Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: CHIEFS VS SAINTS 1st PRESEASON GAME THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default CHIEFS VS SAINTS 1st PRESEASON GAME THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't wait till tomorrow just to pumped up to see this team play after the loss season of a year ago.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    By the way the Niners d in 10 wasn't bad like the Saints were last year.
    No it wasn't but they were still bad the next year they were damn good just because somethings the case last year doesn't mean it will be the case this yer. Otherwise the same exact teams would go to the playoffs every year. That's just not the case
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Wow mmh is so dang bitter I am watching the game right now. Second pass was 7 yards to fasano. So while it was not 30 yards it was more than the stated2. This is andy reid football ger used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Wow mmh is so dang bitter I am watching the game right now. Second pass was 7 yards to fasano. So while it was not 30 yards it was more than the stated2. This is andy reid football ger used to it.
    Very few ever stop to think that just maybe Reid's Offense is a better fit for Alex Smith than what Smith was working with in SF and that Reid was smart enough to see that for many years & that's why Reid went after Smith when he had the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    To make his argument sound better he averaged it out himself, like the flare pass to Charles behind the line= -2 yards air time. It's all about the downfeild air time baby.
    I thought his passes were crisp and led the reciever in stride, and the short passing game is just an extension of the run game imo.
    Last edited by SloJimFizz; 08-12-2013 at 12:08 PM.

The comparisons between Cassel and Alex Smith are totally ludicrous. Alex Smith has always had much more poise and awareness in the passing pocket than Cassel has ever had. It's not even remotely close. Go watch the completion to Charles that put the ball inside the 5-yard line last Friday night. I'll bet money that Cassel doesn't make that completion.

Smith also does a much better job of reading defenses than Cassel ever could. The Saints were dropping 7 and 8 guys into coverage on every single passing play & Smith read it perfectly and went to the open man underneath their coverage instead of trying to needlessly force the ball down the field & that's the type of poise and patience the Chiefs haven't had at QB for many years since Trent Green was there.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    The comparisons between Cassel and Alex Smith are totally ludicrous. Alex Smith has always had much more poise and awareness in the passing pocket than Cassel has ever had. It's not even remotely close. Go watch the completion to Charles that put the ball inside the 5-yard line last Friday night. I'll bet money that Cassel doesn't make that completion.

Smith also does a much better job of reading defenses than Cassel ever could. The Saints were dropping 7 and 8 guys into coverage on every single passing play & Smith read it perfectly and went to the open man underneath their coverage instead of trying to needlessly force the ball down the field & that's the type of poise and patience the Chiefs haven't had at QB for many years since Trent Green was there.

That is all Alex Smith does is throw checkdowns. 73% of his passes last year were under 10 yards. He and Cassel are very similar.

That will be our offense, you wait and see. It is going to be checkdown city, and when we play against legit d's that can cover it ain't gonna be pretty.

That is all Alex Smith does is throw checkdowns. 73% of his passes last year were under 10 yards. He and Cassel are very similar.

That will be our offense, you wait and see. It is going to be checkdown city, and when we play against legit d's that can cover it ain't gonna be pretty.
    Cassel and smith are similar is some ways but there is a big difference in Smith is more accurate and makes better decisions one of the things that stuck with me from the one drive oddly enough was the 1 incomplete pass that Smith threw. Smith kept the play going with his legs a bit then saw it wasn't there and THREW THE BALL AWAY. That's something we didn't see from Cassel. He would have tried to force a pass or would have just held on to the ball and taken a sack. That's a pretty big difference from what we've seen from Cassel. If Cassel was a touch more accurate with his throws and made better decisions then he would be a good QB. He just hasn't shown that ability
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

That's funny, I saw Smith repeatedly throw the ball down the field against the same Buffalo Defense that smothered Cassel and the rest of the Chiefs Offense just a few games before & Smith would have had around 450 yards passing if not for a couple of penalties. I also saw him him makes some some nice medium distance throws against GB on opening day last year ( and other teams for that matter ).

I also saw Alex Smith carry the Niners to their playoff win over the Saints in the post-season after 2011 -- both with his arm and his legs. Cassel could have never done that.

Cassel and Smith are only similar in your mind. They aren't similar on the football field when it comes to taking care of the football or when it comes to pocket poise and pocket presence or reading opposing defenses. I've seen repeated evidence of that -- even up close and personal.

And good luck finding any LB or Safety that can cover a healthy Jamaal Charles one-on-one on a repeated basis throughout a game. Point is the Defense can't take away everything & basically what you are trying to say is Alex Smith has no ability to throw the ball down field and that just isn't true. He can, but his main objective is the first down marker -- very much like Rich Gannon in his heyday.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    That's funny, I saw Smith repeatedly throw the ball down the field against the same Buffalo Defense that smothered Cassel and the rest of the Chiefs Offense just a few games before & Smith would have had around 450 yards passing if not for a couple of penalties. I also saw him him makes some some nice medium distance throws against GB on opening day last year ( and other teams for that matter ).

I also saw Alex Smith carry the Niners to their playoff win over the Saints in the post-season after 2011 -- both with his arm and his legs. Cassel could have never done that.

Cassel and Smith are only similar in your mind. They aren't similar on the football field when it comes to taking care of the football or when it comes to pocket poise and pocket presence or reading opposing defenses. I've seen repeated evidence of that -- even up close and personal.

And good luck finding any LB or Safety that can cover a healthy Jamaal Charles one-on-one on a repeated basis throughout a game. Point is the Defense can't take away everything & basically what you are trying to say is Alex Smith has no ability to throw the ball down field and that just isn't true. He can, but his main objective is the first down marker -- very much like Rich Gannon in his heyday.

He did play well against the Saints, but that is clearly the exception to his usual play style. He never did anything like that before and hasn't since. He didn't have 450 passing yards against Buffalo, he had 303. In fact, he only has ONE 300 yard passing game the past 1.5 seasons and I think, dont quote me on this, 3 for HIS ENTIRE CAREER.

Cassel and Smith are both checkdown crazies, you and I both know it. How do you explain his yards per season? 73% of passes under 10 yards? Never throwing for 20 tds in a year? Only three 300 yard games in 7-8 seasons?

The answer to these questions are obvious:

He is a checkdown guru.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 08-12-2013 at 10:30 PM.

He did play well against the Saints, but that is clearly the exception to his usual play style. He never did anything like that before and hasn't since. He didn't have 450 passing yards against Buffalo, he had 303. In fact, he only has ONE 300 yard passing game the past 1.5 seasons and I think, dont quote me on this, 3 for HIS ENTIRE CAREER.

Cassel and Smith are both checkdown crazies, you and I both know it. How do you explain his yards per season? 73% of passes under 10 yards? Never throwing for 20 tds in a year? Only three 300 yard games in 7-8 seasons?

The answer to these questions are obvious:

He is a checkdown guru.
    Let me say this again about you and your most of his pass are short pass under 10 yards. Though I'm sure you will once again just ignore it but
    THAT'S ANDY REIDS SYSTEM
    Don't believe me go look at Mcnabbs stats his HIGHEST Average ypc was 8.38 yet he still did well. He won in the playoffs and even went to a superbowl Did he suck to?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!