Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: CHIEFS VS SAINTS 1st PRESEASON GAME THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default CHIEFS VS SAINTS 1st PRESEASON GAME THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't wait till tomorrow just to pumped up to see this team play after the loss season of a year ago.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Let me say this again about you and your most of his pass are short pass under 10 yards. Though I'm sure you will once again just ignore it but
    THAT'S ANDY REIDS SYSTEM
    Don't believe me go look at Mcnabbs stats his HIGHEST Average ypc was 8.38 yet he still did well. He won in the playoffs and even went to a superbowl Did he suck to?

Mcnabb is a hell of a lot better player. Smith had a godsend of a team and coaching staff to mask his weaknesses.

By the way, you are talking about YPA, not YPC.

Friday will be the time to see what Alex Smith has against a legit defense.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Mcnabb is a hell of a lot better player. Smith had a godsend of a team and coaching staff to mask his weaknesses.

By the way, you are talking about YPA, not YPC.

Friday will be the time to see what Alex Smith has against a legit defense.
    No I was using the average yards per complition do the math yards/completions
    http://www.nfl.com/player/donovanmcn...44/careerstats a lot of those seasons it was rounded up

So by your judgement he was nothing more then anther Cassel right dink and dunk. Mcnabb career average is under 7 yards per completion. So tell me he's noddle arm Cassel 2.0

Smith isn't going to air the ball out because that's not the offense Andy Reid runs. It's the point you ignore time and time again.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

No I was using the average yards per complition do the math yards/completions
    http://www.nfl.com/player/donovanmcn...44/careerstats a lot of those seasons it was rounded up

So by your judgement he was nothing more then anther Cassel right dink and dunk. Mcnabb career average is under 7 yards per completion. So tell me he's noddle arm Cassel 2.0

Smith isn't going to air the ball out because that's not the offense Andy Reid runs. It's the point you ignore time and time again.

Matt, you're mistaken. The average shown there is per attempt not per completion. Divide the total yards by completions and that is your real average.

Matt, you're mistaken. The average shown there is per attempt not per completion. Divide the total yards by completions and that is your real average.
    ok you got me i was looking at the wrong number

but even so Smith is still within a yard of Mcnabb in yards per completion
    Mcnabb 11.75
    Smith 11.06

So Less the a yard is difference between good and "dink and dunk" Really?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

And also keep in mind Mcnabb got Andy Reid who turned out to be a good head coach

Smith got Mike Nolan and Mike Singletary who turned out to be horrible head coaches so Mcnabb had a better sitution then Smith unless you can finally name me someone who played well under Nolan/Singletary like I have asked time and time again
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

He did play well against the Saints, but that is clearly the exception to his usual play style. He never did anything like that before and hasn't since. He didn't have 450 passing yards against Buffalo, he had 303. In fact, he only has ONE 300 yard passing game the past 1.5 seasons and I think, dont quote me on this, 3 for HIS ENTIRE CAREER.

Cassel and Smith are both checkdown crazies, you and I both know it. How do you explain his yards per season? 73% of passes under 10 yards? Never throwing for 20 tds in a year? Only three 300 yard games in 7-8 seasons?

The answer to these questions are obvious:

He is a checkdown guru.
    I said he would have had 450 if not for penalties <--- what part of that didn't you get?

One can easily explain his numbers in SF -- especially the 300 yd passing games. It's because of the type of Offense they've ran throughout his time in SF and the crummy coaching staffs and lack of team support that he had. BTW, CK only had one 300-yard passing game after he took over & they lost that game in the SB. 300-yard passing games don't always equal victories and is way overrated.

Smith also has had a 30-10 TD-INT ratio over the last 2 seasons. He's not a turnover machine like Cassel was.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I said he would have had 450 if not for penalties <--- what part of that didn't you get?

One can easily explain his numbers in SF -- especially the 300 yd passing games. It's because of the type of Offense they've ran throughout his time in SF and the crummy coaching staffs and lack of team support that he had. BTW, CK only had one 300-yard passing game after he took over & they lost that game in the SB. 300-yard passing games don't always equal victories and is way overrated.

Smith also has had a 30-10 TD-INT ratio over the last 2 seasons. He's not a turnover machine like Cassel was.

Smith has NEVER come close to a 27td/7int year like Cassel did in 10.

And also keep in mind Mcnabb got Andy Reid who turned out to be a good head coach

Smith got Mike Nolan and Mike Singletary who turned out to be horrible head coaches so Mcnabb had a better sitution then Smith unless you can finally name me someone who played well under Nolan/Singletary like I have asked time and time again

Yes Smith had bad coaching, I am not denying that. But even with good coaching in 2011 he didnt even average 200 ypg. It just boggles my mind that he has all of this support, yet he has similar ypg as Cassel.

Yes Smith had bad coaching, I am not denying that. But even with good coaching in 2011 he didnt even average 200 ypg. It just boggles my mind that he has all of this support, yet he has similar ypg as Cassel.
    Because yards per game isnt everything. His passer rating is his better then Cassel under good coaching his TD/INT ratio is higher his win loss record is higher then Cassel but all you can talk about is yards You don't mention all the other stuff
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Here's something that shows my point about yards not being everything last year the niners forced 25 turnovers that creates a short field and limits the need for yards the offense has to get. The niners also had a good defense that gets stops creating field position and thus limits the yards the offense needs Not getting a lot of yards doesn't mean the qb sucks all the time more so when the defense of a team is good
    TopekaRoy is my hero!