Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: CHIEFS VS SAINTS 1st PRESEASON GAME THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default CHIEFS VS SAINTS 1st PRESEASON GAME THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't wait till tomorrow just to pumped up to see this team play after the loss season of a year ago.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Peyton Manning has throw for a ton of yards he has as many rings as Trent Dillfer

Dan Marino threw for a ton of yards I have the same amount of superbowl rings as him

Yep yards means everything

Was Trent Dilfer a contender every year? No.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Well why dont you show me a list of the top 10 qb's ypg and the bottom 10 ypg. Let's see how many contenders are in each category, shall we?
    TOP 10 YDS/GAME QBS
    drew brees, Stafford, Romo, Brady, Ryan, Peyton Manning, Luck, Rodgers, Freeman, Palmer so that means freeman and palmer are nearly as good as Rodgers and you would rather have room than brady???????...................................... the bottom 10 QBS are RGIII, Fitzpatrick, henne, tannehill, cutler, cassell, locker, Wilson, sanchez, ponder, Smith so this means Russell Wilson is the 3rd worst QB in the NFL ??????
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Let's make it simple since you two don't seem to understand that yards from the quarterback impact the game and put your team in scoring range.

A quarterback like Alex Smith who doesn't throw for yards or touchdowns is considered a what ________?
    I never said yards have 0 impact. What I have said is yards are not EVERYTHING like you're making it out to be. You are using one area to talk on to compare Smith to Cassel. You IGNORE the td/int ratio you IGNORE the QB rating smith has had under good coaching. You IGNORE the win loss record Smith has over the last couple of years. You use 1 area to say see he's like Cassel Your blind hate is clear.

Talk about going too far. I didn't say quarterbacks that have a good team around them suck, I said Alex Smith needs a good team to succeed.

He needs all the right pieces in order to do well. On the other hand you have a qb like Peyton Manning, who picks up FA WR in the middle of the year and they are still contenders.
    Only for QBs you don't like do you make having a good team around him into a negative. Peyton Manning has always had good WRS around him. Yes he has made some look better but so did having all the weapons around him. When Peyton had Reggie Wayne Marrvion Harrison Dallas Clark that's who the d would be focused on so guys like Peirre Garcon would get open. Peyton Manning and every QB I noted had good teams around them but I don't here you saying that in a negative light. Yet anther Double Standard of yours.There are your rules for guys you like then there are the never good enough standards for the guys you don't like. You keep proving me right that Alex Smith will never be good enough for you it will always be Ya but

Was Trent Dilfer a contender every year? No.
    Nope he wasn't but at the end of the day the fact is he has as many super bowl rings as Peyton Manning and he has more then Dan Marino so tell me again how are yards everything?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I never said yards have 0 impact. What I have said is yards are not EVERYTHING like you're making it out to be. You are using one area to talk on to compare Smith to Cassel. You IGNORE the td/int ratio you IGNORE the QB rating smith has had under good coaching. You IGNORE the win loss record Smith has over the last couple of years. You use 1 area to say see he's like Cassel Your blind hate is clear.

Where did I say it was everything? It is a major factor.

Only for QBs you don't like do you make having a good team around him into a negative. Peyton Manning has always had good WRS around him. Yes he has made some look better but so did having all the weapons around him. When Peyton had Reggie Wayne Marrvion Harrison Dallas Clark that's who the d would be focused on so guys like Peirre Garcon would get open. Peyton Manning and every QB I noted had good teams around them but I don't here you saying that in a negative light. Yet anther Double Standard of yours.There are your rules for guys you like then there are the never good enough standards for the guys you don't like. You keep proving me right that Alex Smith will never be good enough for you it will always be Ya but.

If Peyton Manning has had such a tremendous team around him, why were they 2-14 when Peyton didn't play? How did the niners do without Smith in 2012?

Nope he wasn't but at the end of the day the fact is he has as many super bowl rings as Peyton Manning and he has more then Dan Marino so tell me again how are yards everything? Where did I say that yards mean everything? They put your team in a position to score. No one can seem to give me a valid reason why Alex Smith doesn't throw for many yards or touchdowns each season.

Yards are the only thing you have been going ON AND ON AND ON ABOUT . The QB rating TD/INT Ratio has been brought up you have IGNORED this over and over again The win loss record smith has had when he got a real head coach has been brought up you IGNORED this as well All you have done is compare his yards to Cassel you have ignored the other factors

Marvion Harrison retired well no team signed him after he was somehow involed in a shooting,
    BOOM 1 weapon gone
    Tony Dungy retired
    The O line got old like what happened in KC
    Dallas clark got injured the season between luck and manning and missed a number of games
    The OC that helped make Peyton Manning what he was left.
    Yep they had the same team allright

I gave you a reason that played a factor in his yards not being high There D created short fields and took the ball of course since you don't like Smith the D being good means he sucks
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

WTF Harrison was gone in 2009.

They had a good offensive coach in Jim Caldwell. The same Jim Caldwell who took over the offense for Baltimore, who won the super bowl.

Dallas Clark played in 11 games.

They still had Wayne and Garcon.

Anyone can see that Peyton Manning made Indy. What was their record before he got there? What was it the year that he left in 2011?

And no one can answer this question:

Why hasn't Alex Smith thrown for many yards or touchdowns per season? Is he that limited?
    Last edited by MyManHali; 08-13-2013 at 05:31 PM.

WTF Harrison was gone in 2009.

They had a good offensive coach in Jim Caldwell. The same Jim Caldwell who took over the offense for Baltimore, who won the super bowl.

Dallas Clark played in 11 games.

They still had Wayne and Garcon.

Anyone can see that Peyton Manning made Indy. What was their record before he got there? What was it the year that he left in 2011? Figure it out, Jesus.

And no one can answer this question:

Why hasn't Alex Smith thrown for many yards or touchdowns per season? Is he that limited?
    Caldwell proved not to be a good head coach. Dungy was the MUCH better head coach. There's a difference between being a good offensive coach and being the Head coach. For example Romeo good dc horrible HC.

You ignored the O line issue as well as the OC issue.

Harrison was better then Garcon.

missing 5 games is more then 25% of the year you do know that right?

But ya all they were missing from there hey day was manning and I didn't even mention Edgrin James he was gone to. But yep Manning was the only one they were missing. That's ESPN Bs

And again you can't go a post talking about yards then wonder why we say you make it all about yards.

But I'll answer Smith is no doubt part to blame but so is everyone else on that team. Vernon Davis pretty good Te Right one of the best in the NFL. One of the fine fine coaches that Smith had to play under said you can't play with him. Again it wasn't just Smith that struggled for all of those years it was the whole freaking team. As for When Harbaugh got there I can't really answer that I don't watch the niners much at all. But most of his time with the niners his piss poor coaching was why. And the problems you talk about Kapernick had some of the same problems as someone had mentioned he only had 1 300 yard game but you ignored that to
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Caldwell proved not to be a good head coach. Dungy was the MUCH better head coach. There's a difference between being a good offensive coach and being the Head coach. For example Romeo good dc horrible HC.

You ignored the O line issue as well as the OC issue.

Harrison was better then Garcon.

missing 5 games is more then 25% of the year you do know that right?

But ya all they were missing from there hey day was manning and I didn't even mention Edgrin James he was gone to. But yep Manning was the only one they were missing. That's ESPN Bs

And again you can't go a post talking about yards then wonder why we say you make it all about yards.

But I'll answer Smith is no doubt part to blame but so is everyone else on that team. Vernon Davis pretty good Te Right one of the best in the NFL. One of the fine fine coaches that Smith had to play under said you can't play with him. Again it wasn't just Smith that struggled for all of those years it was the whole freaking team. As for When Harbaugh got there I can't really answer that I don't watch the niners much at all. But most of his time with the niners his piss poor coaching was why. And the problems you talk about Kapernick had some of the same problems as someone had mentioned he only had 1 300 yard game but you ignored that to

Since you want to get technical, let's just focus on 2009 and 2010 since they didn't have Harrison or Edgerrin James and compare it to 2011 (when they didn't have Manning).

2009: AFC South Champions; AFC Champions; Superbowl appearance. 33 touchdowns, 4500 yards, 100 Rating.

2010: AFC South Champions; Out in the first round; 33 touchdowns; 92 rating; 4700 yards

Their line in 2009 wasn't good and was one of the worst in 2010. The colts had THE SAME COORDINATOR in 10 and 11 as well as the same coach.

Concerning Alex Smith:

Still cannot come up with a valid reason for his pathetic touchdown and yards per season.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 08-13-2013 at 07:59 PM.

Since you want to get technical, let's just focus on 2009 and 2010 since they didn't have Harrison or Edgerrin James and compare it to 2011 (when they didn't have Manning).

2009: AFC South Champions; AFC Champions; Superbowl appearance. 33 touchdowns, 4500 yards, 100 Rating.

2010: AFC South Champions; Out in the first round; 33 touchdowns; 92 rating; 4700 yards

Their line in 2009 wasn't good and was one of the worst in 2010. The colts had THE SAME COORDINATOR in 10 and 11 as well as the same coach.

Concerning Alex Smith:

Still cannot come up with a valid reason for his pathetic touchdown and yards per season.
    You're missing the whole point with the Colts

Don't you think if the better head coach was still there Dungy One of there biggest weapons Harrison was still there the O line was playing like they did during much of Mannings time there Edgerrin James was still there that they would have been better even without Manning. All those guys brought nothing to the table???????????????????? You really believe that? OF COURSE THEY WERE FACTORS. Losing Manning was there Death blow but they were already hit with a number of other blows they were not able to take the loss of Manning as well as they could have if all the other parts had not left.

And again you just want to ignore the piss poor coaching Smith had as not a vaild reason??????????? So i want you to rule Vernon Davis sucks Do it he didn't play well under singletary he was sent off the field it was so bad. SO hold him to that same standard he sucks right?

It's clear as day you've made up you're mind on Smith. Alex Smith has played one drive for the Chiefs took them down for a td and what did you do. You come on going dink and dunk BLAH BLAH BLAH. Whats wrong with good start keep it up. You can't do it. You clearly can't be objective when it comes to QBs. Your track record speaks for itself to argue any further at this point would be pointless. Smith will never please you.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Let's make it simple since you two don't seem to understand that yards from the quarterback impact the game and put your team in scoring range.
    And Smith passed for 68 of those 80 yards on that opening drive last Friday night to put them in scoring range. So what's your point?

A quarterback like Alex Smith who doesn't throw for yards or touchdowns is considered a what ________?
    He's considered a quality QB if he takes care of the football, isn't a turnover machine like Cassel, and moves the ball and puts points on the scoreboard like he did Friday night. I'm not worried about fantasy football stats, I'm more concerned about an increase in the win column for the Chiefs this year and in the coming years and, like it or not, Alex Smith was the best QB available to help them with that.