Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: CHIEFS VS SAINTS 1st PRESEASON GAME THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default CHIEFS VS SAINTS 1st PRESEASON GAME THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't wait till tomorrow just to pumped up to see this team play after the loss season of a year ago.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    You're missing the whole point with the Colts

Don't you think if the better head coach was still there Dungy One of there biggest weapons Harrison was still there the O line was playing like they did during much of Mannings time there Edgerrin James was still there that they would have been better even without Manning. All those guys brought nothing to the table???????????????????? You really believe that? OF COURSE THEY WERE FACTORS. Losing Manning was there Death blow but they were already hit with a number of other blows they were not able to take the loss of Manning as well as they could have if all the other parts had not left.

They were good without Dungy, James and Harrison.

And again you just want to ignore the piss poor coaching Smith had as not a vaild reason??????????? So i want you to rule Vernon Davis sucks Do it he didn't play well under singletary he was sent off the field it was so bad. SO hold him to that same standard he sucks right?

Then look at the Harbaugh season, why didn't he throw for yards/touchdowns then?

It's clear as day you've made up you're mind on Smith. Alex Smith has played one drive for the Chiefs took them down for a td and what did you do. You come on going dink and dunk BLAH BLAH BLAH. Whats wrong with good start keep it up. You can't do it. You clearly can't be objective when it comes to QBs. Your track record speaks for itself to argue any further at this point would be pointless. Smith will never please you.

I judge Smith's performance from his entire career. Those that do not like to do that, and blame it on other factors look at his only full successful season with Harbaugh. When I bring up his lack of touchdowns/yards for that year, they start talking about other quarterbacks. If he meets the requirements I posted in the other thread which are very reasonable, then I will not consider the trade to be a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    And Smith passed for 68 of those 80 yards on that opening drive last Friday night to put them in scoring range. So what's your point?

He's considered a quality QB if he takes care of the football, isn't a turnover machine like Cassel, and moves the ball and puts points on the scoreboard like he did Friday night. I'm not worried about fantasy football stats, I'm more concerned about an increase in the win column for the Chiefs this year and in the coming years and, like it or not, Alex Smith was the best QB available to help them with that.
    But he has not done that his entire career.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Again show me a QB that played well under Singletary/Nolan. You Can't you expect Smith to come into the NFL with that piss poor coaching and just lite up the league? Something Tells me if Geno's NFL coach was sending his starting TE off the field and pulling his pants down at half time like the coach Alex Smith had you would be telling us about the horrible coaching if Geno struggled. Those things are facts they happened you think any QB would come in to the NFL and lite up the league under those conditions? In one post you admit to the piss poor coaching then in the next you say it's not a valid reason. Make up your mind

In that season under Harbaugh Smith was so horrible he just had his team on the brink of the SUPERBOWL
    The 2nd year he was on pace to have the 20td season before he got a concussion new league rules state that you have to miss time the old days he most likely wouldn't have missed time. Kapernick got hot and he never got a chance to start again he had 13 tds in 9 starts that's 1.4 tds a game give him 16 games of that and you have 22tds there would be your 20td season. He was on pace but got a concussion. He was also on pace to average 200 yards a game he didn't get a chance to grow in Harbaughs system but was doing well in the time he did get
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

He has done that the last 2 seasons. And Andy Reid's Offense is a better system than he's ever been in before.

What makes you think that any QB that was available in the 2013 draft is going to do it their entire careers?

All I am going to say is, Alex is our starting QB. That is it period. I remember being upset with DV bringing in Trent Green, because we destroyed him when he was playing against us while at the rams. I was sure he was not going to be any good! But he became a Chief, and our starting QB, and I support and believe in my team, so I as a fan of my Team, supported him. Was I wrong to be that way? Is Trent Green now one of the best QB in Chief's history, if he is not in your opinions, then your not a true Chief. So that being said, I gave my fan support to Cassel, he did not live up to it. Alex Smith is a Chief, and starting QB of my team, I believe in him, 1 preseason game does not prove him, only time will tell the story it will tell. But I believe in him, he is a CHIEF!
    So why all the crap in this thread that is negative about this or because we did not draft a QB with the first pick crap so lets be neg about the current starter, or lets bring more crap just to fuel the bs? Stop the negative attitudes! Be Chiefs! Get excited for OUR TEAM!!!! THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get Pumped UP!!!!!! For the NEW SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    He has done that the last 2 seasons. And Andy Reid's Offense is a better system than he's ever been in before.

What makes you think that any QB that was available in the 2013 draft is going to do it their entire careers?

No he didn't! In 2011 he was 17th in the league in touchdowns thrown. And get this, that was his best year! 2012 was better but unfortunately he got hurt. He's injury prone, another negative about Alex Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Again show me a QB that played well under Singletary/Nolan. You Can't you expect Smith to come into the NFL with that piss poor coaching and just lite up the league? Something Tells me if Geno's NFL coach was sending his starting TE off the field and pulling his pants down at half time like the coach Alex Smith had you would be telling us about the horrible coaching if Geno struggled. Those things are facts they happened you think any QB would come in to the NFL and lite up the league under those conditions? In one post you admit to the piss poor coaching then in the next you say it's not a valid reason. Make up your mind

In that season under Harbaugh Smith was so horrible he just had his team on the brink of the SUPERBOWL
    The 2nd year he was on pace to have the 20td season before he got a concussion new league rules state that you have to miss time the old days he most likely wouldn't have missed time. Kapernick got hot and he never got a chance to start again he had 13 tds in 9 starts that's 1.4 tds a game give him 16 games of that and you have 22tds there would be your 20td season. He was on pace but got a concussion. He was also on pace to average 200 yards a game he didn't get a chance to grow in Harbaughs system but was doing well in the time he did get

200 yards a game?! *Insert dance GIF here.

No he didn't! In 2011 he was 17th in the league in touchdowns thrown. And get this, that was his best year! 2012 was better but unfortunately he got hurt. He's injury prone, another negative about Alex Smith.
    He had a concussion in the old system he would have been right back out there. The new CBA brought brand new ways when it comes to head injuries Brett Farve would have missed a number of starts instead of being the iron man . But why bring that fact out when you can bash him

200 yards a game?! *Insert dance GIF here.
    You asked why he had didn't average 200ypg he was on pace to do so and now you act like it's nothing like I said my man you just keep proving my point Smith will never be good enough for you. IT will always be ya but he didn't do this or he didn't do that. So far all we have seen is 1 drive as a Chief the only thing that matters. That drive was a td. What's wrong with saying good job keep it up? You can't do that. Instead it's ya but he only threw short passes. WE GET IT YOU DON'T LIKE SMITH you can stop now. Bashing him over and over again is just old. But that's ALL YOU DO. Pretty much every post you bash or throw in a little dig t him WE GET IT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. You have made your opinion of him very clear. We can talk about other things. You have every right to have your opinion but to go on and on about it is VERY VERY ANNOYING.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

It is preseason, so I am closing this thread. It has ran its time long enough.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516