Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: CHIEFS VS SAINTS 1st PRESEASON GAME THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default CHIEFS VS SAINTS 1st PRESEASON GAME THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't wait till tomorrow just to pumped up to see this team play after the loss season of a year ago.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Here's something that shows my point about yards not being everything last year the niners forced 25 turnovers that creates a short field and limits the need for yards the offense has to get. The niners also had a good defense that gets stops creating field position and thus limits the yards the offense needs Not getting a lot of yards doesn't mean the qb sucks all the time more so when the defense of a team is good

Or in other words he needs a GREAT team around him to succeed.

Because yards per game isnt everything. His passer rating is his better then Cassel under good coaching his TD/INT ratio is higher his win loss record is higher then Cassel but all you can talk about is yards You don't mention all the other stuff

We have already seen this movie. The Chiefs had a quarterback who had a good rating with 27 tds on the year, yet threw for 207 yards per game. What happened? We ended up getting blown out in the playoffs. YPC aside, if we don't have a qb who can throw for a lot of yards we aren't going to win. You have to realize Smith has had only ONE 300 yard game the past 1.5 seasons. That my friend is frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    We have already seen this movie. The Chiefs had a quarterback who had a good rating with 27 tds on the year, yet threw for 207 yards per game. What happened? We ended up getting blown out in the playoffs. YPC aside, if we don't have a qb who can throw for a lot of yards we aren't going to win. You have to realize Smith has had only ONE 300 yard game the past 1.5 seasons. That my friend is frightening.
    Russell Wilson did not have a 300yd game last year, in fact he had more games that he threw for less than 200yds than over yet he managed to win 11games and a trip to the playoffs...just sayin
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Smith has NEVER come close to a 27td/7int year like Cassel did in 10.
    Who cares about Cassel's numbers in 2010. That was against the biggest cream-puff schedule that the Chiefs ever played in their history. They didn't beat one single team with a winning record that season. Look what happened in the final 2 games of that season at Arrowhead against the Raiders and the Ravens. Everybody knows Cassel's numbers in 2010 were a fluke.

Smith, on the other hand, picked right up in 2012 where he had left off in 2011. Cassel illustrated in both 2011 and 2012 that 2010 was a fluke.

Or in other words he needs a GREAT team around him to succeed.
    AWWWW this bs again so useing this standard of yours

Peyton Manning sucks he had that great ol Marrvion Harrison, Reggie wayne,Dallas clark ,Edgrin games he had a great team around him So Peyton Manning SUCKS

Joe Montana had the greatest WR to play to game so he SUCKS as does Steve Young

Troy Aikman had those great Cowboys teams around him so He sucks

Tom Brady has always had a good team around him so He SUCKS

Why is it that you only use this standard for guys you don't like? What a QB does well with a good team around him WELL DUH You went on and on about Geno Smith he had the best WR in the country with him in Travon Austin. Funny how that doesn't lead you to think he sucks
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Peyton Manning has throw for a ton of yards he has as many rings as Trent Dillfer

Dan Marino threw for a ton of yards I have the same amount of superbowl rings as him

Yep yards means everything
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Peyton Manning has throw for a ton of yards he has as many rings as Trent Dillfer

Dan Marino threw for a ton of yards I have the same amount of superbowl rings as him

Yep yards means everything
    Add to that most recently that Matthew Stafford has passed for over 5000 yards the past two seasons, but it hasn't made Detroit one of the elite teams in the NFC, now has it? It's starting to sound like MMH is more concerned with fantasy football numbers than anything else & the comparisons of Smith and Cassel are from a fantasy football standpoint, certainly not from the standpoint of how each guy plays QB on the football field.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 08-13-2013 at 12:39 PM.

Let's make it simple since you two don't seem to understand that yards from the quarterback impact the game and put your team in scoring range.

A quarterback like Alex Smith who doesn't throw for yards or touchdowns is considered a what ________?

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Add to that most recently that Matthew Stafford has passed for over 5000 yards the past two seasons, but it hasn't made Detroit one of the elite teams in the NFC, now has it? It's starting to sound like MMH is more concerned with fantasy football numbers than anything else & the comparisons of Smith and Cassel are from a fantasy football standpoint, certainly not from the standpoint of how each guy plays QB on the football field.

Well why dont you show me a list of the top 10 qb's ypg and the bottom 10 ypg. Let's see how many contenders are in each category, shall we?

AWWWW this bs again so useing this standard of yours

Peyton Manning sucks he had that great ol Marrvion Harrison, Reggie wayne,Dallas clark ,Edgrin games he had a great team around him So Peyton Manning SUCKS

Joe Montana had the greatest WR to play to game so he SUCKS as does Steve Young

Troy Aikman had those great Cowboys teams around him so He sucks

Tom Brady has always had a good team around him so He SUCKS

Why is it that you only use this standard for guys you don't like? What a QB does well with a good team around him WELL DUH You went on and on about Geno Smith he had the best WR in the country with him in Travon Austin. Funny how that doesn't lead you to think he sucks

Talk about going too far. I didn't say quarterbacks that have a good team around them suck, I said Alex Smith needs a good team to succeed.

He needs all the right pieces in order to do well. On the other hand you have a qb like Peyton Manning, who picks up FA WR in the middle of the year and they are still contenders.