year long. So while there's nothing to get excited over and say Smith is THE GUY it is at least a baby step in the right direction game 3 of the preseason is when we will see a glimpse of what Smith is going to do. That's as close to a real game we will see all preseason

    By the way the Niners d in 10 wasn't bad like the Saints were last year.

  11. #110
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,777
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 403
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    All I am saying it is the Saints, who will most likely have one of the worst defenses in the NFL. I don't believe their 2 betteer defensive players played; Vilma and Smith. Everyone is jumping up and down about ONE drive against a scrub defense. We have seen this before and there is no reason to get excited.

    We will see what happens against SF, a legit defense.
    No ones jumping up and down.

    You just came on complaing that they didn't just air the ball out. All I and others have said is so far so good and that there is nothing to complain about. Find me one person who said that Alex has proven anything. He looked good last night. That's all that has been said. When we see him fail constantly on 3rd and long. Then we can worry until then just watch and see. There's no need to sit here and go on and on about "dink and dunk". It was 1 drive. That's hardly a fair range to judge a guy one way or anther. But that's what you want to do.

    So ok if we are going to judge on the 1st game of the preseason I want you to compare your boy Geno to Cassel. His average was 6.7 YPC last night so wasn't he dinking and dunking or does he get more time then 1 preseason game because you happen to like him. See how silly this talk about dink and dunk is after 1 drive.
    ​BAN ROY


Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Official Chiefs vs. Saints Game Day Thread 09-23-12
    By TopekaRoy in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 399
    Last Post: 09-28-2012, 09:20 AM
  2. CHIEFS vs BUCS Preseason Game Thread
    By matthewschiefs in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 08-15-2011, 11:23 AM
  3. ***Official Chiefs Crowd Reaction to the first Preseason Game Thread***
    By Chiefster in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-17-2009, 06:10 PM
  4. ***Official Chiefs VS Bears Preseason Game Thread***
    By Chiefster in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 294
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 02:47 AM
  5. ****Official Chiefs vs Dolphins Preseason Game Thread****
    By Chiefster in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 10:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •